Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Educational if a guy wants to learn how to chit in his bed......

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

That'd be the Christian thing to do.

Only way I roll.

Iceman

"That's right Iceman....................I am dangerous" whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinsmore1
This is very educational for a new guy!

Good deal. So now you gotta tell us what you learned. OK? whistle

I used to know a Don Dinsmore back in the dark ages. You ain't him, are you?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
When I have had hard times I sure as heck don't buy anything>>>.
That's the time to tuck in and sell off our things that we need to, not spend time, money, or labor we don't have enough of on toys.
TOYS if You can't afford to pay for them in cash You can't afford them.....

MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I just came across this post and am somewhat confused. It was my understanding that a C&R FFL could not ship and/or receive modern firearms, such as the Ruger Charger. Am I missing something here?

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted By: Dinsmore1

Good deal. So now you gotta tell us what you learned. OK?
I used to know a Don Dinsmore back in the dark ages. You ain't him, are you?

I have learned some things never change when buying and selling firearms.
No I'm not Don Dinsmore, just a name of a place I own.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

GFY.

That's an education.

Iceman

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dieselman
I just came across this post and am somewhat confused. It was my understanding that a C&R FFL could not ship and/or receive modern firearms, such as the Ruger Charger. Am I missing something here?

A C&R type FFL doesn't do a thing for him in this case.

Q: What is a firearm curio or relic?

Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

[27 CFR 478.11]

Q: Is there a specific license that permits a collector to acquire firearms in interstate commerce?

Yes. The person may obtain a collector�s license; however, this license applies only to transactions in curio or relic firearms. The principal advantage of a collector�s license is that a licensed collector can acquire curios or relics in interstate commerce.

[27 CFR 478.41(c), (d), 478.50(b) and 478.93]

Q: How does one get a collector�s license?

Submit ATF F 5310.16 (Form 7CR), Application for License (Collector of Curios or Relics), with the appropriate fee in accordance with the instructions on the form. These forms may be obtained from the Firearms and Explosives Licensing Center in Atlanta, Georgia, your local ATF office, or downloaded from ATF�s Internet site (www.atf.gov).

[27 CFR 478.41(c)]

Q: Does a collector�s license afford any privileges to the licensee with respect to acquiring or disposing of firearms other than curios or relics in interstate or foreign commerce?

No. A licensed collector has the same status under the Gun Control Act (GCA) as a nonlicensee except for transactions in curio or relic firearm

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

GFY.

That's an education.

Iceman

Gettin educated is pretty easy around here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I think we're all missing something here.

It's called honesty.

Honesty is what makes the world go 'round; and when one decides to forego honesty when dealing with folks, the proverbial 'web we weave' may trap us.

And that is what God was trying to convey when he sent Christ to this earth to die for our sins, and I think sometimes people forget that.

Iceman

PS-That whole load of schit about honesty goes out the window when dealing with DUI checkpoints and when trying to bury the hatchet into a mildly intoxicated bleeder. I'm not going to expound on what "hatchet" really means. But it rhymes with COCK.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Think I know what you mean flave, I tried it once. Didn't go well. The boys in blue had me flying cargo planes fulla rubber chit outta Hong Kong..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What this thing needs is some Bricktop!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Thanks for the sermon.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Guess I'm a little late to the dance. And I'm still a relative newby here on the Fire. I've logged on almost 3 years ago, at the recommendation of a few Texas & Colorado Members that were good friends that I know personally. And I've really enjoyed the couple of hours I tend to spend on here every day while I'm watching the TV every evening. And I would like to think I've made some really good friends & have met quite a few nice Fire Members who are like minded & enjoy the same kind of outdoor activities that I do. As in Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Reloading, Shooting, and Gun Collecting.

In the short time I've been a Campfire Member, I have bought and sold only a few things in the Free Classified Section. Probably only about 12 items total that I have either bought or sold. And so far, I've NEVER had a bad experience with ANY Campfire Member that I've done a transaction with. Ever transaction has gone forward without a hitch, and I've been very pleased with the Fire Members that I've had the pleasure to trade with.
And Mark, or SafariMan is one of the Fire Members that I've had the pleasure to deal with. I didn't know Mark from Adam, but I found him to be very honest & upfront about every detail of our transaction. He was very detail oriented and meticulous in the description of the Item, and as i requested, he also sent pictures via email showing the item in great detail, just as it was.

I also found Mark to be very reliable, and he did exactly what he said he would do. The Item was much better than he described, and he also Included some additional items free of charge that were accessories that he could have easily sold elsewhere. And they were not cheap items!
He also included some free ammo to test out in one of my 10mm pistols. During our transaction, I had a financial situation come up that kept me from including a check for $200.00 as part of our trade that I was sending to Mark. It took me a couple of weeks to get the extra money to him, and he was very gracious and understanding & simply told me to send him the money whenever I could. I found Mark to be an outstanding man of his word & honor, and I would not hesitate to buy anything from him. Period.

As I also would not hesitate to do business with any Campfire Member who I've done business with previously here on the Campfire. I've met some great people here on the Fire, and I've also learned quite a bit about the character of my fellow Campfire Members.
I've seen numerous Members here on the Fire help one another just because it was the right thing to do, and also help and aid other people whom they didn't even know. And I'm very proud and honored to call those members my friend and fellow Patriots. And they would be Welcome at my CampFire, anytime.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

His PM should've included three things:

1- A tracking number for delivery of your refund, plus return shipping.
2- The address of the FFL where he wants the POS sent back to.
3- An apology for wasting your time.

^^^^^^^^^ This...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
he also Included some additional items free of charge

Was a 10-22 mag and a charger bipod in them 'additional' goodies by chance, was there?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I think we're all missing something here.

It's called honesty.

Honesty is what makes the world go 'round; and when one decides to forego honesty when dealing with folks, the proverbial 'web we weave' may trap us.

And that is what God was trying to convey when he sent Christ to this earth to die for our sins, and I think sometimes people forget that.

Iceman

PS-That whole load of schit about honesty goes out the window when dealing with DUI checkpoints and when trying to bury the hatchet into a mildly intoxicated bleeder. I'm not going to expound on what "hatchet" really means. But it rhymes with COCK.

All this christianity talk is giving me a hard on!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
he also Included some additional items free of charge

Was a 10-22 mag and a charger bipod in them 'additional' goodies by chance, was there?

laugh No, but that's funny right there. cool It was a dozen handmade Cedar Arrows and a custom Leather Quiver & and bow accessories after we got to talking about Primitive Archery.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Unless you specified no returns, be prepared for a return.

I disagree with this, how many flea markets or gun shows have you been to that the sellers would accept a return on something after you carried it around building for an hour??? That is all this site, or any other site is for that matter are ONLINE GUN SHOWS/Flea Markets! I do not agree at all on a return policy on "used" items, but I also do not think that items should be misrepresented either. That is why I try to describe everything as best as I can before I sell it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kend
This is a tough deal. The condition of a gun is subjective and what is great condition to one may seem rough to another. Without seeing Safariman's pictures and the buyer's pictures it's impossible to pass judgment. Could it be that the buyer found a better deal or is simply suffering buyer's remorse? I have done business with Safariman several times and found him to be a man of his word.

Best post in this entire thread!!
+1[i][/i][u][/u]

Last edited by MuskieMan223; 12/28/13.
Page 8 of 37 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,503
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.