Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Was never a big fan of the Sopranos, but recently, my wife and I have been watching the entire series, from Day One, available on Dish Network. We are now watching two episodes a night, which doesn't really take that long, as there are no commercial breaks.
This was really a well-done series, that makes a lot more sense when seen from start to finish, I believe. We are halfway thru Season 2, so a lot more to go.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My whole family is/was a fan of the series. Great writing and excellent acting, that remained consistent during the series run, it kept us loyal from beginning to end.

As a side note, James Gandolfini was so damn HOT !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Excellent show!

If you haven't already, plan on watching The Wire. I dare say it is better than The Sopranos.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Huge fan. I happen to catch one random, out of sequence, episode a few years ago and was immediately hooked. I went out and bought every season. I must have watched three or four episodes a day all the way through. Did it again, but more gradually, thereafter. My only regret is that I can never again watch it for the first time. Maybe in a few years there will be enough time gone by so that it seems somewhat fresh again.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not a big fan but my wife is. In the beginning trailer you will see a "Pizzland" sign, that is in North Arlington, NJ where I grew up. I have gotten many a pizza from that place to take next door to the "Silver Bell tavern".

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
It was my favorite.....then Deadwood came out.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My wife and I watched every episode of every season.She is a recording freak,that is why we have 3 dvr's.She works anywhere from 10-14 hours a day 6 days a week so she does not want to miss anything that is on tv so she can watch it when she has time.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Raeford
It was my favorite.....then Deadwood came out.

Agree. "Rome" and "Breaking Bad" are excellent as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Excellent show!

If you haven't already, plan on watching The Wire. I dare say it is better than The Sopranos.

That there is a true statement.

I loved the Sopranos and The Wire was excellent as well.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I agree that The Wire was the best crime drama ever written for tv.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
My whole family is/was a fan of the series. Great writing and excellent acting, that remained consistent during the series run, it kept us loyal from beginning to end.

Lynn,

I hope you are being funny! That was one of the things that irritated me was the mismatch of him with the pretty ladies.

I have watched all of the ones recommended above and 100% agree. They are all great plus Dexter and The Shield to the list. The one I miss watching the most is Breaking Bad.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loved watching the Sopranos.

RIP James Gandolfini

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 007FJ

Lynn,

I hope you are being funny! That was one of the things that irritated me was the mismatch of him with the pretty ladies.

I disagree. Would they be a mismatch based purely on physical looks? Surely

Factor in Tony's bravado, status, and wealth and you have a real ballgame here. It's not like he was chasing after intellectuals, Dr. Melfi excluded.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
watched the first season on DVD and was left wondering "what's the big deal"

guess I'll have to give it another chance one of these days

really liked Justified, but got bored with it by end of second season.

got hooked on Breaking Bad for a bit, but we're out of discs currently

liked Game of Thrones

and one of my faves Kidnapped

but my all time fave is probably Modern Family, good writing and some good visuals hellooooo Sofia

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Lynn,

Not really a mismatch. Pretty much how it is in real life if you ever get to see any. Have you ever watched any other mob movies? Plus, watch real life documentaries on gangsters; money, parties, gambling and power/powder actually turns some women on.................

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure." (Thomas Jefferson)

DON'T TREAD ON ME

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ii think my all time favorite scene was when crazy Pauli went after the gardener with the shovel... true fans will know what I'm talking about.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liked it a lot, Pine Barrens is my favorite episode of the how series .

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gmsemel

Is that the one with Chris and Pauli broken down in the woods?

On The Wire the one I liked a lot was McNulty and Bunk investigating the murder of the girl at the refrigerator. FOOOUUUCCCKKKK!

You guys are correct on the money hottie thing but it still seemed a little over exaggerated to me.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmsemel

Is that the one with Chris and Pauli broken down in the woods?

On The Wire the one I liked a lot was McNulty and Bunk investigating the murder of the girl at the refrigerator. FOOOUUUCCCKKKK!

You guys are correct on the money hottie thing but it still seemed a little over exaggerated to me.

That's the one.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Lynn,

I hope you are being funny!

No actually I am not kidding, he was handsome and sexy. I know many women who concur with me. I like men who are a little thin on top, who wear glasses, and might have a little weight on them, sexy is in the eye, the mind, and the heart of the beholder.

As for the women on the program that he ran around with, they looked to me to be just what they were supposed to look like, cheap. But hey, each to their own....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.