Hop To
#8412335 12/30/13
W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
You guys just showed the door to one of the very few remaining good guys in college football. Will you regret this or has the money decided its time to go dirty and attempt to hang with the devil from Alabama?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had the same question in mind and I hope the University sticks to the principles Mack Brown instilled into the football program.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I don't get it. All the guy did was win 75% of his games, graduate his kids and oh yeah... no scandals.

College football is going down the same drain the nfl flushed years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everybody's been screaming for him to get fired all fall. And now that he's gone there are folks buying billboards on I-35 talking about how great he is. They should make up their minds.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let's hope the next guy wins 156 games in 16 years. PURE CLASS THIS GUY IS! powdr

IC B2

W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
The man is a class act. Too bad the blinders are on in Austin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All the guy did was win 75% of his games,

I don't have a dog in this fight at all, but when I was a school kid in Virginia, 75% was a D-. A grade that I often attained, but was not especially proud of.

Never understood why pitchers in baseball are highly thought of when they only win about 25% of the time either.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/31/13.

1Minute
W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Show me other college coaches over a 15 year period that top that. Cheats and devils not included..... Please show graduation rates and scandals as well.

W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
To keep your charts honest, only include teams top 25 teams.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Be honest.....he'll never be Darrell Royal!!

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When they started the Longhorn network, I became disinterested, I mean here is our hometown team and you couldn't even watch them. Money grubbin bastids. Now it is easier because AT&T and time Warner carry it with out added fees. But I would rather watch Johnny football now.

Then you take a look at some of the players they passed up, why. Politics and money perhaps. It is often said that Texas has the most money, best of this and that and blah blah blah. It seems to me they have the best good ol'boy network, but hell I see that in middle school already. They learned it somewhere I guess.

I don't know what you guys mean by Alabama's or other schools problems. But I don't think ut's player are angels either. I wonder what happened down in San Antonio to that sexual assault case......

Here is a story, I don't remember all the details but here it goes.

When Texas fired Diaz?, the defensive coordinator, the decision was made that same day to retire Mac. I guess old Mac and Sabin are buds from way back. I was told Mac held out until Sabin got his deal, once he did, Mac announced his retirement. Same day. I don't know if its true. Another little tidbit is old Sabin bought a house in or real close to Mac's house.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I worked on Mack's house awhile back - big remodel. Mack is a great guy and richer than dog poop. He will be O.K., somehow.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Last edited by JGRaider; 12/31/13.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There are a great many college programs in the country who would do well to hire Mack.

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd put him at Tennessee. He'd have that program contending for a national championship again.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its a POS liberal college in a liberal town.

What else would one expect.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Show me other college coaches over a 15 year period that top that. Cheats and devils not included..... Please show graduation rates and scandals as well.

[Linked Image]

Texas Sucks.!

Yes, I'm full aware of the Ass-kicking OU is fixing to receive on Thursday...

cry

IMO, what got Mack fired was the poor choice at QB over the last few years.

Texas should be able to field one of the TOP QB's every year as big as the talent pool is in Texas..

Mack got a raw deal, even though I hate Texas, he seemed like a "Good" coach...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey Deerwhacker.....check out OU's graduation rates on those links I provided.

I like Stoops though, for some reason.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Hey Deerwhacker.....check out OU's graduation rates on those links I provided.

It's because the Academics at OU are so Stingent...

grin

I bet Mack will take a year off and then fall right into another Big program.

Would like to see Mack at Nebraska...after Pelini screws the pooch for another year...

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
What has mack done for tu? 2 big 12 championships? 1 national championship? He has done the least with the most in the country the whole time he has been at tu! Teasips were wanting to fire him before vy bailed him out. The team has had scandal after scandal; theives, druggies, sex and just plain being dumb asses! Missed great players left and right and kept mediocre players that he patted on the butt too much. I wish they would have kept him for a few more years! Good guy; yes, great coach......no!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wyoelk
You guys just showed the door to one of the very few remaining good guys in college football. Will you regret this or has the money decided its time to go dirty and attempt to hang with the devil from Alabama?

Yak..yak..yak..yak....If you really want to hate Nick Sabin with all the big boys you'll have to take a number and wait. There's a long line ahead of you. But before you do how about detailing some of that dirt you're talking about. No BCS school is without issues the administration and/or athletic department cannot control. There will always be a bag man on the perimeter looking to expand his influence, power and bank account. The big questions are when will it be discovered and how will it be handled. So far Coach Sabin has handled any and all issues in a timely and professional manner. Rave on cry baby.

edit: Roll Tide Roll

Last edited by shootem; 12/31/13.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,955
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.