Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Depredation of Government Property".

Okay,.....WTF did that "Legal Language / Charge" float in from ?

What a [bleep] Charlie Foxtrot these USFS clowns run.

A.) The National Forests are OUR property !

B.) Perhaps if the USFS "Wardens" spent a little more time in the FORESTS, instead of their chic and always freshly decorated OFFICES, Mr. Figueroa-Montes and his compa�eros wouldn't have the opportunity to screw up the ground that these "Wardens" are PAID to protect.

C.) If USFS was a little less concerned about restricting OUR (the American Outdoor Recreational community)Access to OUR Public Lands, perhaps sites like this, and the scum that run em' would be dealt with in a little more Western and effective fashion.

Talk about the upsides and downsides of legalizing the left handed chit all you want,......this nonsense needs to be brought to a screeching halt. I'd just as soon see it done by squared away, well oriented, well armed citizens, as these Federal USFS Hippies, that think WE are the problem in THEIR forests.

GTC

Massive marijuana grow in eastern Oregon forest nets guilty verdicts for defendant

Link: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/12/massive_marijuana_grow_in_east.html

A 34-year-old man was found guilty by a federal jury in Portland on Monday in connection with a massive marijuana growing operation that covered a mile-and-a-half stretch in eastern Oregon's Wallowa Whitman National Forest.

Fredy Figueroa-Montes was the only one of six defendants to choose to go to trial for what is believed to be the largest marijuana grow ever found in Oregon, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

He was found guilty of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana, which carries a maximum 20-year prison sentence, and depredation of government property, which carries a 10-year maximum. Figueroa-Montes, an undocumented immigrant, also faces possible deportation after he completes his sentence.

The other five defendants entered guilty pleas and have been sentenced to prison terms ranging from two-and-a-half years to 10 years.

Authorities discovered more than 91,000 plants in the marijuana grow. The defendants had torn out trees and underbrush to develop several pods of plants, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a news release, and used more than 500 pounds of illegal pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer and rodent-killing chemicals for the operation. Damage to the area along the Wildcat Creek was estimated at $97,000.

Law enforcement also found an Uzi and two pistols at the operation's campsite, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

The investigation involved several Wallowa County, Union County, state and federal agencies.

-- The Oregonian

Last edited by crossfireoops; 12/30/13.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Figueroa-Montes, an undocumented immigrant, also faces possible deportation after he completes his sentence.

......Jesus wept.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Perhaps if agencies such as the Arizona Land Department and Bureau of Land Management in particular, would cease fencing and locking out the public's access to their own land, a vigilant public could scope out "DEPREDATIONS" before they get going! Every year, thousands of Arizona citizens purchase Arizona land use permits to legally access State l madands. Every year, I witness the fencing and locking of increasing sectors of Arizona land from public use. What the he11 is going on?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CoupdeGrace
Perhaps if agencies such as the Arizona Land Department and Bureau of Land Management in particular, would cease fencing and locking out the public's access to their own land, a vigilant public could scope out "DEPREDATIONS" before they get going! Every year, thousands of Arizona citizens purchase Arizona land use permits to legally access State l madands. Every year, I witness the fencing and locking of increasing sectors of Arizona land from public use. What the he11 is going on?
h
I have never bought one of those permits to access state land. As long as you have a valid hunting license, it isn't needed.
Long time ago, i called the state BLM about those restricted access signs popping up in the desert around aquila, quartzite, and so on. Was told all i needed was the hunting license. The idea behind the signs was to prevent californicators from crossing the river and tearing up the desert with their a.t.v.'s.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I am talking about LOCKING gates. All over Southern Arizona there are gates, but few are locked. When I purchase a State Land Permit, I expect access to the land. There is no key provided. If you have a hunting license, you cannot just walk around the gate and expect to be in compliance with the law. I have a hunting permit too and I am offended that land available 2 months ago on State Land is now locked off for ANY legitimate use. Only drug and human traffickers will venture on it. I will post pics of what I am talking about and the accompanying signage to prove my point.

Last edited by CoupdeGrace; 12/30/13. Reason: spelling
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Here in SW Oregon, THIS "vigilant public" has turned in lots of these grows, and nothings happened.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are not even "allowed" to carry guns in our own state parks here in Kansas. I know...I know, I should get right on that. Our "rails to trails" program that consists of abandoned railway right of ways that I understood, were supposed to revert to the landowners contiguous to them but instead are being used for walking trails, are under the auspices of state parks. Thus, you cannot carry either concealed or open, permitted on no, on the walking trails. I would argue that due to both wild animals and two-legged ones, the walking trails have the potential to be some of the most dangerous places around here. Yet one cannot legally carry on them and the state also charges you to use them. Indeed, government properties.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This 'Transportation Plan' that's oozing slimily forward, like some sorta' science fiction, "Blob" gets little, or no media play, other than support from the Lib.-Soc. side of the trough.

I've attended a couple of those meetings,....and let me tell you, EVERYBODY that gives any kinda' FRA should, as well.

Poorly advertised, and held at/on the MOST inconvenient dates / times possible is a way to garner "Public comment" crazy ?

Bad situation we're in here.

GTC

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I lament your situation. Too bad that concerned citizens before you failed to fix the problem before it could be fixed into legal system. Now, a precedent has been set and future residents will have to decide whether to carry concealed and protect themselves in defiance of the law or face the predators unarmed.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
When I purchase a State Land Permit, I expect access to the land.
??? Never heard of such a thing.. Good Lord! Just WHY does anyone have to 'buy a permit' to walk on state-owned land??? I'd tell the legislature to GFT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I lament your situation. Too bad that concerned citizens before you failed to fix the problem before it could be fixed into legal system. Now, a precedent has been set and future residents will have to decide whether to carry concealed and protect themselves in defiance of the law or face the predators unarmed.
That is exactly right and the "officials" are extremely arrogant. I have no problems doing things myself, and have tried but sometimes you talk to people and nobody wants to do anything in your assistance and so you go it alone. You know how that usually works out.

Imagine if George Zimmerman had no concealed carry permit for himself and his Kel Tec.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
??? Never heard of such a thing.. Good Lord! Just WHY does anyone have to 'buy a permit' to walk on state-owned land??? I'd tell the legislature to GFT...

And WHAT would you tell the Armored / Tactically tricked out, 'BLM SWAT Team' that puts you at gunpoint on one of these State trails ?

THAT is what's going on here,.....ya' know.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
'...government by the people...' We ARE the government, but just try to control your share and see what happens.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Dang...they found my turkey food plot...turkey's love MJ.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Redneck

And WHAT would you tell the Armored / Tactically tricked out, 'BLM SWAT Team' that puts you at gunpoint on one of these State trails ?
LMAO... That sounds like our state's DNR... And I'd tell 'em the same thing...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
When I come across state land that is locked I have a master key. Bought it at Home Depot, some of you may call it a bolt cutter. Ranchers who have leases on state land do have the right to lock the gate if they can prove damage to their livestock, however it must then be posted in compliance with the posting laws found in the AZ hunt & fish regs. Have used my master key many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Have never been confronted by a "BLM Swat Team" on state trust land. Not sure they even patrol state land.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
USFS lands should be considered public property and not govt property.

I can understand putting the label of govt property on land that is and should be restricted ... Military bases and the like ... but NOT FORESTS. One of my pet peeves is restricting public access to public lands. WE OWN IT.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Everything belongs to the gov't including you (income tax) and your supposedly "private" property... Just try not paying property taxes & see what happens.

Nanny state indeed.

We get the government we deserve, but I am sure that in 14 when Reps take back both houses of Congress's everything will be ok crazy .

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

463 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,332
Posts18,526,707
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.