Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
It's here. Jan. 1, 2014. Today marks the inception of the Affordable Care Act, a big step in America's history along the lines of Social Security. Did Social Security go off without a hitch back in 1937? Doubtful. People are starting to sign up. My rates, without assistance, went down. Some benefits are slightly better. They've reorganized into networks and it's more like an HMO, but I hope not to require much medical care until Medicare kicks in a good while away if I keep my health at about the same level. Looks like I will have to change docs to get one on the approved list. In the scheme of things, that's doable and I've already been prospecting for a new one. My current one isn't the best I've had to begin with.

So, there you go, people with preexisting conditions, people whose COBRA has run out, and people who work in places without insurance and have less than perfect medical records can BUY health insurance. Even at the market rate, it's better than the cost of what someone could be hit with going without.

It's been lonely without you guys. Cheer up. I'm still lurking.

Sarahcuda in 2016 my arse.

Last edited by LetsGetReal; 01/01/14.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I claim alien (non-citizen) then I still don't pay.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Hey, don't knock it folks, as it might benefit some rednecks. It would be great if those who were Obamacame bashers aren't allowed to sign up for it, but America is a "kinder, gentler nation." You know, those folks should be made to "walk the walk."

Hee-haw.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LetsGetReal
It's here. Jan. 1, 2014. Today marks the inception of the Affordable Care Act, a big step in America's history along the lines of Social Security. Did Social Security go off without a hitch back in 1937? Doubtful. People are starting to sign up. My rates, without assistance, went down. Some benefits are slightly better. They've reorganized into networks and it's more like an HMO, but I hope not to require much medical care until Medicare kicks in a good while away if I keep my health at about the same level. Looks like I will have to change docs to get one on the approved list. In the scheme of things, that's doable and I've already been prospecting for a new one. My current one isn't the best I've had to begin with.

So, there you go, people with preexisting conditions, people whose COBRA has run out, and people who work in places without insurance and have less than perfect medical records can BUY health insurance. Even at the market rate, it's better than the cost of what someone could be hit with going without.

It's been lonely without you guys. Cheer up. I'm still lurking.

Sarahcuda in 2016 my arse.

1. The 37 page Social Security Act signed August 14, 1935 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt

2. ObamaCare is Dead and it ain�t coming back. It cannot be fixed.
Tentative funeral are scheduled for January 2015.

By Greg Scandlen
December 27, 2013

It has become much, much worse than I ever imagined. Obamacare is not even fully in effect yet and already we are seeing the President playing with the carriers like a toddler plays with toy trucks �

Employers will be mandated to buy your policies for 2014
(Oops, employers are angry)

Employers won�t be mandated until 2015 � if then
Small employers will give workers a choice of health plans through the SHOP program in 2014
(Oops, we can�t get the web site ready in time)

Small employers won�t have to offer a choice of plan until � sometime later
You must cancel these individual policies
(Oops, public backlash)

You must reinstate these policies
(Oops, many insurance commissioners won�t allow it)

You must continue to cover providers and drugs even for
(Oops, web site problems)

The deadline for enrollment will be December 23, 2013
(Oops, too much traffic)

The deadline for enrollment will be December 24, 2013
Never mind, there is no deadline

First month�s premium must be received by December 31, 2013
(Oops, back-end problems with the web site)

First month�s premium must be received by January 8, 2014
Make that January 10, 2014

How can anyone run a business this way? This is worse than being a federal agency. No federal agency would be expected to stop and start on a personal whim like this. These aren�t rules, they aren�t regulations, they are dictates based on nothing more than Kathleen Sebelius� momentary feelings.
These are only the �glitches� that have been made public. God knows what orders and threats are being issued in closed-door meetings.

How long will the insurance industry abide being treated like shoe shine boys?
Mr.Obama will not be in office forever. His regime is already coming to an end.
What will these companies do then? He will no longer be around to grant or withhold bailout (�risk corridor�) money. No other president, Democrat or Republican, will ever be as arrogant or irrational.
It is well past time for the industry, supposed Titans of Wall Street, to grow some spine and start thinking about the best interests of their customers and shareholders
2013 Forbes.com LLC� All Rights Reserved
www.forbes.com/‎

3. Palin's New Year's Resolution: Make 'Gov't As Irrelevant as Possible'

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1minute, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.