Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

STOP BUYING UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO !

DO THIS FOR 60 DAYS OR SO, HIDE AND WATCH !

SOME OF US WONT, BUT IF MAJORITY DOES, LETS SEE

STICK TO IT, IT MIGHT HAVE SOME IMPACT.

SURE WORTH A TRY !

Last edited by tacksmacker; 01/11/14.

RIDE HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND DON'T LIE !!

Trying to get to the point in life where all I need is
BEER.....BEANS...and...AMMO
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have not purchased any .22 LR since Obama got re-elected, I had 1,500 rounds then and rarely shoot my .22's until this mess blows over. I have seen some on the shelves at high prices, but will avoid it at this time. You have a good idea.

Last edited by HE112; 01/10/14.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm in

bart

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't bought any of the over priced rimfire ammo and won't until the supplies return and prices get reasonable again. If that amounts to a boycott, I'm in.
I've still got enough left that was bought long before this supply nonsense started to keep me going for a little bit longer.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am and have been in since the Big O's first election.

1Minute
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
Haven't bought any of the over priced rimfire ammo and won't until the supplies return and prices get reasonable again. If that amounts to a boycott, I'm in.
I've still got enough left that was bought long before this supply nonsense started to keep me going for a little bit longer.

Bob

Yep, me too. I'm down to a few thousand, but don't shoot my 22's very often anyway. I damn sure am not going to pay these prices around here anyway. My boss runs to the store (bi-mart) every tuesday and buys what he can, like he's going to have a panic attack if he doesn't get them before everyone else does. He says he has over 25,000 rounds of 22lr and 20,000 rounds of 17HMR. It's because of people like him that there's a shortage!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's damn tough when grand kids love shooting zombie rat targets
yelling hit him in the cheese, hit in ear , they have too much fun and are being taught safety , creating interest and getting them away from the freak'n video games. They both wacked their first squirrels last weekend and Grammy cooked up pot pie. They are 8-9 and are mentor hunters here in PA. The Ipod is coming in second. Seeing the recreation parks empty and the Malls full of kids inked and that look like they fell head first into a tackle box, I'll load the 223 to fill the gap.
HANG IN THERE , Spread the word !

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Haven't bought one round since the scare...that said, I am down to next to nothing. Maybe 200 rounds total in the vault.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
SURE WORTH A TRY !

How many do you have on hand while trying to start this boycott? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I agree with you Tack. The last time I bought 22 or any other ammo, was about 4 or 5 years ago. I bought 1 box of remington bulk packs at dicks sporting goods for 18 dollars after taxes. I havent fired 1 round from it, I dont shoot much anymore. If I thought 22 ammo was going to stay at 50 to 60 dollars a bulk pack, and be hard to find, id just sell my 22 rifle and revolver, and use the money to buy 1 of those nice pellet rifles for 300.00 bucks. For paper punching and squirrel shooting, it would work just fine for me, and I wouldnt have to bother with it any more. Heck, I may just do that anyways !

You'll shoot your eye out kid. ( Ralphi-From a Christmas Story )
IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I don�t know if you even need to call it a Boycot, as there is no ammo to buy. I for one, won�t be paying the �new� prices, when the supply comes back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wont make a dam bit of difference. The offenders are many and don't give a darn.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by passport
Wont make a dam bit of difference. The offenders are many and don't give a darn.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I haven't bought 22 rf for 9 months; so do I get first dibs when the shelves fill up?

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have about 300 rds. If I run out, I'll be out of ammo, period.
"United we stand" is a thing of the past ?
We all know the oil companies have given us the "big wally", not much can do there. 60 days ain't that long to see if it has an impact. yes , I understand some will bend, but if some of us hang in there it would be interesting to see the impact.
Most all kids start shooting with 22s. Is there a bigger under the table plan here ? Take the interest of firearms out of youth ?
Maybe should have not had that 4th cup of coffee. Just say'n

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Although I'm not in the market, as I still have around 5K rounds of .22LR on the shelf, I have visited a couple of the local Wal-Marts that open for ammo sales at 7:00AM. There has regularly been a line ahead of me and I see many of the same people in those lines, day after day. On the weekends, I see some of the same faces at gun shows selling their .22 ammo for two or three times what they paid. At gun shows, a brick of 500 rounds of common bulk .22LR is going for $50, $10 per box of 50, $0.20 per round. Seems like a lot to pay, considering the cost to manufacture that ammo hasn't doubled/tripled in eighteen months. Or so it seems to me.

Jeff

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Youth shooting is not an issue at all. Plenty of options.

1 - pellet guns

2 - last night, we went full auto with air soft. See if a youth doesn't love that!

Last edited by Joseywales; 01/12/14.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
We just need to not buy from the gougers. The retailers who are selling at pseudo normal prices, are not the problem. It's the people buying it to resell it, and retailers like Cheaper Than Dirt, who are the perpetuators of this problem.

Kevlars

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought several thousand rounds back in 2010 and seldom shoot anything other than a lever or bolt action, so go through it slowly. That was the last time I bought as well.

I have given three bricks to my neighbor and his son for use in clearing the ponds of snakes and turtles.

Last edited by Mink; 01/12/14.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Sheister

Bob

Yep, me too. I'm down to a few thousand, but don't shoot my 22's very often anyway. I damn sure am not going to pay these prices around here anyway. My boss runs to the store (bi-mart) every tuesday and buys what he can, like he's going to have a panic attack if he doesn't get them before everyone else does. He says he has over 25,000 rounds of 22lr and 20,000 rounds of 17HMR. It's because of people like him that there's a shortage!!!

he'll let them go one day, at break even or less I am sure.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm all in. I have close to 4,000 rounds and just bought a new ruger American today. whistle

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

435 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 35 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,981
Posts18,499,680
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.