Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
OP Offline
H
Just a warning to my fellow hunters - I booked a hunt in Craig Colorado in January of this year with Rich Botta of Rich's Hunting Adventures out of New York. I gave him a $2000.00 deposit. He cashed my check. After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig. Says I can hunt in Mexico! No offer made to hunt in the U.S. as a replacement. I asked for my deposit back, he texted �lol�. He has kept my deposit.

Sled

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The BBB has this organization listed with an F rating. I see you listed him on Ripoff Report. Sounds like a bad deal.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was a licensed outfitter for 9 years, and started guiding over 30 years ago. It has been my sad observation that there are a lot of scammers out there in the outfitting business.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I'm missing something here, but you booked a hunt for Colorado with a guy in New York? Was it his ranch? If not, why didn't you just book it with whoever you would be hunting with in Colorado? Did you even talk to anyone in Colorado?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey D A I got some really, really nice oceanfront property here in Arizona!! Make you a hell of as deal on it to because you are on the campfire and all hahahahahahahaha STUPID

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If you paid your deposit with a credit card just contact them and get your money back. Trip insurance is worth it's weight in gold. Trust me. If not for trip insurance I would have been out 16,000 after having to cancel an Alaskan hunt. Trip insurance covers stuff like this.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What about filing a formal complaint with the organization that licenses guides in CO, and the Colorado Outfitter's Association?

http://cdn.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/DORA-Reg/CBON/DORA/1251632358909

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
have never heard of trip insurance. could you give some details

thanks Ed

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 1234

thanks Ed

Here is all the info you need. Like I said. Worth it's weight in gold

http://www.travelguard.com/cabelas/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joelbiltz
Originally Posted by 1234

thanks Ed

Here is all the info you need. Like I said. Worth it's weight in gold

http://www.travelguard.com/cabelas/

Well sometimes its worth it weight in gold. We bought some we were going to meet up with a buddy who worked for Dakota Arms. At the last minute he got called out of town on company business. They would not honor it on trip insurance. We got nailed to two days rent on our rooms.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by HunterSled
Just a warning to my fellow hunters - I booked a hunt in Craig Colorado in January of this year with Rich Botta of Rich's Hunting Adventures out of New York. I gave him a $2000.00 deposit. He cashed my check. After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig. Says I can hunt in Mexico! No offer made to hunt in the U.S. as a replacement. I asked for my deposit back, he texted �lol�. He has kept my deposit.

Sled

First of all, I give you my condolonces for being ripped off. That said, I didn't have to search for long to find this:

Rich's Hunting Adventures Review

It may not do you any good now, but for future reference you should ALWAYS speak with 2 or 3 hunters who have hunted with an outfitter. With internet search features and multiple internet forums it should also be very easy to get information on an outfitter.

Just curious, did you buy this hunt on eBay?

Also, why did you wait for 10 months before taking any action?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is a booking agent not an outfitter, personally I only like to deal directly with the outfitter.

He has committed several crimes by what he has done. I would pursue action.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This guy posted the warning all over the net, I'm betting the booking agent is going to wish he refunded the money. There is no way this will not come back to bite him.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
This guy posted the warning all over the net, I'm betting the booking agent is going to wish he refunded the money. There is no way this will not come back to bite him.

MM

I doubt it. If people are dumb enough to book with anyone who calls themself a booking agent, they won't take the time to do any research. I just don't understand why anyone would book a hunt like this. There are several very reputable booking agents out there if you feel you need to go through an agent. Why would you not use one of them? It's like getting car insurance from a company you've never heard of that advertises on craigslist.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HunterSled

Sled

Were it me I would track the guy down and ask for my money back in person or he could deal with the alternatives and consequences.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's right.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do a little research and put a lien on his property. He will eventually have to address that. Interstate stuff though is a pain in the ass.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/13/14.

1Minute
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Call the small claims court in the county in which he works- they can send you forms or give you a web address to download small claim complaint forms. File a complaint against and submit all your documents to the court. Also ask for travel expenses to his state and hotel fees. Sue his azz, that's what courts are for.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
.........and if you're still looking for a guide in Craig, give John Papierski a call. Runs a small family operation, solid guy. If I were to go back to the Craig area, would definitely use John again. His site is: www.papierskihunts.com

Kurt

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mohick
Hey D A I got some really, really nice oceanfront property here in Arizona!! Make you a hell of as deal on it to because you are on the campfire and all hahahahahahahaha STUPID

That certainly was uncalled for!

The only person looking like a D.A. appears to be yourself..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 23 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,208
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.