Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Is Doctor Howell going?

Scott, I wasn't planning to go � couldn't see how I possibly could. (Would hafta start hobbling awful early to make it 1,100 miles!)

If my staying home somehow inveigles you to take part, that's an even better reason for me to stay here and to continue to vegetate.

� You'd add a lot more to the gathering than I would.

� You'd get a lot more from the gathering than I would.

Go!

Have a ball with a wonderful bunch of your kind of folks!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Greg, I really hope you can make it, with or without the Mountain Howitzer.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Originally Posted by Paladin
That wouldn't be the stuff from Chile, would it? Seems I had that a time or two while there and it was pretty good.

Ouch party foul!
No it is not the stuff from Chile.
Pisco is a Peruvian grape brady distilled drink. It is called pisco because it originated in the city of the same name.

Chile has a different liquor that they also call pisco, trying to partake in the fame of the peruvian counterpart. They use different limes to make the drink too, but in Chile pisco is usually drank with Coca-Cola. In peru we drink it on its own, as pisco sour, maracuya (passion-fruit) sour, pisco appletini, etc.
Peru is fighting for the denomination of origin as a matter of fact, but sadly Chile has had better marketing of the product for many years. The actual Pisco sour drink was invented in the Bolivar hotel, in downtown Lima, Peru.
I can offer a dissertation on the subject of Pisco and the diversity of it, just based on the grapes it is done with, but I will save it for the gathering smile
I think there is a better offering of peruvian piscos nowadays, since what was available before wasn't that good. I bring mine from Peru.

Thanks for that!

It's always a delight to learn something from someone who really knows what he's talking about.

If pisco sours were a big thing to me, I'd push you to do a seminar, and I'd be right there in the front row, taking notes.

I used to tell my writers to keep in mind that no matter how much you know about a subject, there's somebody out there who knows something about it that you don't.

"Never was a hoss couldn't be rode � never was a rider couldn't be throwed."

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Sponxx

can you even buy pisco in the US?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Hey Sponxx

I had the same question and used my Google-fu. Looks like the US distributor has several outlets in Dallas, but no where else, according to their website.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a bottle of homemade stuff from around Concepcion, Chile that I brought back several years ago made by some folks who lived on the Rio Biobio and did the winery thing. I'll see if I can find it and bring it down with me.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe someone who gets to Ed's place will turn out to be the Pisco Kid.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Would that be near Bane Lake??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC

Maybe. grin

You get that motorhome tuned up yet?

Ed

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
guess I better get the para 40 out of the safe and see if I remember how to shoot it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Would that be near Bane Lake??

I'm not knowing. I don't recall seeing a lake in that part of the country. On second thought, I don't recall seeing a lake anywhere in Chile. Spent most of my time down there in the Atacama desert, so water was a bit scarce.

I went with a Chilean friend who was from outside Los Angles. Stayed with him and his family for several days. None of them spoke a word of English and my Spanish at the time left much to be desired but we got by.

When we left his house to go see the friends on the river, I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going until we stopped. The Biobio is huge, like in Mississippi river huge, but faster.

An interesting trip, it was.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Maybe. grin
Ed

Yes, the 72 C30 is ready to go, as is the 70 GMC with Alaskan, as is the 72 C30 5th wheel hauler (just needs cosmetics) - been thinking about which would be best to take down to the AZ Roosevelt Lake gathering in late Feb. Hope I can make that one - the life reality reel runs on, and some of it is mind-concentrating right now.

Ed, excellent of you to host this at your place in April, and you are doing a fine job of causing folks to feel welcome.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Hey Sponxx

I had the same question and used my Google-fu. Looks like the US distributor has several outlets in Dallas, but no where else, according to their website.

Ed

All in Dallas seems, will check around see if pisco can be ordered a little closer to me. I'm several hours west of Dallas. Yes only 40 miles or so but heck of a lot of traffic. Then I have to get from Sproxx which brand etc.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
#1 Son lives in Dallas. I'll see if he can't pick some up. He moonlights doing promos for liquor distributors and might know the distributor.

Ed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
#1 Son lives in Dallas. I'll see if he can't pick some up. He moonlights doing promos for liquor distributors and might know the distributor.

Ed

Great deal

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Ed,

How wonderfully gracious of you and your wife to host such an event; I only wish I could attend. Perhaps we 'll cross paths one day soon.

Best,

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going".... .

Folks... David just described himself far better than I can.

grin grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heck Gene, that's how I roll, but it looks like you already knew that!
whistle

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Heck, he can't even make it 23 miles into the bustling Quemado metropolis!

How can anybody expect one of his rigs to make it all the way to east Texas?

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Heck, he can't even make it 23 miles into the bustling Quemado metropolis!
How can anybody expect one of his rigs to make it all the way to east Texas?

If anything would make it, it would be one of these tough 40+ year-old Chevs or GMCs. But these forest roads can be formidable in winter, and I'm really OLD !!

Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.