Print Thread
Hop To
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
First up from the FIL's inventory is this Midland bolt action in 30-06. It is made by Parker Hale in England and imported by Jana Denver, CO. I made a bunch of pictures so instead of posting all of them here I will post the link to the photobucket album to view them.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/cheotis/slideshow/midland

This gun is built on a Mauser style action. Controlled round feed, BDL style floorplate with opening button built into the front of the trigger guard. It has iron sights, front still has the hood, the rear sight flips up and down. Receiver is drilled and tapped for scope bases, currently it has filler screws in the holes. Recoil pad is original, has "PH" (Parker Hale) logo on it (see pictures). The gun has sling studs. The front stud is a blind stud that looks to have been epoxied into stock but it was not set flush (see pictures). I pulled the action from the stock and there is no hole in the front barrel channel where it could have been bolted through. The trigger in my opinion is pretty sweet on this gun (much better than my rem 700 with the X Mark pro trigger!). Looking down the barrel the bore is bright with no dark spots and the rifling is crisp and pronounced.

Imperfections: there is a light scuff on the right side of the stock below the action. The grip cap area has some cracking in the clear finish. All the metal looks quite good, there is one small blemish on the underside of the barrel forward of the stock (picture with my finger in it). I have shown all of this in the pictures.

Price is $475 shipped CONUS. If you are in Alaska or Hawaii we can work something out. I am not trying to make money on shipping, just want to get the darn thing to you. Add $30 if your FFL requires shipping from an FFL on my side (no real reason why this should happen).

The first "I'll take it" posted publicly on this post gets it. Public post wins over a private PM saying the same thing or an offer. Gun is only listed here for now.

I will be posting multiple guns so I am creating a generic paragraph for the guns, terms of sale, etc. Unless otherwise stated I have not fired the gun. Unless otherwise stated there is no original box. Absolutely none of the guns come with a bipod! The gun has not been shot since the 90's and judging by the condition is was never fired much. Payment by cashier's check, MO, discrete Paypal, or personal check. I reserve the right to withhold shipment until I am satisfied the money clears. I will allow 3 day inspection but no negotiating after sale. I will refund the price of rifle with buyer paying return shipping. I have a few people on "ignore" here so I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I choose to. This paragraph makes my head hurt, but after some of the BS here lately this seems like it needs to be stated.

I have been a member here for years and have never had a bad transaction with anyone AFAIK. I live by the golden rule "treat others as you would like to be treated". I can smell BS a mile away and just by knowing my last name (very unique and not hard to find if you are looking) a quick Google search will show both my jobs, one of which is a reserve police officer.

If you want pictures of something I don't have shown please message me.

Only trade interest is a Browning ATD take down model in 22lr.

Thanks,
Chaz

Last edited by cotis; 01/01/14. Reason: FFL, trade interest, and priority of winning messages

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nice job on the posting Chaz; everyone should appreciate the thorough job and time required to do it right! Wish I had your talent with the pictures!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Your terms are very fair. Good to see.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
wow nice old rifle. done like a sako delux.i looks as if that rifle has never had a scope mounted. do you think it may be unfired?

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Looking closely at the top of the receiver I can see very faint marks from what looks like scope bases. There is no visible wear or marks on the bolt face so I seriously doubt it was shot much. My guess is that it was a "gentlemen's rifle", shot a few times during hunting season and spent 99.5% of its time in storage before my FIL picked it up.

IC B2

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bump

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Price lowered to $425 shipped.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty neat rifle surprised other haven't noticed that this has the 1903 Springfield bolt in it. From what I found these were made 1980-1981.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
FWIW, I used a leftover Parker-Hale .30/06 barrel on a Mauser build, and it is the most accurate '06 I ever owned.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bump

IC B3

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bump. This is a great rifle with an excellent barrel.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Do you know what the rifle weighs?

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I just weighed it. 7lbs 6oz on my postal scale.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
One of the very best of the mausers

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Let's bump this up one more time

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
up please

C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I can't seem to get this one sold. The quality of this gun for the price is awesome. Better than 99% of today's rifles at this price.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pm sent

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
oh crud, I just saw the only trade currently interested in and managed to ask a goofball question all at the same time, please answer the PM, and forgive my ignorance.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,130
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.