Hop To
Page 1,282 of 1,842 1 2 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Just ordered Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac Boots. They have a good online sale going right now. I have heard great things about them.

I owe you a beer or two. I really need new "cold" weather boots, and they had my size, so I got a pair as well.

Between points and the sale, the reviews have me thinking that they are going to be worth what I paid and more.

Got home from fishing tonight and my boots were here. After supper, I took a little nap while the fish were thawing and then cleaned them. Now I'm typing on the pooter while wearing my new boots. smile I'm on vacation this week so I'm up later than usual.

So far, they seem pretty snug with the extra liner in but according to the reviews they loosen up. They are a half size bigger than I normally wear so they should be fine. Definately can feel that they are going to be extremely warm!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Going to head outside and crank up the Toro in a few minutes and deal with remaining snow plus what the plow deposited.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
headed to New Mexico in a bit, gonna maybe try to kill me a wapiti if I can smile
been stuck in the office all week coming up with the materials for the irrigation system I'm designing. grants all submitted, invoices received, next will be waiting on them to show up. I'm pretty excited!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good Luck Ryan!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck Ryan!

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good luck, Ryan.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Going to head outside and crank up the Toro in a few minutes

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
headed to New Mexico in a bit, gonna maybe try to kill me a wapiti if I can smile

Ryan wins.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
fantastic Ryan! i am jealous! PLEASE keep us up to date as I want to live vicariously through you!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just ordered Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac Boots. They have a good online sale going right now. I have heard great things about them.

I owe you a beer or two. I really need new "cold" weather boots, and they had my size, so I got a pair as well.

Between points and the sale, the reviews have me thinking that they are going to be worth what I paid and more.

Got home from fishing tonight and my boots were here. After supper, I took a little nap while the fish were thawing and then cleaned them. Now I'm typing on the pooter while wearing my new boots. smile I'm on vacation this week so I'm up later than usual.

So far, they seem pretty snug with the extra liner in but according to the reviews they loosen up. They are a half size bigger than I normally wear so they should be fine. Definately can feel that they are going to be extremely warm!

I wore mine outside today for a while. I really, really like them.

Again, I owe you a beer. My wife couldn't even give me crap about buying them when she saw how much "regular" price was.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Going to head outside and crank up the Toro in a few minutes

Originally Posted by Colorado1135

Ryan wins.

Yes he does! smile

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Living the dream ain't he.

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Right now, he is on his way or there, eh? That lucky knucklehead! He is living MY dream! I really hope he has some good stories and gets one for the freezer.

WINDY here. Holy cow. still saying gusts to 55 mph!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I wore mine outside today for a while. I really, really like them.

Again, I owe you a beer. My wife couldn't even give me crap about buying them when she saw how much "regular" price was.

I'll take you up on that beer someday Goalie! mmmmmmmmmm beeeeeeeeeeeer

A few weeks ago, I scored on the Cabelas stand hunter extreme bibs and parka they had online for 55% off regular price. Now I believe I'm ready for some all day late season sits with the bow or muzzleloader. Cabelas really draws a guy in with the points back program don't they? eek

Last edited by Rooster7; 01/16/14.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman

WINDY here. Holy cow. still saying gusts to 55 mph!

Just about a total white out here. Schools closed. My American Flag is sticking straight out from the pole. I probably should have taken it down before this crud moved in.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
[quote=Berettaman]
My American Flag is sticking straight out from the pole.

I really hope you're actually talking about your American flag.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A few weeks ago, I scored on the Cabelas stand hunter extreme bibs and parka they had online for 55% off regular price. Now I believe I'm ready for some all day late season sits with the bow or muzzleloader. Cabelas really draws a guy in with the points back program don't they? eek

Yeah, my feet are going to be toasty in these.

We should set up a muzzle-loader hunt next season. I have a place up by Perham that could house a bunch of us, but my property isn't big enough for more than a few hunters. There is private land reasonably close though where I had success muzzle-loading before falling into private land to hunt.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm up for that

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tzone
[quote=Berettaman]

A welcome side effect from the blood thinners perhaps? wink

How ya been doing since your scare? Thinking good thoughts.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, my feet are going to be toasty in these.

We should set up a muzzle-loader hunt next season. I have a place up by Perham that could house a bunch of us, but my property isn't big enough for more than a few hunters. There is private land reasonably close though where I had success muzzle-loading before falling into private land to hunt.

Goalie-if you've got room, I'd be interested.....and I really suck at poker.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by tzone
[quote=Berettaman]

A welcome side effect from the blood thinners perhaps? wink

How ya been doing since your scare? Thinking good thoughts.

I'm doing pretty good. Thanks for asking.

Had a couple of scares where my chest tightened up and started hurting really bad in the heart area and it felt like I was trying to breathe through a plastic bag. The first time it happpened I was driving on interstate at 75 mph. I pulled over thinking I didn't want to become a 4,000 lb missle if I passed out....or worse. While I was sitting there debating if I should call 911 or try to get to the ER myself, it kind of subsided so I took off for the ER. It happened again when I was only a few blocks away so I chanced it and got to the ER. They hooked me up to everything they had and said everything was fine and they don't know what caused it. It's happened a time or two since but not near as severe as that first one. I would think that someone who is about to drown would have the same things going through their head that I did that day.

I can only think of one other time in my life that I've been that scared but that one didn't involve anything physical with me.

Page 1,282 of 1,842 1 2 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (1_deuce, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 10 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.