Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd like to see one exactly the same as Mark Bansner's.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I would be really happy to see something resembling the Kimber Montana or KS stock, but available for more actions.
The 3 major criteria:
1: A slender stock design.
2. A high combed stock with negative drop in the comb.
3. Rounded under the action area, for ease of one handed carry.

Yep.....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Gasman
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'd like something for a M70 FW along the lines of the Compact Edge but with a slightly longer fore end and a higher,straighter comb.Cheek piece would be nice. grin

Slim grip circumference yet slender through the mag box for easy carry,which the Compact is good at.

Yes I want the stock to handle BM... smile

Make it simple - just bring back the G&H.

gasman: Nice, but grip is a smidge too tight...in both 300 and 338 mag it slammed the trigger guard into my little ol' hand cry unless I gripped it like an animal.

Now funny thing is I had a G&H rifle chambered 338 and the grip was a hair more open....no issue.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
How about a KS Edge designed to hold a short action? Nothing would be more 24HourCampfire like than a KS stocked 7MM-08:)

I'm with you, I could like it without the cheek hump on the side also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AND available in swirly & camo

IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If McM follows through, would this be a 2014 or a 2015 stock?

Dave

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Modify existing classic with narrower fore end that maxes out at a rem mag sported or #3.

Maybe that ready exists?

Edited to add - would love a small palm swell on the classic too

Last edited by shortmagfan; 01/04/14.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Higher straight comb, with a small cheekpiece. Rounded under the action and slim forend like a MR. Open grip like the Compact.

Basically a 700KS stock, slightly slimmed, and inlet for all action types including Winchester and Kimber.

If Micky would just make an exact copy of the Brown Precision Pounder stock pattern, they'd have everything that we're looking for. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery anyway. Brown has had the ergos perfect for a few decades now. Micky is just too stubborn to admit it IMO.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
McMillan Patterns, including the compact, really suck compared to the Brown.

Not sure what decade the designer of their recent offerings is from, but it's pre-1965.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
something clos to the rimrock stock would be nice

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
How soon after the left hand version hits the streets before the RH version is available?

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Make sure the grip has enough length for four fat fingers. Some stocks seem to think three fingers is enough if you can put the pinky under that pistol grip. It's NOT.

Also pay attention to cast and a wider butt pad for recoil absorption.

Last edited by philthygeezer; 01/06/14.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Greenback
A slimmed down version of the Echols pattern would be great! Minus the faux grip cap thingy.

I would be all over that in short action, with a forend proportioned for an 18-20" barrel.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'd like something for a M70 FW along the lines of the Compact Edge but with a slightly longer fore end and a higher,straighter comb......

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I have some wants, but they may not be shared by others. I'd like a straight comb on the Hunters Edge (Rem 700). I'd also like an inlet for the Kimber Montana. I prefer trim stocks with a less open grip. Small palm swells work...as does checkering.

Originally Posted by Wrongside
A modernized Compact would be awesome! Comb geometry similar to the Kimber Montanas is all I'd ask for. Love all else about the Compact. I'd buy at least two if this came to fruition... smile

Originally Posted by Oregon45
Keep the forend length of the Compact/Hunter's Edge pattern along the open grip, round the magazine area, raise the comb and I'd buy 3-4 providing they can be inlet for Win M70's.

Originally Posted by Brad
Essentially the Hunters Compact with a higher comb and no drop (or negative drop) would work perfectly for me.

Anybody else notice a pattern here?

It's the same thing I'd pick, a better Hunter's Edge pattern. Make the forend 1/2"-3/4" longer for no other reason that now it looks kind of goofy with a 24" barrel, RAISE THE FRIGGIN COMB!!! so those of us who actually put scopes on our rifles can shoot the danged thing, and give it no or a negative drop at heel. No monte carlos or goofy humps, just a nice high, straight comb that carries all the way to the buttpad. Nobody shoots iron sights anymore, and if they do they can take a grinder to the thing or pick one of the 100 other Mcmillan patterns that are perfect for iron sight shooting midgets.

With 1/4" cast off on top and 3/8" on the bottom, and a wide ass for recoil management, I'd be all over that.

Actually the Kimber Montana stock is awesome the way it comes, just too short for me.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I would be really happy to see something resembling the Kimber Montana or KS stock, but available for more actions.
The 3 major criteria:
1: A slender stock design.
2. A high combed stock with negative drop in the comb.
3. Rounded under the action area, for ease of one handed carry.

This is a pretty common theme...and would make a heck of a stock. It wouldn't take many changes to the Hunters Edge for perfection.

I still don't mind a slight palm swell. Something similar to the Sako Hunter, maybe even a little less. It just makes the pad of the finger and trigger come together perfectly in my hands.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd like to see the forend size in line with the Classic to accommodate for #1 to #4.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by noKnees
I know I am a odd man out.. but a LW option that would work on a Ruger would be nice.

+1

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like a Classic with things reworked from the grip to the butt, allowing for a higher/thicker comb and better head placement. A small notch for bolt travel like on the A1-3 would be fine by me.

Regarding smaller patterns, the Compact would be dandy with a bit higher comb.

Now with even more aplomb
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I dig wrap around checkering...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
McMillan can do nothing with all the feedback so far. Everyone has a different opinion...probably why they offer so many stocks.

If they took the forearm from a "classic" and put it on the "Sako Hunter", it would be perfection.

I'd like a Gamescout with a higher comb too.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 54 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.