Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
100% Merino wool long sleeve T-shirts at Costco in Abbotsford, BC for $19.95. True North brand, made in Canada. Very comfortable, thin, light material. I bought one last night as a test, wore it overnight, and will be back by the time they open this morning to by more. cool

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I won't be far behind you......

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I better check the Ontario Costcos.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought 4 of them, they compare very favourable with the $90 one I bought a few months ago at Cabela's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What was wrong with it? Not warm? Already falling apart?

Kevin Haile
IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I bought 4 as well! so far Im very pleased with them and as a bonus made in Canada cool

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kevinh1157
What was wrong with it? Not warm? Already falling apart?

?

Nothing wrong with the Costco True North shirts. Very comfortable to wear overnight. I went back and bought more.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Just a question. I have been reading about how to REALLY stay warm and when it comes to wool, Marino wool is prefered. Is it warmer than other wool. I know there are othere types of wool but don't know the difference. Also, 20 bucks for a shirt and I would be there too. An underAemour is about 75 bucks around here.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No one has mentioned drawers.
I'd think they would be just as warm?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem
Just a question. I have been reading about how to REALLY stay warm and when it comes to wool, Marino wool is prefered. Is it warmer than other wool. I know there are othere types of wool but don't know the difference. Also, 20 bucks for a shirt and I would be there too. An underAemour is about 75 bucks around here.

I'm no expert on Merino but here goes my understanding based on moderate experience: Merino wool is comfortable wearing next to skin. It has the advantages of wool without the discomfort of most wool. Others may have better explanation.

Wab... yes, I'd buy Merino bottoms, long or short, if Costco brings out the rest of the ensemble. laugh FWIW, I stopped at Cabela's north of Seattle today and their Merino wool long sleeve T's (with a short neck zipper) were $154 for a two tone "comfort zone" version and a cheaper simple version was on sale for $100.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I bought some drawers/bottoms, on ebay. I'm not sure about the overall quality. I have about $23 in them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
the only difference between merino wool and other wool is not warmth but comfort. Merino tends not to be itchy. Durability and warmth is similar to other wool.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
FWIW,checked my local Costco last night and the only "merino" in stock is something like 11% and made in Cambodia. I'll be keeping an eye out for the good stuff and will jump on some when/if it arrives, thanks.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I think you are talking about the "paradox" range. I bought there leggings and find them fine and better than they other pair that I have (dont know the make).

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Good to know, though I'll hold off for a higher wool content since I don't need them til next hunting season.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Okanagan;
Thank you kindly for the heads up on the Merino shirts.

While we are without a Costco membership in our house, a couple of co-workers have them so when one of our Lead Hands headed up to Kelowna for some Christmas shopping I got him to pick one up for me.

I'm wearing it as I type and if possible I do believe I'll have my Co-Manager pick me up a couple more if the Kelowna store doesn't run out.

Thanks again for the tip on a very comfortable and warm(timely that! wink ) shirt sir.

All the best to you and yours in the Christmas season Okanagan, as always you folks remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Iam in the same boat as Dwayne, no membership so had my co-worker pick me up one. I also will be buying some more given the opportunity.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
i`ll have to check that out.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, after reading Okanagans and other posters comments on the merino blend undershirt I hurried over to Costco in Edmonton and picked up 2 pairs. One medium one large. I need the large one I will exchange the medium and get another 2. This stuf really works.
This morning I had a good opportunity testing it shovelling last nights dump.
Usually I am sweaty when I come in. Not today. Still bone dry and warm. Not itchy or scratchy and ultra light. They are sold under the paradox brand.The blend is 84% polyester, 11% merino wool and 5% spandex. Wash in cold water. Do not leave Costco without it!
Thanks for the tip okanagan!

Last edited by shrike; 12/28/13.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by shrike
Yes, after reading Okanagans and other posters comments on the merino blend undershirt I hurried over to Costco in Edmonton and picked up 2 pairs. One medium one large. I need the large one I will exchange the medium and get another 2. This stuf really works.
This morning I had a good opportunity testing it shovelling last nights dump.
Usually I am sweaty when I come in. Not today. Still bone dry and warm. Not itchy or scratchy and ultra light. They are sold under the paradox brand.The blend is 84% polyester, 11% merino wool and 5% spandex. Wash in cold water. Do not leave Costco without it!
Thanks for the tip okanagan!

Those are a bit different than from our Costco.... we bought a Canadian made by True North brand and it is 100% Merino wool.
If you put one of ours on and close your eyes you can almost hear the Sheep bleating as its being sheared....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 26 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.