I've been using these steam-cooking bags in my microwave for several months. I usually steam omelettes, chicken breasts, corn-on-the-cob, or mixed vegetables.

To make an omelet I use two eggs or liquid Egg Beater equivalent, butter, black pepper, chopped onions, sliced black olives, mushroom pieces, shredded cheese, and diced ham.

I put everything in the bag, seal it, and kneed the bag to mix all the ingredients together. Then cook the bag in the microwave for two to three minutes. Slide the cooked omelet on a plate and top with salsa. Very simple and delicious!

My dad is an Oklahoma-raised, WWII veteran who eats bacon and eggs and potatoes every morning for breakfast.

When I told him I would fix his breakfast in a microwave steam bag, he laughed and was prepared to make his normal breakfast in case he needed a backup plan. Now, whenever I visit, he asks me if I will make him an omelet like I did before.

For lunch today I steamed a frozen catfish fillet with butter and lemon juice. After three minutes in the microwave it was very tender and tasty.

Ziploc has several recipes listed on their website. Does anyone else use these steamer cooking bags? Any favorite recipes to share?