Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Po' lil' Dick

"The ex-Guns & Ammo Magazine writer fired after penning a column in favor of limited gun control is speaking out, bitterly saying, �I�ve been vanished, disappeared. Now you see him. Now you don�t.�

�Compromise is a bad word these days,� Dick Metcalf, 67, told The New York Times of what he believes is the unyielding, give-no-ground ethos adopted by Second Amendment supporters in the U.S. today. �People think it means giving up your principles.�

Metcalf, a longtime writer on firearms and U.S. gun culture, saw his association with Guns & Ammo terminated in November -- he also had a T.V. show co-produced by the magazine -- after he wrote a column titled, �Let�s Talk Limits: Do certain firearm regulations really constitute infringement?�

Snip-

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Someone predicted he'd seek refuge in the arms of liberals.

Oh yeah, that was me.

Expect him on MSNBC any time now.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
He's the poster child for the 'conservative Yankees' I mention.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're either for it or against it. If you're against it, you're pissing in the face of liberty and I got no use for you.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Someone predicted he'd seek refuge in the arms of liberals.

Oh yeah, that was me.

Expect him on MSNBC any time now.

Travis

You are sharp, Col Travis, crass but sharp. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who is Dick Metcalf?

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
A conservative Yankee...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
He hasn't been vanished, he's been banished. He is no longer welcome. He has to leave, and he does not have the option to return.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kecatt
Who is Dick Metcalf?

One of many dumb [bleep] that has been employed by the hunting/shooting community.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Being defended by Mothers Demand Action should go a long ways in improving his credentials.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Dicky and Zumbo can lick each other's...wounds..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Where is Dick Zumbo from, hummm....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2
�Compromise is a bad word these days,� Dick Metcalf, 67, told The New York Times of what he believes is the unyielding, give-no-ground ethos adopted by Second Amendment supporters in the U.S. today. �People think it means giving up your principles.�

We've been giving ground since the moment the Second Amendment was adopted. The "compromise" part only comes from us, not the gun grabber crowd. How about we demand removal of all the 20,000 unconstitutional gun control laws on the books now and compromise by only removing 10,000 of them?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by SmokeEater2

We've been giving ground since the moment the Second Amendment was adopted. The "compromise" part only comes from us, not the gun grabber crowd. How about we demand removal of all the 20,000 unconstitutional gun control laws on the books now and compromise by only removing 10,000 of them?

+1. And tell us Dick, how do you compromise without giving up your principles?

When someone starts talking compromise with the 2nd you know they are a lib and they just want the gun owners to give.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think I just shed a real tear for him. No, the airs just dry here. grin

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shed a tear. Only because that last jalapeno popper was frigging hot.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Metcalf and Zumbo both got what they deserved. I can't understand how 2 men writing in the industry for so long failed to realize or hold on to the fact that the Gun Grabbers are persistent and patient. They are willing to get their way incrementally. Every "compromise" brings new opportunities for the next "compromise".

They either got to the point where they thought they were bigger than their readers (read that as "smarter") or years in the industry shifted their focus fully toward what angle they were taking next to make a buck in the gun/hunting trade.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They are both enlightened Yankees. You see it with the posts that Lauren makes on here too.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Many here know of John Lachuk. One time when he and I were talking about compromising I suggested we start from the position that every home owner should be required to own a fully automatic .50 BMG and a couple sawed off shotguns and lots of pistols and ammo. The we can compromise and maybe give up one of our pistols but no ammo. He was surprised I am so hard nosed about it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
What ever DID happen to Zumbo? Haven't seen or heard much since he pretended to recant his unwise remarks.

And what about Cooper, who founded Cooper Arms and then gave money to Obama. I had heard he had sold the Cooper Arms company to prevent the rifle loonies from boycotting the firm. Did this really happen?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,502
Posts18,509,209
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.