Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by derby_dude
� I am always amazed how really intelligent people cannot see the connection between debtor and creditor.

And I'm always amazed by how many otherwise intelligent people tend to presuppose, automatically, a certain always nefarious influence based upon the mere fact of a given relationship.

It's not a problem for those of us of higher intellect. You must be slipping in your dotage.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's not a problem for those of us of higher intellect. You must be slipping in your dotage.
=========

TFF. With only a high school education, what other play do you have?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
It already began when O got elected, twice. His plan is working and we'll see the next hit September of 2015. What shape it will take is likely financial. China could electronically do to our economy what the airliners started on 9/11. We can not function at the farm level...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I vote for Montana next June. It looks grim for the prairie dogs.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� I am always amazed how really intelligent people cannot see the connection between debtor and creditor.

And I'm always amazed by how many otherwise intelligent people tend to presuppose, automatically, a certain always nefarious influence based upon the mere fact of a given relationship.

Haven't seen anything here that makes me worry about that possibility.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
My biggest project at the proving ground was a still-super-secret non-nuclear weapon (not a bomb, not a gas or a poison, not biological) that would leave a vast area virtually uninhabitable far longer than any kind of a bomb would. Only four of us there were privy to all its technical aspects — source, composition, methods of deployment, target effects, etc — not even including the commandant of the proving ground. Some knew the details of this aspect, others of that aspect, etc, but the total knowledge of that weapon was severely compartmentalized. One of the four is no longer alive, and he may not be the only one who's gone.

Shortly after our proving-ground project was done, Carter alluded to it — but what he said about it sounded so fantastic that no public-reporting medium pricked-up their curiosity enough to dig into it. It was very privately rumored at the time that two or three contractor's employees had been quietly confined to federal prison for blabbing too much of what they knew.

So I really appreciate Einstein's prediction re World Wars Three and Four —

"What do you think that the next world war will be fought with?"

"I don't know. But I know what the one after that will be fought with."

"What's that?"

"Rocks."

This is interesting. I've heard similar stories, and it always makes me wonder what else is out there that we can't even begin to imagine?

There's no question that weapons and tech exist that the vast majority of people don't know about, but how far does it go? Ken was working on things that likely still aren't public knowledge, just think of how far they've come since. I wonder if we'll ever know.

T
tbear Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The Chicoms as you call them offers a lot to be wary of. History shows that German & Japanese navies were superior to the US prior to WWII. It didn't take long for our industrial might to change the balance of power. Remember who we borrow money from to fund entitlements. China is investing in ships & will have a large Navy in the next 20 years as well as Air Force & space weapons. Obama has virtually abandoned space exploration & this is where future wars will be decided. Many Americans believe we have the best engineers & scientist. I have worked with many foreign born & educated engineers that didn't take a back seat to our finest. The Chinese are building nuclear & fossil fuel power plants at a rapid rate. While its not likely based on the present situation that China wants to engage the US in war who knows in 20-50 years. The Middle East with all the turmoil remains the flash point for a future war. With all the oil wealth its only a matter of time until Iran, Saudi, Kuwait, & other oil rich Arab countries begin spending vast sums of money on developing their military.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I vote for Montana next June. It looks grim for the prairie dogs.

No there's a man after my own heart.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
How about taking a pass on the "Next War" and let some one else tank their economy just because they can.

What a concept!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Not too worried about the Chicoms,their Navy suks,logistics for moving a million plus boots on the ground is no easy task and quite easily rectified these days with superior air power via
stand off weapons besides they wont bite the hand that feeds them.

The Ruskies know what tit for tat means and won't risk the consequences.

The Norks? Laughable at best with their commie teen in charge.The old guard is too intelligent to follow this psychopath into total annihilation and will take care of biz the old fashion way.

My # 1 choice the Middle East in defense of Israel.

Got to agree. If Iran and Israel started throwing bombs at each other, we would support the Jews.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next war will be on our own soil. Even the feral govt is gearing up for it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tbear
Remember who we borrow money from to fund entitlements. China is investing in ships & will have a large Navy in the next 20 years as well as Air Force & space weapons. Obama has virtually abandoned space exploration & this is where future wars will be decided.

I'm quite positive China isn't funding our "Black Project" development but as far a Zero is concerned his need to know is next to bottom rung on the ladder.Don't underestimate our science we still have the best of the best working overtime to keep us on top with many surprises in store for potential adversaries in the future..count on it!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only reason other countries are catching up is because they're stealing technology at an alarming rate via our sloppy housekeeping.Way past time to close the shop doors and let the rest of the world worry what we're up to.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by fish head
An interesting twist on the question is ...

Why will we have the next war?

A. Retaliation?
B. A humanitarian fight against evil?
C. Defense of an ally?
D. To ward off would be conquerors?
E. Control of oil or natural resources?
I've taken the liberty of labeling your choices to make a reply easier.

I believe it will be fought strictly for E but sold to the American public as B and C.

Kind of like US vs. Japan in WWII.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by fish head
An interesting twist on the question is ...

Why will we have the next war?

A. Retaliation?
B. A humanitarian fight against evil?
C. Defense of an ally?
D. To ward off would be conquerors?
E. Control of oil or natural resources?
I've taken the liberty of labeling your choices to make a reply easier.

I believe it will be fought strictly for E but sold to the American public as B and C.

Kind of like US vs. Japan in WWII.......

You got it.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Rods of Thor?

If you can read, you can see it coming!

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
We are pulling out of Afghanistan and the intelligence community is predicting great instability in the wake of the pullout. My guess is that we'll have to go back in and do it all over again.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by djs
We are pulling out of Afghanistan and the intelligence community is predicting great instability in the wake of the pullout. My guess is that we'll have to go back in and do it all over again.

Why? Is there something there we need? The Russian were smart enough to walk away, will we be that smart? Afghanistan is and always has been a $hit hole so why should we care?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
And why would we go back into Afganistan? The British failed there, the Russians failed there and we have obviously failed there. Tell me what difference does it make?

As for the next war, wouldn't we better off thinking about how to have peace and minimalizing the prospect of war? I am realist enough to be prepared for conflict,
But do we need such a far flung military and "defense" budget so much larger than other countries?

Much of the "foreign aid" we give to other countries is military aid isn't it?

When China starts spending the same percentage of their budget on " defense" as we do,I will be worried.

Until then, give me a break..

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wherever there is a power vacuum or there are valuable resources for the taking.

The N. Koreans could do something only because they completely out of touch.
The Chinese will only be an issue if their government integrity is threatened.
The middle east is always an option. Persians v. Arabs perhaps?
The Russians and some of their southern neighbors are a possibility. Although I don't know why we would get involved there.
Some non-nation state (terrorist org.) could try and make a name for themselves.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 117LBS, 21, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,386
Posts18,527,640
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.