Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Anyone buy from them? Got a flier in the mail today.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I buy from them A lot....easy to deal with, returns are easy.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get on their E-Mail list and wait until they have free shipping. That's usually about twice a week.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
they used to have great prices on ammo before all the recent craziness. 3-4 years ago they had 450 marlin on sale for $19/box. i bought 10 boxes and it came with free shipping. i'm still set for a long time with 450.

My diploma is a DD214
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Once on their catalog list, you will get one a week....like JC Whitney used to do.

.....civilize 'em with a Krag
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I prevously bought quite a bit of stuff from Sportman's Guide, which I would characterize as a poor man's Cabelas. I don't buy as much any more simply because I don't need anything. However, if I needed something and Sportsman's Guide had it at a good price, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them. As KY Mountain Man remarked, they're pleasant to deal with and returns are easy.

It's been my experience that Sportman's Guide often sells closeouts, last year's model, etc., which is presumably why their prices are often quite good.

Hope this helps.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I order from them all the time. I got a lot of ammo thru them until our Imperial Governor Cuomo rammed the NY SAFE ACT thru. Now no more internet ammo sales.

If you join their buyer's club when you place your first order, you'll get free shipping, (2) $10 coupons, and the option to spread you payments out over 4 months if you spend $150.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tuco,
You are correct about closeouts and discontinued items. Which brings me to the only beef I have with them:
If you are buying a technical item that you might need warranty help on, do some research before you buy.

The example that got my attention was some game cameras that claimed a phenomenal distance capability at pretty decent prices. About 5 or 6 pages into a Google search about them, I found a bunch of posts on some of the game camera forums, that said the company not only had folded up, but the cameras had the worst failure rates on the market.

Everything else has been OK. If you think you will buy very much, be sure to get the Buyer's Club membership! It soon will save you much more than the fee to join. You can even sign up online on your first order and use the discount on that same order.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like to dig around the store in the winter but in the summer the surrounding stock yards make it a unbearable place to visit.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also buy from them alot. I've been a club member for a few years and they are a breeze to deal with.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Poorly made products, want a bee Cabelas. Easy to return.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Poorly made products, want a bee Cabelas. Easy to return.

They sell alot of the same products as Cabelas, but don't ask for a second mortgage on your house to buy them.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Use them from time to time, very good service and I have got some good deals there over the years.

Ted
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have found their private label "guide gear" stuff to be poor quality.
Biggest fault is that they try to force you into their buyer club, charge for that, and really don't lower prices when you do.
I quit buying from them years ago.

Sam......

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I have bought a couple of things from them. No problems.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're located here in the Twin Cities. I make a run down there about every 3 months and avoid the shipping fees. You have to be careful with the cheap scopes-most of them are not very good quality. Service has always been good, and the return process pretty seamless. They do have some good clearance deals in the store. I've bought a few items of military surplus clothing,and it all seems to be good quality at fair prices. Through the ammo crunch, they've managed to get some stuff in. Some of it military surplus, some of it recognized brands.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
... Biggest fault is that they try to force you into their buyer club, charge for that, and really don't lower prices when you do....

There have been times when I found something that I have thought about ordering, but then I remember all of that hassle of having the rep try and get you to join the buyers' club and reading you the daily specials and I decided against it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have bought knives...

never a problem

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Always had good luck with SG. Good service and returns. Been good way to outfit my son who grows out of hunting clothes every season. I always look for name brands. Good sales from time to time. We scored a complete GoreTex ScentLok suit for under $100 at the store.

The Buyer's Club saves 10% off prices - do a quick calculation and figure if it will save you money on what you plan to buy for the next year.

They do send lots of catalogs - good fire starters!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another occasional buyer here. It's true you'll never get off their mailing list - I've gotten their "Last Catalog!" about 25 times now. As long as you don't have raised expectations about the products, they're fine. Nothing is ever as good as the catalog writeup, but then that's true of ALL advertising.

The best bargain I got from them was ten years ago or so when they were selling surplus Swedish cook/mess kits at 3/$15. I only bought one for (IIRC) $7 and love it. Today, those same kits go for $50 - $75 on ebay.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,821
Posts18,496,525
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.