Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by rem141r
snowden was not at the level that this guy was. snowden was a lower level analyst who did not have the whole picture. this stuff is very compartmentalized. snowden is a traitor and should be punished for the level of information he leaked and the people he leaked it to.
Bullsheit!!! Snowden is the biggest patriot we've seen in years. He didn't leak anything that would harm a single agent, and he hasn't asked for anything but the restoration of our God given RIGHT To privacy!

Whistleblowers are ALWAYS punished by the government, always. THEY have forced a situation where you HAVE to go to the press.

You people who support the wire tapping are the enemy.

I don't think we have any idea what the Russians were given or what they took from Snowden. Snowden can't be honest in regards to what the Russian got from him.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Spare me your hyperbolic melodrama,sport. He's a traitor who violated the laws he swore an oath to uphold.

There were other remedies he could have utilized. He chose his path and now he's scrambling. He's toast.

Umm, I don't think he had to swear to uphold many laws as a contractor working for Booz Allen Hamilton. I'm curious what other avenues he realistically had, since Senators Mark Udall and Ron Wyden couldn't even say anything publicly and even had the head of the NSA lie to their faces about the NSA's activity in front of a Congressional Committee.

And as a lawyer, what's your take on the legality of the FISA court the NSA works these programs under? A court with only one side allowed to know anything or to argue for it seems to me to be something a defense lawyer should be a bit troubled about..

Don't know if he did it to be a patriot, to sell out the country, to get his 15 minutes of fame or for some other reason. What I am happy about is that this information about investigations into American citizens has become public.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spare me your hyperbolic melodrama,sport. He's a traitor who violated the laws he swore an oath to uphold.

There were other remedies he could have utilized. He chose his path and now he's scrambling. He's toast.
What other avenues, you know good and well the govt would have squashed him like a bug. Look at how pissed they are now. And it's not like you can trust Congress with this, they all think thi chit is a good idea. He 110% did the right thing. Had he gone anywhere else, it wouldn't have been addressed, but his life would be a worse hell than it is now. Think it through.

And NONE of this has anything to do with terrorism. This is about taking a huge step toward an authoritarian government. Stop and think for a moment, we have lost our right to privacy...aren't you concerned about that?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Umm, I don't think he had to swear to uphold many laws as a contractor working for Booz Allen Hamilton.
=========

Well, I'd agree with you were I not afraid we'd then both be dead wrong.

Really,man? He swore no oath?

So many bright men here so content with [bleep] guesses.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder what kinda oath the honchos at NSA took right before they wiped their ass with the Constitution. Well, at least they're probably not narcissists. That would really be awful.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by RufusG
Wonder what kinda oath the honchos at NSA took right before they wiped their ass with the Constitution. Well, at least they're probably not narcissists. That would really be awful.

=========

I'm not saying your point isn't valid,Rufus. I'm saying a high school drop-out doesn't get to decide what's best for me and my country.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by rem141r
snowden was not at the level that this guy was. snowden was a lower level analyst who did not have the whole picture. this stuff is very compartmentalized. snowden is a traitor and should be punished for the level of information he leaked and the people he leaked it to.
Bullsheit!!! Snowden is the biggest patriot we've seen in years. He didn't leak anything that would harm a single agent, and he hasn't asked for anything but the restoration of our God given RIGHT To privacy!

Whistleblowers are ALWAYS punished by the government, always. THEY have forced a situation where you HAVE to go to the press.

You people who support the wire tapping are the enemy.

I don't think we have any idea what the Russians were given or what they took from Snowden. Snowden can't be honest in regards to what the Russian got from him.
I can guarenas-freaking-tee you they have nothing anywhere near as bad as our loss of privacy. Quit worrying about the government (I thought you guys didn't like govt), and think about the REAL FREAKING ISSUE. They record EVERYTHING we say on a phone, every click of a mouse, and anything they can collect electronically. How is this even remotely constitutional?

So I don't give a rats arse what government secrets Russia may have, I'm not interested in protecting THAT kind of Government!

Last edited by KevinGibson; 12/30/13.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
My off the cuff observation is that the closer one lives to D.C. the more one cares either way.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Umm, I don't think he had to swear to uphold many laws as a contractor working for Booz Allen Hamilton.
=========

I never had to swear an oath when doing computer consulting for the gov't... Sign contracts and NDA's and papers attesting to the fact that I knew the penalties for violating laws, but never had to swear an oath. Now, when I signed up for the military I swore an oath. Just going off of personal experience.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Fair enough. My observation is principles aren't demographic.

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

=========

I'm not saying your point isn't valid,Rufus. I'm saying a high school drop-out doesn't get to decide what's best for me and my country.
I think it's sad it took a young high school dropout to figure out how wrong the govt is. As best as I can see it, he's the only one involved who took any oath to uphold the constitution seriously. I hope he gets the Nobel Prize, and I hope Obama, and every other POS in congress that signed off on this goes to ass rape prison!!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
My off the cuff observation is that the closer one lives to D.C. the more one cares either way.

it seems that way...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I think it's sad that bright men profess such sophomoric accolades for societal flunkies.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
=========

I never had to swear an oath when doing computer consulting for the gov't... Sign contracts and NDA's and papers attesting to the fact that I knew the penalties for violating laws, but never had to swear an oath. Now, when I signed up for the military I swore an oath. Just going off of personal experience.
From a legal standpoint, is there any real difference between an oath and an NDA? And if he uncovered evidence of a murder, does an NDA or oath absolve him from not disclosing such a thing?

We need to get this government back under control or we're headed for a really rough time.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Strange these oaths. It seems our duly elected constitutional oversight committee called congress can't even find out what happened in Benghazi because of those oaths.

I guess since members of our armed forces take an oath they should obey orders of their commander in chief when told to fire on American criticizes when they resist having their arms confiscated as the LAW will someday require we do.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's sad that bright men profess such sophomoric accolades for societal flunkies.
I think it's sad that a responsible gentleman such as you can't discern violations of basic human rights. And you know good and well there was no other avenue to pursue.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tom Drake was a big govt wheel with lots of connections. Had Snowden taken that map he'd have already taken a dirt nap.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

=========

Isaac,
I suspect you are a good guy, although I sometimes sense a bit of uppity from you. Abe Lincoln had less that 12 months of formal education and the list is long my friend so I wouldn't go there.

Last edited by kend; 12/30/13.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Societal flunky?? Because he had a GED and didn't finish a college degree? He was making a 6 figure salary despite that, SO HOW THE H@@@ DOES THAT MAKE HIM A SOCIETAL FLUNKY????

Is that your opinion of all the campfire members without college degrees?

PS: I like and respect you tremendously, but I think you need to backtrack here a lot.

Last edited by Calhoun; 12/30/13.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So now a liberal justice decides its ok for .gov to violate our fourth and the case will go to the SC, lets guess which way the real .gov liberal, atheists, and zero ball washers go.

I'll bet it will not be with the precepts of the constitution or with the idea that .gov be subservient to the people.

Last edited by eyeball; 12/30/13.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,064
Posts18,521,473
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.