Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
RIO7 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
wouldnt making pot legal in the U.S. solve a lot of problems? then maybe the cartels wouldnt import so much of it, and our prisons wouldnt be so full of dealers, a lot of people i talk to smoke pot. and its accepted pretty much every where. and b.o. and friends would have something else they could tax. besides us. rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by wadevb1
Originally Posted by fish head
I wonder how this is going to affect inventory in Colorado?

January 1 is only five days away.

The convenience stores have muchies piled to the roof in anticipation of increased demand.

grin

Mexican commercial brown isn't worth squat when you have access to hydro.

The cartels are feeling the pinch due to the "legal" US quality control home grown.

which is why they have started heavily investing in meth production......they can buy the chemicals from China and India by the container load, make it in Mexico and sell it cheaper that the tweakers here can make it....

More people to hang. It's all good. Bring it, I'll build the gallows.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
wouldnt making pot legal in the U.S. solve a lot of problems? then maybe the cartels wouldnt import so much of it, and our prisons wouldnt be so full of dealers, a lot of people i talk to smoke pot. and its accepted pretty much every where. and b.o. and friends would have something else they could tax. besides us. rio7

no Blue i dont think it would solve much other than make those of us using it medicinally not criminals.....not gonna change a damn thing down your way cause the cartels arent going to give up on making money....they will just switch to a different product ect....

however the fact the feds say it has no medicinal value while cocaine and meth do is more than a lil crazy....if you have ever had eye, ear, nose or throat surgery there is a very good chance you have been given cocaine during surgery....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Carry that logic a little further �

Make murder and rape legal. And taxable.

Just think of it!

� They'd no longer be reported as crimes, so the official crime-rate reports'd go way down.

� There'd be hundreds fewer killers and rapists in prison, so the costs there'd go way down, too.

� And the IRS'd go after killers and rapists for taxes worlds more assiduously than the DoJ goes after 'em for trial, incarceration, and execution. (And the IRS isn't nearly as sensitive to skin color as the DoJ is.)

� Fees for "hit" contracts would go way down, so there'd be a lot more jobs for hire.

(Oh, sure! There'd be other effects, of course � but we're not going to talk about those right now, are we?)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think we should go the other way.

Make alcohol and tobacco illegal. Mandatory 5 to 10 in prison for possession of a beer, cigarette or tin of chew. Life imprisonment for anyone caught with distilled spirits like whiskey or scotch. Tobacco kills thousands each year and alcohol has ruined lives and destroyed families since the first Egyptian let his barley soup ferment.

I can't see any downside to it. Except maybe the death of NASCAR from lack of corporate sponsorship.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
last night we had a large group of illegals, over on the east side of the main ranch. it was raining,cold,muddy, border patrol found 21 14-16 yr.old kids boys with 2000# of pot they were carrying north,had it bundled up in 40# bales with seatbelts on them for pack straps, border patrol didnt get them all some got away, but think they picked up most of the pot.border patrol hauled them and the pot off,one of the kids told me that they get $300.00 a bale to deliver it up north. if they get caught the border patrol sends them home. to young to go to jail here.they call them baby mules.rio7

I believe it was this past Spring that I started a thread about my friend, Raul, who works on the Longfellow Ranch South of Ft Stockton. I mentioned that during my visit one of the other ranch hands found Three one hundred dollar bills folded together. They were fixing fence near where there is a cattleguard across the County road.

Raul said that's what the mules get paid for getting a bundle from the Rio to a pick up point North of HWY 90.

They can make 2 or 3 trips a month pretty easily. But................ once a guy starts, he goes when the bosses tell him and there is no retirement program.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The convenience stores have muchies piled to the roof in anticipation of increased demand.

grin

The cartels are feeling the pinch due to the "legal" US quality control home grown.

?...anyone care to interpret for me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The notion that .gov would ever actually profit from taxing marijuana is absurd.

They'll take in money, no doubt. And then they'll set up a dozen alphabet agencies to regulate the growth and distribution of it. They'll expand the IRS to deal with all the new tax laws and loopholes to those laws. Then they'll have LE investigate and arrest folks for possessing untaxed marijuana or the growers / distributors for tax evasion. Instead of incarcerating potheads, we'll incarcerate tax criminals. If you legalize it, the .gov employees you have enforcing current drug laws won't go anywhere and the regulatory arm of the government will grow. Great plan, huh?

If you legalize it, just do it. But don't kid yourself into thinking that it'll be profitable and don't try to buy my vote with that line of nonsense either.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

grin

mexican dope is not as good as US dope

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mexican dirt weed is not nearly as potent as the stuff grown hydroponically here in someone's basement.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin

most mexican pot is grown in huge fields....most teh US grown is done under carefully controled conditions with superior genetics.....basically you can get 4 times the price for the higher quality US grown pot over the lesser quality Mexican brick weed

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's like any other vegetative product, you can always get a better quality if you grow it yourself and don't have to worry about transportation.
The Cartels grow thousands of tons of pot on huge "plantations" and they are not too picky about what gets tossed into the bricks, so low quality leaves, stems, and crud gets mixed in. After all, it's sold by weight, not by THC levels. grin
The grower in Alaska and British Columbia became masters at indoor grows, including hydroponic systems, and were doing hybridization and cloning long before anyone else.
The THC levels coming out of some of those grows is mind boggling (pun intended) grin, while the Mexican stuff just can't compete with the potency.
The folks growing it here are now cutting into the Cartel's business the good, old-fashioned way; they are producing a higher quality product at a competitive price.

Edited: I see Sheridan beat me with a more concise explanation. grin

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 12/27/13.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Okay, now I can follow the conversation without gaps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by rattler

grin

which is why they have started heavily investing in meth production......they can buy the chemicals from China and India by the container load, make it in Mexico and sell it cheaper that the tweakers here can make it....

More people to hang. It's all good. Bring it, I'll build the gallows.

42 million Americans admit to smoking pot, are you saying you would hand 42,000,000 people.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet after you hang the first million, the other 41,000,000 "quit".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, now I can follow the conversation without gaps.

"Down Under" and the U S, like Shaw said about England and America � "two countries separated by a common language."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The need for Mexican weed will go down. To many people are growing and lots of state turn they're back. Hopefully states will learn how to tax properly as they become more liberal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I bet after you hang the first million, the other 41,000,000 "quit".

I shore with fellas on dope, and I am betting it would not deter them at all.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
The need for Mexican weed will go down. To many people are growing and lots of state turn they're back. Hopefully states will learn how to tax properly as they become more liberal.

If you lot made it legal you could always smuggle the better quality stuff into Mexico and start taking their money for a change.

Ironic really.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seriously? If possession of marijuana was an instant death sentence, I find it-I shoot you on the spot, and a MILLION people were executed for it in the first few weeks....nobody would quit?

If all 30 million people in Texas were executed, there's be some potheads in Oklahoma putting down the doobies. Ain't no weed nowhere that's worth instant death.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 270cowboy, 60 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.