Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There was an old man in a wheel chair who had an earring at the VA last week. His hat said he was a WW2 and Korean vet. I did not disrespect him.

If the gurney we passed in the basement that had a flag draped over it was occupied by a man with an earring I still would have removed my hat and stood as straight as I can stand until it passed through the doors into the morgue.

Just saying, I doubt either of these men were wimps.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure there are good people all adorned with hardware and colored pictures. As a matter of fact, a few of the nicest guys I met recently own a tattoo/piercing parlor. Seriously, these guys are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

I still hate tattoos and piercings and even though there are good people that practice this type of personal desecration, I would never allow my kids to participate.

I think it goes along with another type of societal acceptance these days of allowing women in the military and law enforcement. There can always be a situation or individual that measures up to the standard, but it is still a poor way to treat society by sacrificing standards so that the odd people can fit in.

Whenever I really wonder about these types of things, I think back on what my father would have done. He did it all and never sacrificed his principles, he was consistent and if more people acted like him this world would be a better place. My heroes have always been cowboys...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have followed your pictures and stories of your dad and agree, this country would be a lot better if we had more like him today.

I leave the earrings to my wife and daughters and we seem to be happy that way. There is no ink on either of us. twenty four years of Navy and no ink might be some kind of record but it just never appealed to me.

I just bring up the VA to show not all long hair, ink, or earrings are on bad people. A trip to any VA hospital will convince even a redneck like me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It seams sort of Gay to me.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I'm sure there are good people all adorned with hardware and colored pictures. As a matter of fact, a few of the nicest guys I met recently own a tattoo/piercing parlor. Seriously, these guys are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

I still hate tattoos and piercings and even though there are good people that practice this type of personal desecration, I would never allow my kids to participate.

I think it goes along with another type of societal acceptance these days of allowing women in the military and law enforcement. There can always be a situation or individual that measures up to the standard, but it is still a poor way to treat society by sacrificing standards so that the odd people can fit in.

Whenever I really wonder about these types of things, I think back on what my father would have done. He did it all and never sacrificed his principles, he was consistent and if more people acted like him this world would be a better place. My heroes have always been cowboys...

[Linked Image]

Is that a picture of your Dad and his Dog? If so, that's a great picture my friend!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

[Linked Image]

Phenomenal picture!

1st Bn 5th Marines Wpns Co. 03-07
Semper Fidelis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think some fellers just like to keep in touch with their feminine side. No ear bobs on this Cracker.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok

[Linked Image]

Is that a picture of your Dad and his Dog? If so, that's a great picture my friend!

That is my father in the Yellow Mules, near Big Sky, Montana around 1939

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[bleep] and women wear ear rings.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
I worry far more about what's between the ears than what's on them.

I could say the same about droopy pants and dope smokers but those things generally are a result of what's between the ears.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I really don't care if a guy wears them but I've no use for them. I have cut a few of them off inmates when they managed to make it all the way through booking, trial and transport to a sentenced facility. They were not allowed in the prisons I worked at.

Every once in a while a guy would show up with one that was a permanent stud or ring. I guess they have some kind of locking mechanism that once their on they are locked in place. Had to cut a few out of guys nipples and even one out of a foreskin. It was hilarious. The nurse had a little screw driven device that would go over the stud or ring and cut it as you tightened the screw. Had one guy that was a wannbe tough guy with one of the locked ones in his foreskin.

The nurse asked me as the shift supervisor to assist her with the removal. We gloved up and proceeded to remove the offending contraband. When we first explained to him the rules and what was going to happen he puffed up a little and acted tough. Before we were through he was white as a sheet and shaking like he was passing a porcupine. We never touched him with removal tool nor injured him in any way other than his pride. For some reason he always had a very reserved demeanor around me after that. grin

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ha. It's always the biggest, toughest, meanest goateed studs that roll out of the chair onto the floor while I'm digging a little piece of steel out of an eye.

I always have smelling salts handy when repairing the tough ones.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/15/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by EdM
I worry far more about what's between the ears than what's on them.
One is often indicative of the other. smirk

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
it was all ways my understanding that long ago sailors wore one earing in case they died in a strange port the undertaker would give them a Christian burial then keep the earing as payment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haven't met nary a damn one that does have one that I hang out with...so I guess answer is no. Men with earrings typically, but not always, signal to issues unseen or a personality type that I likely wouldn't care to be around.

Having said that, I had one for several years. Had my left pierced and had a small gold hoop back when I worked dope. The day I left the team, I got a haircut, shaved, the ring came out and has not been back in for 20 years. The beard has come back though...albeit somewhat more trimmed and with a bit more salt to go with the pepper...

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 13 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.