Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
OP Offline
H
Many thanks for all the comments and suggestions. If the deposit is returned, I'll post the info here.

Have a great week.

Sled

Post from Brad Everett STHunter posting on other forums:

>>Posted by sthunter on 08 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hello Everybody,

My name is Brad and I too was scammed by Rich Botta. I sent him a $4000 deposit in October of 2012 for a mule deer hunt that was supposed to take place in Craig Colorado in November of 2013. He asked that I overnight him the check because "hunts are selling fast". After he cashed my check I received very little correspondence from him despite my MANY MANY attempts. Five months after paying him he got me in touch with one outfitter that wouldn't even accommodate me because Rich Botta sent me. This outfitter despises Rich because he misrepresents his hunts, and refused to do any business with him. Besides the fact that the outfitter dislikes Rich, The hunt was nowhere close to what I was told I would be getting. Rich and I agreed to:

5 day Hunt in Craig CO.

Land Owner Voucher Included

November Dates

1 Free Observer

1x1 Guide

160" Plus Deer

What Rich tried to provide was NONE of the above. I asked for a refund 6 weeks after him cashing the check (November 11, 2012) and to this day I have not received a refund or a hunt. He told me he would refund the money if I didn't get the police involved but he kept making excuses and never did. In September 2013 I went and pressed charges against him and filed a civil suit against him, our court date will be late this month.

I'm sure Rich will chime in and say how he books 200+ hunts per year and he has 1000's of references....Its all crap. Everybody please do yourself a favor and stay away from this man, I hope this message reaches anybody looking to book a hunt through an agent. I posted this to clear up any concerns about this being a publicity stunt.....it is not. Just another pissed of client of Rich Botta trying to warn others. If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to email me at: bradeverett03yahoo.com<<

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just one more reason i will always be a diy hunter until i cannot do it any longer.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
research and references are king when booking a hunt...it aint hard to do checking with the internet
Greg I hear you but you'd have a hard time doing a DIY in Africa

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lol.

Well there is that.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank God I live in British Columbia

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HunterSled
Just a warning to my fellow hunters - I booked a hunt in Craig Colorado in January of this year with Rich Botta of Rich's Hunting Adventures out of New York. I gave him a $2000.00 deposit. He cashed my check. After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig. Says I can hunt in Mexico! No offer made to hunt in the U.S. as a replacement. I asked for my deposit back, he texted �lol�. He has kept my deposit.

Sled

Sled:
I'd recommend that you post this over at "Accuratereloading.com" as well.
I don't know personally but I'd doubt that you'd ever get anything from this douche bag in small claims court.
If he's scammed as many as indicated, there'll be a long list in small claims and you'd be the bottom feeder.
I wish you good luck regardless of the out come.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
waaahhh waaaah whine whine you got corn holed from your own damn ignorance GET OVER IT quit wasting space here IDIOT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mohick
waaahhh waaaah whine whine you got corn holed from your own damn ignorance GET OVER IT quit wasting space here IDIOT

Were you born this stupid or did it take a long time to develop?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fjold

Were you born this stupid or did it take a long time to develop?

I don't think it took long at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another one goes on "ignore"...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
mohick:

You are an AZZHOLE!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I might be an azzhole but I didn't loose 2 grand being an idiot

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I am guessing that being scammed is the least your worries.

H
H
Hi Im Rich Botta, Hunter Sled Reynolds booked a hunt with me. Let me explian to you what is really going on Sled and a group of 6 of his friends booked a trip with me in 2012 and in craig colorado and everyone tagged out. So he wanted to book a hunt in 2013 in Colorado again but with a different guide. So I recommended an outfitter in Trinidad Colorado and he said he didn�t want to go there, then I mentioned sand hills Nebraska,Montana,Utahan,Alberta,Saskatchewan Canada and Mexico and he said no to all of these. He wanted a hunt in craig clorado because he found out a friend was going with a different outfitter and just wanted his money back. We do not give refunds if we have the hunt you booked for. Well a few days later he started posting lies about me ( saying I don not have hunts for mule deer in the US) which I do many as mentioned above!! I also have outfiitters that will testify that we did have openings this fall for mule deer you may call them if you like I even had a hunt for him in Colorado in Trinidad. Sled went to all the forums and posted lies about me. In December. I sent sled a messege stating that I would refund him entirely the $2000 if he would stop the games and take all the posts down as they are not true. He did not respond instead he posted more lies about me !!! THE OFFER IS STILL THERE SLED IF YOU TAKE DOWN THE LIES YOU WROTE ABOUT ME ON ALL THE FORUMS I WILL SEND YOU A CHECK FOR $2000 OVERNIGHT!!! also what everyone does not realize here is that sled is a wealthy man he works in hollywood 2k is nothing for him he just wants to be a pain he actually told me he hired a kid to go online and talk bad about me all over the internet . Sled does not even know what he wrote!!!! and for everyone taking his side without evening know the whole story you should know your facts first and BTW when booking with me you speak with the outfitter before booking a hunt anyeways the outfitter wants to see if you a good match for him and if he is a match for you.. And for people saying why use a booking agent??? well what you do not know is all the time and money we spend going on horrible trips!!! getting scammed by outfitters losing over 20K ayear just so our clients can be happy and have a great hunt. We have been in business for over 12 years and as you see there are not many bad reviews online only the same 2 guys over and over again!!!!FUNNY THINGS ABOUT HAPPY CLIENTS THEY NEVER CALL YOU BACK AFTER A HUNT THE ONLY PEOPLE YOU HEAR FROM ARE THE UNHAPPY ONES smile. I WILL START GETTING MY OLD CLIENTS AND NEW CLIENTS TO START WRITING FORUMS ABOUT ME ON HOW GREAT MY HUNTS ARE I DESERVE THAT WITH ALL THE WORK I PUT IN. FEEL FREE TO TALK TO MY OUTFITTERS THEY WILL TESTIFY FOR ME , I SEND THEM MANY HAPPY HUNTERS. please feel free inbox me with questions or concerns im really disappointed how this turned out and would like to resolve this issue but its a 2way st here. Sled went on 30+sites and lied on all them be a man take everything down and I will send back your deposit!!!!
Rich

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I might be an azzhole but I didn't loose 2 grand being an idiot

Nope, you did it for free.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Rick, I have bad news for you.

The thread, once posted, is here forever. He can post a rebuttal or apology, but the thread will remain.

And it would be in your best interest to have someone proof your replies. To some folks it may not make a difference, but to others, one sign of a professional, especially one in the service industry, is proper grammar and punctuation.

You need some line breaks in there, because us old folks lose our place when reading a big rebuttal like that.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Well I have nothing to gain or lose by posting this so here goes. I don't know Sled nor Rich from Adam. However, I have talked to Rich in the past (couple of years ago or so) about some of his mule deer hunts. Here is my experience with him.

1. I called Rich about a mule deer hunt he advertised for in the Eastern Colorado plains. I told him to have the outfitter call me, and he did. In talking to the outfitter, he told me he didn't even have any tags for Eastern CO, and that he could possibly have landowner tags for another area West of there, but he wouldn't know for a few months. He was baffled as to why these hunts were being advertised with no tags available.

2. I also contacted Rich about a hunt in the NW Oklahoma panhandle in which, in his advertising he had written that there were numerous B&C bucks taken there every year. Well since I had lots of experience in the far N TX and NW OK panhandles, I had him (Rich) tell this outfitter to give me a call also, which he did. The outfitter was from Tulsa. I asked him about this advertising for all these B&C bucks, and told him that I wasn't aware of a single OK mule deer in the B&C book, and he backpeddled as fast as he could. I told Rich this, after visiting with the outfitter and he told me that "all I can do is go by what the outfitter tells me, and thats what he told me." Both of them also added, "well E CO has had B&C bucks and this borders Colorado".

3. He also advertised a mule deer hunt somewhere in N Colorado in which numerous pics of those famous Salt Lake City city limits and cemetery bucks were posted with it, hoping everyone would think these bucks had something to do with the hunt he was advertising. They did not.

4.Rich also advertises for Sonora cancellation hunts. If Drum were here and saw the pics of a Sonora hunt he advertises for, he could verify as I have that the pics are of a penned buck that routinely ate from a protein feeder that once again had nothing to do with the particular ranch/hunt offered.

Now I know nothing about Shed, or Sled, or whoever, but I found out all I wanted to know about this Rich clown, and IMO he is a fraud and knows only halfazzzed what he is talking about. He also has very little problem with posting misleading advertising, or at least he did at the time I was paying attention.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Huntersled aint the only one to give you bad reviews. Return the mans money and apologize on the forums and you might be able to salvage your reputation and business.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The sounds like a ploy to delay legal action and/or an asswhipping.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have a better idea...how about "HunterSled" and "huntrick" go away. You idiots have a combined three posts on this site and they were nothing but stirring up drama.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.