Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by pick
The issue is containment in Japan. Really quite simple. Back when I was in the Navy I was a Reactor Operator in the Nuclear program. So I do know first hand a thing or two about this stuff.

The situation at the reactor site in Japan is serious but well in hand. It will be 20 to 30 years 'cleaning' that place up, but honestly beyond the reactor site with the current conditions it is very difficult to even measure radiation 'leakage' from the plant beyond background levels and normal fluctuations in it.

So why aren't we just seeing the people starting to rebuild and move back in if its so in control?

Because ignorant "Chicken Little" environmentalists and a compliant "news" media keep uncertain people's bowels in an emotional up-roar - it's liberal's shock stock in trade in Japan, same as here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
.....The West Coast of the United States is being fried. It�s being fried by over-fishing, agricultural run-off, runaway development, and a host of other issues, but it�s not being fried by [bleep], and articles that promote that fallacious argument are distracting us from the dominant causes of environmental degradation on our coasts: Us.

There ya go. Nobody seems to be concerned about the elephant in the room (partially thanks to distractions such as this). And it's not just the coast.....

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cra1948
So I guess we can forget about everybody in California going sterile, huh?

there is a down side to even good news

..pick..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by pick
The issue is containment in Japan. Really quite simple. Back when I was in the Navy I was a Reactor Operator in the Nuclear program. So I do know first hand a thing or two about this stuff.

The situation at the reactor site in Japan is serious but well in hand. It will be 20 to 30 years 'cleaning' that place up, but honestly beyond the reactor site with the current conditions it is very difficult to even measure radiation 'leakage' from the plant beyond background levels and normal fluctuations in it.

So why aren't we just seeing the people starting to rebuild and move back in if its so in control?

Because they believe what is not really true and do not check things out for themselves either.

..pick..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The situation at the reactor site in Japan is serious but well in hand.

So, if am I reading this right, you've visited the "Site", and have personally verified the above ?

Is that the case ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/03/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.