Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MZ5
Originally Posted by 4th_point
(W)hen we say that the 3-15x42 is made in the HD plant, everyone assumes it has HD glass.

That's an extremely foolish assumption, as far as I'm concerned. Assembly plants can mix and match parts and meet various specs at will, or else they're not very useful as contract manufacturers/assemblers.

I'll buy your argument. Let's say "some", as the HD thing seems to get brought up often wink Must not having anything else better to do, huh? grin

Still waiting on you to provide the details from SWFA, not your assumptions on mixed parts. Or are we just going to continue to go back and forth with this endless debate and no relevant info from you? crazy

Prove me wrong. Spill the beans MZ5 grin

Last edited by 4th_point; 01/01/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Backroads
One actual owner/user being told they don't know anything, by some folks that actually don't know anything.
Classic.
Next thing you know, everyone's Swaro binos will be fogged up too.

I'm actually going to try a SS 10x mil/mil..

Crazy, huh?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Don't do it!

You will end up like me, replacing everything you own with these horrible "Tasco" scopes.

J.A.F.O.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get rid of my FFII's?

No freaking way.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Backroads
One actual owner/user being told they don't know anything, by some folks that actually don't know anything.
Classic.
Next thing you know, everyone's Swaro binos will be fogged up too.

Like Mule Deer said.....

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
If Eremicus would shoot a wider variety of scopes a lot, he might actually have something to report on."...

Even with the little smiley face at the end, that statement is about as full of BS as Eremicus's focus-posts.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You ladies have fun figuring out where they were made.... I'm going to go figure out how this thing likes to ride on the Plastikka... laugh

[Linked Image]

Tanner

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
OH, I didn't know that is what you had. In that case of course you wont be replacing scopes, but I bet your new scopes will all wear a SS badge.

J.A.F.O.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
My Tikka's both (soon to be 3) love these scopes.

Well maybe they don't, but I do.

J.A.F.O.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see you're following Boxer/Big Stick's lead again which is probably a good thing. He just bought 6 SWFA SS's to replace a bunch a Leupold's for some good ol R&D.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used SS scopes for a few years now... I way prefer the 3-9s to any of the fixed powers.

Tanner

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Tanner
I've used SS scopes for a few years now... I way prefer the 3-9s to any of the fixed powers.

Tanner

I prefer the 3-9 to the fixed powers as well, though I haven't been around a 10x HD.

I don't give a flying rat's ass where they are made.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tanner
You ladies have fun figuring out where they were made.... I'm going to go figure out how this thing likes to ride on the Plastikka... laugh

[Linked Image]

Tanner

Tanner,

I thought you was using the DNZ on the Finnish Tikkler, or is that a different SL?

BTW, how's the 7RM T3 working for you?

Jason

EDIT - after looking at that pic it looks like the scope would hit the back of the DNZ.

My buddy has his standard T3 Lite 7RM sorted out with his scope, we hope. Long story with a VX-II. I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots with handloads and new optic.

J

Last edited by 4th_point; 01/01/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Like Mule Deer said.....

If Eremicus would shoot a wider variety of scopes a lot, he might actually have something to report on."...

Even with the little smiley face at the end, that statement is about as full of BS as Eremicus's focus-posts.

*LOL*

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

I'm actually going to try a SS 10x mil/mil..

Crazy, huh?

I bet you will like it. I really like the 3-9, and am saving up for a 3-15.
The mil-quad reticle kicks ass.

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Still waiting on you to provide the details from SWFA,
Prove me wrong. Spill the beans MZ5 grin

Re-read post #8414868 (one of mine) in this thread. I told you then and I'll say again:
I can only tell you what Kenko put on my scope.
As a hint: I'm confident Kenko put it there because it's their QC marker, with their name and location.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Earlier question...

Is the SS 10HD $400.00 better than the 10? It was for me. It tracked better than me using it for dot drills. The classic series are great for durability but I have only bought the 3-9, 10HD and the 5-20.

I sold the 10 HD to fund an SS 5-20x50 (Illuminated). Optics Talk has so many responses on the SS line that I recommend scouting around over there.

I am a fan of the SS higher line for sure. Never had any issue but if one did, SWFA would take care of it, I am certain.

Cameraland, SWFA and occasionally Euro Optic are the only people I buy from other than gun nuts from here, OT, LRH and the Hide.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Still opening Mail.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just poked it on a NEF 22LR that shoots fair to middlin'. Only 36.5 Mils total ele travel,which is slighter than the 6x's latitude...though 10 Mils in the glass pads things a bit. Should be able to get out to 75 or 80yds.

Thinkin' I'll throw another 6x that's s'posed to be here somewhere,aboard a Beeg Krunchenticker and see WTF.

[Linked Image]

Finally gots me one of them fixed Roopold 6x's,to see WTF the fuss is all about and just slammed it aboard a rifle that was in the mail too. 8x57 J on a Kar98,but wished I coulda afforded the "S".

[Linked Image]

Hopin' it'll stay sub 3.5MOA at 100.

Laffin'!

Still cain't find my bulk order of UV Yarn,for Chrome Dredging Pursuits...and might just haveta quiz the Cook in the AM,to get a location on same. UglyStik,Danielson mono and a Tokushima Coffee Grinder(nothing but the best),to be unleashed in the pre-dawn morn'.

F&S says R&D is fun and they certainly don't miss much.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A leetle more R&D in the books...Castin' & Blastin' today.

[Linked Image]

A 50yd zero,granted 23.1 Mils remaining erector travel,ala 25MOA extended DIP 1913. Sister had the hot hand and sluiced a coffee cup at the 550yd line,while chasing some wind. 20Mils on the erector,the balance on the reticle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After running up and down the total erector travel scale,dozens of times(burned only .2MIL windage,from mechanical center,to establish zero)...it printed back to where it started.

[Linked Image]

Initial impressions are more than positive,though I'm craving a 50MOA extended 1913 rail,so as to eek more goody.

This NEF seems to shoot.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Pretty decent NEF and looks like the glass works too. are you shooting rem thunderbolts?

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by passport
Looks like it got everything but zero stop AND ILLUMINATION

fixed

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (222ND, 270wsmnutt, 25aught6, 10Glocks, 160user, 257Bob, 63 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,466
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.