-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
OP Offline
K
Howdy boys, I was wondering if anyone here knows the present day value of the Herter's (#6 in size) kodiak bear traps as I've have 3 of them I'd like to sell. They are not the step trigger type. I also have what looks to be an Oneida Newhouse #6 trip pan fitted onto a big Herter's bear trap, at least that's what I was told.

I had a person that knows quite a bit about bear traps look at pictures and he pointed out that the trip pan assembly was bolted onto the frame not riveted like a Newhouse. Then I put the two traps (Herter's/Newhouse) on a table together and everything but the pan looks and measures just like the Herter's. I think my Dad may have got took back in the sixties when he bought that one. Just the same this guy wants the made-up #6 Newhouse pretty bad. That has me wondering...

We've seen the Herter's Kodiak sell on eBay for $670, even one for $850.00 last summer, but I think the latter is pretty high. We've seen the big Newhouse #6s sell for much, much more. I thought I'd put them on eBay to sell, but eBay has new policies about BIG traps and canceled my auction. Any of you folks here know collector trap prices? I can't find any resources at the library or on the web. Any info would be helpful and if ya just want to jabber with me fer a bit that's fine too!

The Old Kickstand

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Kickstand

Go to Cumberland's on the web (sorry no link) and you can compare with the new ones they are selling. It might give you so hint's.

best,
bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks beatrhuntr, I didn't know new made bear traps were available. Looks like $310.00 will get you a new made equivalent of the Herter's. Still, I know there Herter's collectors out there. Thanks for the info!

Kickstand

K
OP Offline
K
Thanks beatrhuntr, didn't know new made bear traps were available. Looks like $310.00 will get you a new made equivalent of the Herter's. Still, I know there Herter's collectors out there. Thanks for the info!

Kickstand

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 1lesfox, 240NMC, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 28 invisible), 1,982 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,088
Posts18,501,767
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.