Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Look, where in the whole "Doing what's fair" posts did I suggest zero profit for anyone? I'm talking about across the board, out of control greed. You know the difference.
If I haven't explained it so you understand it by now, I'm not going to be able to.

So,
your cost + 5%?
Ok.
PM me.

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner
And the panic will subside, the black market will dry up, and those $80 bricks will still be in the closet next to the $3k Bushmasters.

Buy high and sell low seems to be the mantra of most gun show patrons.

None of this is new.

You think guys selling bricks for $75.00 paid $75.00 for those bricks?

'Fraid not dude. You can't lose money cleaning out a retailer's shelf. That's why you can't find any 22LR on a retailer's shelf.

Travis

Of course they didn't pay $75. They paid retail, like anyone can.

Again, it's a bubble market created by artificial demand. It will subside.

That's why manufacturers and wholesalers have not increased prices. They know the market will drop.

I don't begrudge folks making a dime while they can. Good for them. I do think its hilarious people are paying anywhere close to $75 when , with a little patience, you can buy it for less than half that.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

and did you ever find yourself without any of those items? Did you run up against not having any, and not being able to find/buy them? Probably not. I know that when things got tight, I had the powders I use, the primers I need, the ammo that I required and all the AR/mini 14/M1A/.30 Carbine mags I wanted.
Just have to pay attention and buy early.

You have to use the stuff to run out of it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Of course they didn't pay $75. They paid retail, like anyone can.

Again, it's a bubble market created by artificial demand. It will subside.

That's why manufacturers and wholesalers have not increased prices. They know the market will drop.

I don't begrudge folks making a dime while they can. Good for them. I do think its hilarious people are paying anywhere close to $75 when , with a little patience, you can buy it for less than half that.

So when do you predict it will subside?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Folks were getting tarred and feathered in 1914?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave

So,
your cost + 5%?
Ok.
PM me.

That's very fair of you.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Perhaps the shooting community needs to do some policing of its own ranks, shunning the hoarders, gougers and the knumbknuts who pay gouger's prices. A broadbased economic boycot of sorts, expose the dirtbags responsible for the current dilemma. We should not be hearing of individuals reported on this forum who have .22 hoards of 10K rounds. No one has any legitimate need for that much ammo, it is just GREED pure and simple, absolutely no consideration for their fellow shooters be they young or old.

So - those of us who stocked up over time way before this current shortage, when the prices were at historic lows, are now to be shunned? How about the rest of you manning up and admitting your failure, and learning by example?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the jerk-offs pricing the bricks at $75 will be the same jerk-offs selling cans of soup for $20 when the SHTF. there is a difference between stocking up and taking complete advantage of a situation for your own profit. sorry, but that ain't capitalism in my definition. its greed and shameful behavior. i will have no part of either end, or the people involved.

oops, gotta go, my buddy from walmart just called....

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As soon as we put an adequate definition on the board for "hoarders", maybe we can identify them with a scarlet letter icon "H" or something?

perhaps a little birthday cake symbol by their name?

(I recently traded into 3 bricks for some reloaded 38 cal stuff. Guess that may qualify, as I likely won't shoot it all)

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Maux Faux�..it really IS your Birthday!

Happy Birthday Braux! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rem141r
the jerk-offs pricing the bricks at $75 will be the same jerk-offs selling cans of soup for $20 when the SHTF. there is a difference between stocking up and taking complete advantage of a situation for your own profit. sorry, but that ain't capitalism in my definition. its greed and shameful behavior. i will have no part of either end, or the people involved.

Ok. So how do you propose we stop it?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know. Barring a push of anti legistration or some whacko blasting someplace up...Hopefully soon.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wageslave

So,
your cost + 5%?
Ok.
PM me.

I don't think you want to buy any 99's.
I should ignore your comments since you're intentionally being obtuse and are not really interested in anything I have to contribute. You've shown me that here and elsewhere.
I am not interested in pointless discussion.

However, if, through your arbitrarily chosen 5% profit, I was able to maintain a steady flow of product thru my doors and make a living, would you feel like I was gouging you?

Conversely, if everything I have is gold and everything you have is dirt, would you feel slighted in our dealings?

There was a time in this country where a modest profit sufficed, and the world probably made more sense. Unfortunately, right now we are on the receiving end of decades of unchecked greed by industry and our own govt.
Industry lobbyists get laws passed that lined their pockets at our expense, and have been doing so for over 100 years. Politicians allowed it because they got personal gain themselves from the deals.
Call it rambling if you need to, but the breakdown of personal values is at the root of this 22LR/greed issue. It's really not that complicated.

We all complain about politicians. Well, why? Greed, corruption, dishonesty? Don't you think those qualities have tangible side effects on a society? Tangible as in the cost of auto insurance, or 22LR?

LOL
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just bought an 8 lb keg of IMR4895..

Im not gonna resell it.

Am I a bad person?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 40O
This little bubble created by the gougers is not capitalism. If Walmart, Cabelas, etc. raised their rates to demand the max the market could bear that would be capitalism. Frankly, I'd rather see the people who contribute to manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales make the profit. listening to the unemployed losers who can afford to spend the work day looking for .22lr and buying it up is annoying as all hell.

P.S., anybody know why Walmart, Cabelas, etc. haven't gotten into the gouging game?

$400 has a point. One contributing fact is that a lot of people who should be busy working are living on government assistance - which gives them time they otherwise wouldn't have to participate in this secondary market. In that respect, it isn't pure capitalism. And a lot of those people probably had jobs or would have jobs, if the government wasn't driving down the economy in general.

Bottom line - it's the government's fault, even if it isn't deliberate.

But Travis is right. If the retailers would raise the price close to what the market is bearing, the demand would fall and supply would stabilize. Or - they could go back to the way things were before "bulk packaging". When all we had to buy was rimfire by the 50-pack, the real price per round was more in line with what the market is currently paying for bulk.

If the price then becomes unbearable, you will see it ease back down. Simple economics.

Oh, BTW - the reason that ammo makers aren't building new factories to meet the current demand, is because they don't expect this demand to be constant. Take that as a clue.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yeah, that wasn't me you were thinking about a couple weeks back. Suspect you had me confused with Jesus.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yeah, that wasn't me you were thinking about a couple weeks back. Suspect you had me confused with Jesus.

No, that was Deflave. He makes the confusion intentional...

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by STA
No I'm waiting for my regular gun dealer to get back from shot show.

Randy,

Since you have a little girl waiting to shoot I have some extra ammo I can send you if uou want it. PM me your addy and I can ship you a couple hundred CCI Blazer .22lr if you don't mind those.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rem141r

Ok. So how do you propose we stop it?

Travis

stop buying it at the inflated prices is the only way. buying it at normal prices for your own consumption is fine. i imagine everyone will be satiated after 5000 rounds or so. all except for the pigs who resell. they will buy all they can as fast as they can as long as people buy it from them.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,059
Posts18,521,394
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.