Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
� The ceviche was good though.

Ceviche � that's that spicy South American sushi, isn't it? Fresh, raw fish?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I may bring the notorious Grace with me.....I believe she has barter business to do with Brother Bart involving a leftie AR

Funny that you say that Steve. I,just today,have gathered up everything I need(minus the purple that's going on the lower but that's gonna happen late next week)to put this thing together.I even threw in a CMC trigger cuz she doesn't want to chip a nail with that crappy,standard AR trigger.
I'll slip you a pic when it's colored up and done.
One thing Steve... Don't tell any of your LSU brethren where you got this thing... I'm busy enough trying to make olive trees grow in southwest Texas... I'm not in the funky colored gun bidness. smile

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My buddy had a live on boat down at San Carlos on the Baja, I'd go down and captain it while they spear fished. We'd make Ceviche as a salsa and eat it on tortilla chips. raw fish, lime juice, jalapeno, tomato, onion, cilantro... good boat food.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

As to Pat needing adult supervision, he ain't the only one. Are you thinking of bringing an adult with you? laugh

I would love to shake your hand, sir! I hope you can make it.

Ed

Yeah I know... Adult supervision may be needed a little more than I can bother with. That's why I might bring my son Brady. At sixteen,he's more mature than any of my friends... Doc Rocket included. grin
And I appreciate the warm invitation. I thought that we'd met before,no ? Hell... I don't remember where I peed last.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by milespatton
� The ceviche was good though.

Ceviche � that's that spicy South American sushi, isn't it? Fresh, raw fish?

It can be made spicy or not, different people prepare it differently, but it is always white fish meat. However there is ceviche de conchas negras (black scallop ceviche) which is of course made with scallops and said to be very afrodisiac.

I made the freshest and lightest version:
fresh sliced and diced fish and key lime juice

You can add
aji limo (a type of peruvian chili pepper)
rocoto (hot hot red bell-sized chili pepper)
red onions
and a side of "choclo" (peruvian corn on the cob)
camote (sweet potato/yam)
The juice is called leche de tigre (tiger's milk) and is made by blending some fish with the key lime juice.
different seafood species can be added octopus, scallops, calamari.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whoa! Didn't mean to jab you in the eye! laugh Just kidding.

Figures Chile would claim pisco. I don't recall having it with Coke while there, just as a sour or neat, but that could have been due to the folks I was around.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll call the shrimp pimp before I head up there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paladin
Whoa! Didn't mean to jab you in the eye! laugh Just kidding.
Figures Chile would claim pisco. I don't recall having it with Coke while there, just as a sour or neat, but that could have been due to the folks I was around.

Evidence suggests they were connoisseurs of the good stuff, most likely peruvian pisco secretly infiltrated in Chile and drank as local... hahaha
despite the animosity between Peru and Chile (from a war 150yrs ago) I have no evil feelings, since my sister is married to a Chilean, lives in Chile. His family prefers peruvian pisco too, and had quite a good time in my wedding, when all the cocktails were pisco based, since my wife is from that region.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This was an awesome magazine ad saying, Chile say goodbye to Pisco.

[Linked Image]
by the way, the first saturday in february is National Pisco Sour day in Peru

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had good ceviche while I was in Chile either. Matter of fact, I think it was ceviche that made me sick the very first night in Iquique. That made the trip to altitude even worse, but that's another story.

The best I can recall was made by a Peruvian fellow I went to school with in east Texas. He made it in the dorm room.

Bought fish in a local store (after going through a lot of trouble to get the right ones) and he did his thing. While the ceviche set "cooking", he took the head, fins, and backbone and made a soup he cooked on a hot plate. Didn't use a lot of stuff in either, but both were as good as I've had anywhere since.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Miles, I remember watching you go rinse the fish with your back to the ocean and thinking.... "hmmm that's unusual...

Like I said, somebody should have warned me. The only other time I have had my feet in the ocean was Easter weekend in 1968, in St. Augustine, Fl. and it was so cold that I only got up to my knees. Four of us drove down from Ft. Gordon, Ga. for the weekend. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a bottle of pisco that a lady from Peru gifted me years ago. The grapes were grown inside the bottle, then the bottle was filled with pisco. Pretty cool looking, but I just keep it around for decoration. She brought me another bottle that I drank, tasted pretty much like moonshine. I'm sure it would have stripped the paint off your car if it were spilled on it. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks to be a very good group signing up Ed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
My buddy had a live on boat down at San Carlos on the Baja, I'd go down and captain it while they spear fished. We'd make Ceviche as a salsa and eat it on tortilla chips. raw fish, lime juice, jalapeno, tomato, onion, cilantro... good boat food.

Kent

Anyone that turns their nose up at ceviche,ain't got the sense God gave a mule. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Anyone that turns their nose up at ceviche ain't got the sense God gave a mule. smile

I have to.

Can't chew (no teeth).

Can't swallow (paralyzed throat).

Mules can generally do all right with both.

(without bein' taught)

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Is Doctor Howell going?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Ed, think your neighbors would mind if we lit up that Mountain Howitzer on your range ?

I was hanging back,sitt'n on the fence,if ya know what I mean...
If GTC brings that giant pea-shooter,I'll figger out a way to be there.
Plus... Pat really needs some adult supervision at times. smile

The ever present dilema while hauling one of those substantial pieces is, "Do I tarp it,...or just let it hang out?"

Talkin' about the GUN,....you dirty minded ruffians ! grin

Loading involves winching from the headache rack to the trail, and the muzzle is accordingly directed due aft during transit.

.....talk about discouraging tailgaters,.....it's a hands down winner, in that regard.

Attracts Highway Patrol types, too,.....and while ALL of my encounters have thus far been friendly, it's kinda' hard to GET anywhere when they're radioing ahead to their Buds, so's THEY can pull you over and check out your cool toy, and get the standard breifing on recreational artillery sports.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Tarp" it with a "dead body." laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Looks to be a very good group signing up Ed.

Exactly what I was thinking. I hope more folks come, too.

I have PM'ed, emailed, and started a thread to Rick Bin to make this a "sticky" so it stays in front of more folks.

Ed

P.S. I also love Ceviche!

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 72 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,462
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.