-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
OP Offline
F
I have an early Browning BAR in .270 Win.
It broke!
I need Action Spring rods.
I have cash and or hunting and fishing gear to trade.
Let me know cuz the wild pigs are running free and my son needs this rifle to keep them in check.
thanks

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Action Spring Guid Bar or Action Rod?

Spring Guid Bar is easy...
Action Rod is gonna be difficult...

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Just a suggestion try Brownell's..

I have bought parts for my BAR from there..

Alan ><>

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You also might try Numerich arms. If he can't get it going I would be happy to give him a hand with them. I'm in Lakeort.

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks guys:
I tried Numrich, N/A. Tried Browning N/A. Midway Same thing, Got a couple of the parts I needed through Mid west gunworks slide, timing latch but cant find the action spring bars or Action Rods anywhere. Brownells same thing. This is the stamped tempered flat rodwith a hole in one end and notches on the other end.
It is listed as part number B3176006 described as Action spring rod there are two pcs R-L they attache to the inertia lug forward and the bolt slide, back.
I also am in need of the buffer bar part # B317606501 Browning informed me today they are backordered. This is the little nylon or delrin part that fits between the two buffer plates on the action rod.
Anywhere I can find them. I have a few weeks to track them down while my barrel and receiver are away at Top Gun getting a new finish. Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
HI

I have the little Buffer bar it is used but it looks to me like it is in good shape... If it will work for you, you can have it..

PM Me your addy and I'll get it in the mail..

I Hope this will help!!!

Alan ><>

Last edited by Cometcat; 01/06/14.
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks Cometcat PM sent

F
OP Offline
F
Coyote268
Thanks I will try him and see what he has to say on the subject and let you know if I still need help.
you guys are awesome I might just get this rifle back up and running.

F
OP Offline
F
I got lucky and got the action bar on eBay for $22.50. Now it's a three week wait to get the barreled action back from top gun and put it all back together. I don't think I would have gotten all the parts rounded up without the friendly help and advice from you folks on here. I will post up some pictures of the re assembly showing the finished rifle. Right now I have to go see a man about a sweet little weatherby .257 magnum.

F
OP Offline
F
Today my barrelled receiver and parts arrived via Fed Ex shipping. The first thing I noticed was the end cap on the shipping tube was missing and the end of the tube covered in packing tape, except for a space about an inch wide. I opened the tube to find my barrelled receiver and nothing else. I called the company that did my new finish hoping they might tell me there is another box of parts coming. No such luck. Everything was packed into the tube just like when I sent it in.
I took a closer look at the barrel and found the muzzle has a huge concrete impact grind right on the tip of the barrel. Looks like the barrel and everything in the tube fell out of the shipping tube hit the concrete muzzle first and the bags of parts fell out and never got picked up and put back in the shipping tube. Many of the parts are obsolete and not available. I guess I will see how the shipping insurance pays out, pretty screwed up day. Needless to say Im not real happy at the moment.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,947
Posts18,519,179
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.