Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Selmer;
Like my original post said, my first two experiences were fine. Both scopes were repaired. (IDK about poster that said they don't repair, just ship new ??? They are ser #'d. I got MY scopes back)
Anyhow, the issue w/ Omega and Monarch was they wouldn't hold zero.
The Lazer IRT 4x12x40 came out of the box with the reticule canted counter clockwise and the proprietary mounts were mis machined/cast and lifted off one side of Picatinney rail when tightened. Repair Service Dept. denied it was a "rifle scope" and invoiced to repair.
Customer Service Dept. has had a chat with Repair and resolved the issue. (haven't got scope back yet -we'll see)

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My two cents on Nikon optics:

They do make nice scopes.

My one experience with their customer service wasn't very good.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have exactly 1 Nikon scope a 4x40 UCC that I bought used and put on my 308 savage. I've had it about 4 years and basically I mounted it ,zeroed it and haven't touched the turrets since. It is a nice clear bright scope and I have been very happy with it. On the other hand I would probably go with a Leupold if I was buying new.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by selmer
I've only sent in one Nikon scope to CS, a pre-Monarch 3-9x40 that I asked them to look at to see if there were any problems (received it on a rifle trade). They shipped me back a brand new 2.5-10x42 Monarch UCC and the receipt said "water damage" on the older scope. I'm perfectly happy with their CS. What was your experience ingwe?

I'm curious as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
Eye relief on even the Monarchs isn't as good as the competition, and if you do have to send one in, their warranty service sucks donkey balls.

ER can be a subjective matter. I personally DON'T like the extra long ER of "the competition". Running out of room for mounting your scope really "sucks donkey balls". Having the "competition" take a chit on you at the range "sucks donkey balls" even more so. Nikon isn't my favorite. I've only had about 10 Nikon rifle scopes, but none of them ever left me stranded. If it makes you feel better, my LGS has a shelf dedicated to the "competition". He lets them pile up and then takes them down to Beaverton. Can't argue about their stellar CS though wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I've had a Prostaff on my .50 cal T/C muzzleloader for 6 years. After I zeroed it
( using 150 gr. Triple 7), I haven't had to touch it. No experience with any of their other line of scopes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
nastydaddy101 wrote: "I have always had a problem with a 90 day warranty on their refurbs. That alone keeps me away from Nikon."

--

Too bad you didn't bother to check out the warranty wording a little closer. You will have the SAME warranty as any Nikon with the exception of having to pay $10 return shipping after 90 days. The scope or whatever item WILL be taken care of.

Also, "refurb" does not mean anything was ever wrong with the scope. Per Nikon's policy, if you buy a scope at Wal-Mart, get to the door of the store and then decide you do not want it, it cannot be returned to inventory. It must be returned to Nikon for a ful inspection. These are not sold as new anymore and thus wind up as "refurbs."

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Pro Staff 2-7, a Monarch 2-8 and several Monarch African 1-4's, as well as Leupold, Vortex, Burris and Zeiss. I've never had issues with any of the Nikons so have no knowledge of their customer service. I generally prefer Leupold scopes and if I could afford a couple dozen VX3's that's what I'd have on everything. I've been buying more African 1-4's lately mostly due to their eye relief and value. Ingwe's comment surprised me as I thought the Monarch series claimed a constant 4" of eye relief. I haven't measured it on any of mine, but it sure seems to be adequate and at least equal to other scopes I have with approx. 4" of eye relief.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have two Prostaff's, a 3-9 and a 4-12. Both have been exceptional.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've had great luck with Nikons but don't run the Monarch series anymore since, IMO, they don't compare to the other scopes in that particular price range.

With that said, I still have an original Japan Nikon - not marked as any particular model, sitting on top of my savage 10ml and in perfect condition still too. When this scope was bought new 25 yrs ago I still remember thinking the low light application was awesome (compared to the low end Tasco's, bushnell, and few TV view Redfields I had owned. Today, I have a few of the lowest end Minox that gather light better than the old Nikon.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.