Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Not sure if this may be old news
Happened to be checking around and found out this below.
Sleeping Indian design Wool
Both numbers disconnected no longer in service.

Mar 1, 2013 - Not sure if this has been posted, could not find prior post. Sleeping Indian Wool is shutting their doors due to the passing of Ted Ranck.

About the only other High quality wool clothing - KOM King of the Mountain
KOM Wool

Wasn't sure if people were aware of this -
thought it would be interesting to know.

Last edited by badaboom; 08/19/13.

Lifetime NRA MEMBER
Honorable - Disabled Veteran USAF SGT E5
Tradition, Preservation, People, Improvement
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the horizon
Georgia, DC, Germany, Colorado, California, Alaska, South Dakota

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sad

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
500.00 for a pair of pants, YGTBFKM

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Darn

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They priced themselves out of business .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No. Those prices are from the KOM site listed above.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Check out their "standmaster jacket". 900.0+

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Spoken like a true southerner. wink

Wear a set in a tree stand for 4-6 hours at negative temps and get back to us on that YGTBFKM part.

I really thought some entrepreneur would have bought this business out from the guys estate.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bbassi. I live in Pa it gets plenty cold here ive never been that cold on standhell ive stood in water with ice forming up around my waders and i still wasnt cold enough to spend a grand on a coat

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Looks like somebody woke up.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
lol. I agree the prices were too high. That's why mine were second hand. They are the best on the market though IMO. I actually get to wear mine about once every 2 years up here. The rest of the time my Columbia range wool is plenty.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi

Spoken like a true southerner. wink

Wear a set in a tree stand for 4-6 hours at negative temps and get back to us on that YGTBFKM part.

I really thought some entrepreneur would have bought this business out from the guys estate.

Why does it cost so much to keep yankees warm? I recollect from days in the military we all kept warm in the same uniform outfit... and there weren't no $500 trousers.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ted co-founded KOM with Ted Ranck. Ted had a different opinion with business decisions, left and started Sleeping Indian.
He had a hard time getting the high quality wool he demanded and had some worn out equipment. He had no shortage of orders so his price point was reachable by many. Same with KOM. I've had my set over 20 years, haven't gained weight and will never wear it out. Didn't know he was ill. Too bad. RIP.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 08/19/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Ted co-founded KOM with Ted Ranck King Cavalier. Ted had a different opinion with business decisions, left and started Sleeping Indian.
He had a hard time getting the high quality wool he demanded and had some worn out equipment. He had no shortage of orders so his price point was reachable by many. Same with KOM. I've had my set over 20 years, haven't gained weight and will never wear it out. Didn't know he was ill. Too bad. RIP.

Corrected your post......I think that was waht you really meant.

Ted was a very nice guy..........did a few special things for me & I'm sorry he's gone. He was very close to a couple of friends of mine as well.

IMO, Ted's stuff was better than KOM, which I have a bunch of too, because it seemed to have a harder finish.

RIP Ted Ranck

MM

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have had both, for years, very good stuff, and bought a a winter hat and a pair of pants at a SCI auction, out grew the pants but still use the hat, and still use my KOM light & heavey set, most bought sec, hand tho! cant beat good wool! sorry that sleeping Indian is know more.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
L
L
I am looking to buy Sleeping Indian wool camo clothing in both brown and grey.

Specifically I am looking for Mountain Hunter Extreme Parka in both Brown and Grey Camo XL.

Also Outfitter jacket in Brown Camo XL.

Finally, other Sleeping Indian accessories in both Brown and Grey Camo.

Thank you.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

IMO, Ted's stuff was better than KOM, which I have a bunch of too, because it seemed to have a harder finish.

MM

Agreed. Got both here.

I DID get tired of excess baggage charges schlepping either one thru airports to Canada....both heavy.

I cant find temps cold enough to use it for New England hunting. Used nothing but the SI shirt for most stuff here.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had both IMO, SI is better, especially in the windproof department.

I have a SI territory jacket, with the suplex windproof lining. I wore it last season on a late season (Dec) elk hunt in Co.

Guide and I ended up at a high mtn meadow at first light (9950ft). It was freaking cold and the wind was howling. I was warm and never felt the wind....can't say the same for the guide !!!

After the elk passed and there were no shooters, he kept making hints about climbing back down. I said, nah, I busted my azz climbing up here, let's hang for a while and have a cup of joe before we split !!!

Awesome scenary, about the highest I had ever hunted. I enjoyed it because I was warm.

[Linked Image]

I had a similar KOM jacket with their windproof lining...I sold it to buy the SI jacket.

Enough said...

Tony

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Montana Man for correcting my post with Ted's name used twice. I would think that some entrepreneur would recognize the void in the high end camo wool market and attempt to pickup the remnants of SI. Its certainly specialty clothing and expensive, but when you need it there is none finer. My set has lasted 23 years now and is still going strong.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everything is expensive in Jackson Hole! Great wool, I toured the operation a long time ago. I once lost a pair of sleeping Indian pants in a poker game at deer camp.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.