Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

No way would I ever take a 380 when there are much better choices available. 380 = 9mm short and weak. No other way to slice it.
I'm sure that it's not being marketed to people like you. There are a lot of older women who come into the store whose husbands have finally convinced them that they need to carry a gun. A big 380 is all they can (or want to) handle.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker

No way would I ever take a 380 when there are much better choices available. 380 = 9mm short and weak. No other way to slice it.
I'm sure that it's not being marketed to people like you. There are a lot of older women who come into the store whose husbands have finally convinced them that they need to carry a gun. A big 380 is all they can (or want to) handle.

I agree that for some a 380 or a 32 ACP is about all they can handle and is a logical choice in that situation. My wife is a prime example.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
...it will do well in the Global market..in countries where a it is illegal to own a handgun that fires a military cartridge..such as 9mm.

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
� Leo Tolstoy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For this slightly larger sized .380 the Ruger SR380 has been on the market for awhile now. And for those that want one, it has a thumb safety.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I believe that you mean LC380.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I believe that you mean LC380.

You're right...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They'll sell a ton of them, and you'll still be a [bleep] idiot.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Drop a 32 NAA barrel in it and it would be downright fun. I have big hands and all the mini and slightly mini guns don't fit me well. If it fit, I would like it.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't own a 380, and cannot make a good argument in favor of one. That said, they ARE wildly popular. So are Glocks. Hard to envision a Glock 380 not selling well, despite overall size being larger than some others.

As far as size goes, I've only shot a few 380s along the way, and my favorite by a huge margin was the 'large' Beretta 84, second was the Sig P230.

I'm not really a fan of tiny pistols though. Since I carry in a holster anyway, I just go straight to the Glock 17.

It is kinda big for a .380. I've a little Ruger but I have it because it fits in the bib pocket of overalls. It's small, it's supposed to be. I carry it on my constitutions, not because I'm worried about two legged threats it's dogs. My puppy pistol.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I am still hoping for a single stack 9mm or .40 that will offer an advantage over a 19 or 23 in concealability. In reality if I am taking the time to use a proper holster and cover garment I dont need anything much smaller than the 23.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

+1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I am still hoping for a single stack 9mm or .40 that will offer an advantage over a 19 or 23 in concealability. In reality if I am taking the time to use a proper holster and cover garment I dont need anything much smaller than the 23.

I'm hoping for the same thing, but they'll still sell the .380's like hot cakes. Glock reliability, real sights, less than an inch thick, and under 13oz. A person could go a lot further wrong than that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
They'll sell a ton of them, and you'll still be a [bleep] idiot.

A difference of opinion is fine, and even quite good for forums such as these. But why the name calling? My IQ testing years ago and my carreer's before getting ill proved me to be quite far from an 'idiot' so that part had no effect on me or anyone who knows me and what I have accomplished. Where did that come from here, and more to the point why in a simple opinion piece?

I stand by my OPINION or view that these will be seen as too big for a 380 and not sell too well with so many good smaller 380's like the new Taurus, the P3AT and highly successful LCP.

I agree 100% with other posters who predict MUCH success if this pistol comes out, in this size, in 9mm caliber.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Kel Tec .380 that I call my dog shooter. It's nice and light and small and when loaded with Buffalo Bores it's ok in the performance department.

A couple of years ago we had a shooting here where a jealous husband shot his wife's lover, who was an attorney, with a .380 twice, once in the chest and once in the head at fairly close distance. Result....one dead attorney. That upped my opinion of the round but I only carry it when I don't think I will need it and it's a last minute add. Darn thing is ok in accuracy at about the 7-10 yard line. My EDC is a G27.

Any Glock, especially a new one will sell. Many of the ladies like that caliber and the reliability of a Glock will close the deal. As has been mentioned, a step up to a 9mm in this same format seems possible and probably.

However I wonder how it would compare to the G26/G27 that have that extra 11/10 rounds. Granted it would be thinner and lighter and perhaps that will cause the demand. I keep looking for a CC shooter that is as accurate, has the additional rounds, power, and the reliability of a G27. These mouse guns are fun but it you ever need to hit something at say 20+ yards many of them would be better served to empty the gun and then throw it at the bad guy.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Using your logic a 22 short should be a good self defense round after all people have been killed with them. In fact people have died from BB guns.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redhill

A couple of years ago we had a shooting here where a jealous husband shot his wife's lover, who was an attorney, with a .380 twice, once in the chest and once in the head at fairly close distance. Result....one dead attorney.

It doesn't take much to kill an attorney. They don't fight for a living. They talk for a living.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 01/06/14.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

It doesn't take much to kill an attorney. They don't fight for a living. They talk for a living.

Well, you know what they say about salesmen & lawyers..........if their lips are moving they're lying. laugh

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It won't be a flop - it says Glock on it - but it's certainly not what we wanted.

This "little" glock is bigger than many of the 9mms coming out now. Check out the new little 9 from Remington. It looks sweeeeet. You've also got the shield, the XDs, and several others that are all great.

Glock is a day late and a dollar short. If they brought this pistol to market in 2000, they'd have a winner. Right now, they'll sell some, but only to glock guys. Too many other great options right now.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dryflyelk
Check out the new little 9 from Remington. It looks sweeeeet.
Indeed it does. I'm definitely going to pick one of those up in February. See The Remington Here

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dryflyelk
It won't be a flop - it says Glock on it - but it's certainly not what we wanted.

This "little" glock is bigger than many of the 9mms coming out now. Check out the new little 9 from Remington. It looks sweeeeet. You've also got the shield, the XDs, and several others that are all great.

Glock is a day late and a dollar short. If they brought this pistol to market in 2000, they'd have a winner. Right now, they'll sell some, but only to glock gutys. Too many other great options right now.
the little 9 from remington is 20 oz heavier than a shield or a glock 26. The fact is this new glock sounds about the size of the kahr cm and pm 9 that sOunds like a nice size gun if you ask me.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1234, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,473,018
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.