-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have for a sale a Remington XP-100 in 260 REM. 16.5" barrel with break. I just traded for this gun so I have no idea how it shoots. If anyone is interested I can buy a box of 260 and shoot some groups but that will cause the price to go up. I had lots of interest in this gun via PM. I had so many that there is no way I can offer it to each guy separate. This will be on a first come first serve basis. The first public "I'll take it" followed by a PM wins. If I have multiple "I'll take it" PM's, I will go by time stamp.

The barrel was done by Tumbleweed Custom Rifles. I know nothing about this company and neither does the gunsmith I took it to. The previous said it shot great with handloads and factory ammo and that he only fired it 10 times. I don't know a total round count but I was told it was low after the custom barrel was installed.

The gunsmith I took it to yesterday said it was sitting in an H-S Precision stock but I have no way of proving this. I took the barreled action off the stock, but I still cant find a stock maker. The stock does seem to have an aluminum bedding block. Trigger is set at about 2 lbs 6 oz with a little take up but breaks very nice. The bolt does show some wear as seen in the pictures. There is also some dings in the stock and I tried to take a picture of all of them. Most of them are just chips in the black paint. The one below the tang and in front of the sling stud have taking some material out. They are not deep but they are there. There is also a push button release sling stud below the pistol grip. The finish on the barrel is not normal stainless, it has a swizzle finish. Look closely at the pictures. The top of the barrel is stamped T.C.R. 260 Rem and the word "Skeet" is stamped on the right side of the barrel. Sale will include gun, Burris 3-12 scope w/ AO, and mounts.

$900 shipped. As for trades the only guns I am interested in at this time are heavy barreled 308's. Remington or Savage.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q114/coyoteman23/RemXP100002_zpsbaf57d93.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q114/coyoteman23/RemXP100006_zps7a907fa1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q114/coyoteman23/RemXP100003_zps9e4cfdf4.jpg[/img]

Here is a link to view all of the pictures.
http://s134.photobucket.com/user/coyoteman23/slideshow/

Last edited by coyoteman23; 12/27/13.

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bump for the evening crowd.

�A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.�
~George Washington

R
rsk Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Nice outfit. Probably done by Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles in Round Rock, Texas (easy to find for contact with a Google search). The barrel finish is a "swizzle" finish like what I've seen Dan Dowling use, it involves turning the barrel in the lathe and applying a wire brush to it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info rsk. If the gun doesn't sell, I will be calling the gunsmith to see if they have any info on it.

~George Washington

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Mark Pharr owns Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles. For what it's worth he has done several rifles for me and they have all shot very well.

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
PM sent

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info dieselman.

sawcarver, PM returned.

~George Washington

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If you take what the HS stock is worth and the value of the burris scope, it makes the 260 barrelled action very affordable
I am suprised this has not sold

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Trade pending. Thanks.

~George Washington

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I hadn't traded my FN PBR XP in .308 Win about 18 months ago...I'd love to have had that pistol!

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,034
Posts18,481,933
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.