Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Tell her to enjoy the hunt. HF hunts are not for me, but may be right for you.

My only gripe is the HF folks want to equate their 400 class HF bull with my fair chase 360 bull and I'll bust em in a second on that. As long as they don 't go around bragging on how strenuous their HF hunt was, or try to "imply" that their bull was fair chase too....I'll leave em alone.

But in the end...we all know the HF hunts are not the same, no matter how big the fenced pasture is.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Her hunt not yours so let her enjoy it.

I like you would not, but everyone hunts differently.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am finally through taking friends and family elk hunting for the year. It ended this morning with a 420 yard 162 amax made this bulls rump drop like a sack of rocks. I am not so sure that this canned hunt was quite as canned as I thought. She actually had to work for the bull a little. I was thinking she would be able to ride up and shoot him out of the truck. She probably would not have gotten within 600 yards of him if he had not been tussling with another bull. I think that the elk are scared to death of every truck other than the owners. We rode around in the owners truck the first day and it was like riding through disneys safari adventure.

I just want to go home. Twenty one days of elk is too much for one year for crippled folks.
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The best way to win an argument is not to stick your finger in someone's face and ram your opinions down their throat, but rather lead them in the direction and let them come to the conclusion on their own.
For me a spike in wilderness beats a 400" HF kill anyday.
YMMV

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Happy wife, happy life. smile

Best advice right there.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Congrats to your Wife EB, time to get rested up for spring turkey hunting. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats to the wife Eddy! Everything has it's place. I accompanied a cousin on a canned hunt one time for elk and it turned into one of the biggest rodeos I've ever been on. The laughs were pricelss and smiles abounded. That and the guys son fell in a creek and damned near drowned...and then damn near froze to death.....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gunner you have been on the camp fire hog hunt before right? Any long range opportunities to be had? I am thinking about trying to attend. You going this year?

I found a pere David cow hunt for 500 bucks in a fence. I hear the meat is awesome. If that toad gopher elk did not fill your freezers and your interested holler at me. I have a little free time until the slabs spawn.

EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ssb your right my only high fenced hunts have been culling exotics and 8 points and does. We were never guided just turned loose to slaughter stuff. Some of my favorite hunting memories were culling wild Spanish goats. It was like prairie dog hunting to us. We were too good at it. My buddies who owned those high fenced ranches dubbed our crew as anthrax. The carnage was graphic and great times were had. But I am one of those guys who would shoot an animal tied to a feeder leg if I had freezer room.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Eddy I think your wife's smile says enough. Congratulations.

Hugh
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Gunner you have been on the camp fire hog hunt before right? Any long range opportunities to be had? I am thinking about trying to attend. You going this year?

I found a pere David cow hunt for 500 bucks in a fence. I hear the meat is awesome. If that toad gopher elk did not fill your freezers and your interested holler at me. I have a little free time until the slabs spawn.

Been to a couple 24HR boar kills, planning on going again this year too, you may find some longish shots, but 1K to 1.5K will be out of the question, may not present enough of a challenge for your LR guns.

Never heard of a pere david cow, but I'm up for another hunt if it's not to far out, got the freezer room too.

Gunner

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Originally Posted by GSP814
... I wish my wife would hunt with me!

Two sage pieces of advice... Congrats to your wife on a nice bull...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Piere David is by far one of the tastiest meats you will find! If you have an opportunity to shoot one for the processor , do it. It and Eland Antelope (young bulls or cows being the best) are probably the finest table fare on four hooves. If you have not tried either, don't bash it. They are incredible eating.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But I am one of those guys who would shoot an animal tied to a feeder leg if I had freezer room.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. You have been complaining throughout this thread about how this was a canned hunt and it wasn't your cup of tea. Yet you make the above quoted statement. What gives?

Anyways, congrats to your wife. it would seem she enjoyed her hunt.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Originally Posted by GSP814
... I wish my wife would hunt with me!

Two sage pieces of advice... Congrats to your wife on a nice bull...

YDR, when MOMMA ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. eek shocked laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JRS3

Piere David is by far one of the tastiest meats you will find! If you have an opportunity to shoot one for the processor , do it. It and Eland Antelope (young bulls or cows being the best) are probably the finest table fare on four hooves. If you have not tried either, don't bash it. They are incredible eating.

I think I'm gonna sign on and bust one with my Sharps rifle. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F it. Go shoot something and have fun. Not EVERY hunt has to be ball breaking hard and less than 25% successful.

Psuedo-Random Number Generator: 6.8 .338 .375 .45
Psuedo-Random Truck Generator: V8 Toyota w/ Overland Warehouse - Torsen - BFGoodrich
Go out and get it.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by HughW
Eddy I think your wife's smile says enough. Congratulations.

+1 Might not be the type of hunt for everyone, but having your wife enjoy that experience makes it worth it!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
ain't a dang thing wrong with grocery shopping with a rifle
Gunner

That is one of the smartest things I've ever heard on the 'fire and not surprised who the author is.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
EddyBo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
But I am one of those guys who would shoot an animal tied to a feeder leg if I had freezer room.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. You have been complaining throughout this thread about how this was a canned hunt and it wasn't your cup of tea. Yet you make the above quoted statement. What gives?

Anyways, congrats to your wife. it would seem she enjoyed her hunt.

Think cow in a cattle trailer headed to my freezer. Isn't hunting but I will kill them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 5 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 623 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,515
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.