Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A little background... my son is small for his age so he gets picked on a fair amount by bigger kids. He's not afraid to dish it back if it needs doing and has the right attitude to do so. He's a wrestler and and in football, plays fullback, d-lineman and linebacker, despite being one of the smaller kids...

My boy and severl others were involved in a 'tussle' on the playground at school, during a recess football game. Typical 9-12 year old school yard BS. My kid was knocked down by one of the bigger kids. He got up, dropped him, and jumped on to let him know there would be no more of that. Some teachers and other kids pulled the boys apart. Jack (my son) was sent to the school psychologist because he punched the other kid. crazy He explained what happened. He also told them he was taught to defend himself but not start fights which is what happened, and they could call me. He was then sent to talk to Mr. Principal.

I got the call...

In the mean time the principal met with BOTH boys at the same time and asked what happened. Jack explained his version, then the other kid. It sounds like the bigger kid told the truth and said he struck first. Both boys told the principal that they didn't think either kid should get in trouble, they're competitive boys and it was a heat of the moment "football thing" that was already handled. Mr. Principal said big kid deserved what he got since he started it, but it's not OK for that behavior on school property...took FB at recess away for the rest of the month.

I got to school and asked to talk to Mr. Principal. I was told he was in a "meeting." Both boys came out of his office while I was there and he was curious as to why I was there. I told him mrs. psychologist called and told me to come in. He was rather shocked, and a bit irratated, and told me there was no reason. He and the boys had it sorted out. I did talk to him to get the story though. Kinda wierd. I'm sure the psychologist will not be pleased. grin

I'm pleased with the outcome and decision by the principal. He seems to know what goes on with boys, and didn't suspend them in or out of school. Didn't feel the need to call parents in to pick them up (psychologist had different ideas) and business as usual. Didn't seem to agree with the "zero tolerance" crap where both would have been suspended.

Camp is where you make it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MY GOD, a school official with common sense, I AM SHOCKED!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
....was sent to the school psychologist because he punched the other kid.

There's the problem, right there. Schools don't need a psychologist.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My only comment is that the big kid should have gotten something extra, next kid he knocks down might not be able to respond like yours did.

But, yeah, overall a much better response than normal. And considering it's Minnesota, I'm surprised! grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Astounding story. Maybe there is yet hope. wink

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
when i was in highschool i swear the shop teacher and ag teacher would take bets on who would win.
boys will be boys, good on your kid for defending him self and good on the principle for seeing it for what it was.

and what rockinbbar said schools don't need psychologist

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

OH NO. He can never be a gun owner. Tell em to pizz up a rope.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
My only comment is that the big kid should have gotten something extra, next kid he knocks down might not be able to respond like yours did.

But, yeah, overall a much better response than normal. And considering it's Minnesota, I'm surprised! grin

i disagree the kid got his azz beat by some one smaller i think that should work, and it was over football boys are boys

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
Originally Posted by Calhoun

i disagree the kid got his azz beat by some one smaller i think that should work, and it was over football boys are boys

No, the OP's kid is getting punished for self defense just as much as the other kid is for assault. The assaulting party should get more punishment, unless the defender carried the self-defense too far.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang, that was a good story actually. I was expecting some knee-jerk, zero tolerance, 9 day suspension story. Some school admin seem to have a little common sense in MN!

Thanks for sharing...

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Perfect outcome T. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Tom, Joey had one of those last week, same thing. Bigger kid was teasing and shuved him down in the playground. Joey socked him in the gut and took him down. They were pealed apart and ultimately it was the principal that pieced together the story. Joey was nervous about going to see the principal with the other boy because he said the other boy was just going to lie. I told him he can't do nothing about the other boy, just tell the truth and see if the principal figures it out.

He did.

No problems.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wook
Dang, that was a good story actually. I was expecting some knee-jerk, zero tolerance, 9 day suspension story. Some school admin seem to have a little common sense in MN!

Thanks for sharing...

That's where I work. Common sense is not common.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is nice to see some common sense, my daughter drew a picture of the gun she got for Christmas and she did not get suspended.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It is nice to see some common sense, my daughter drew a picture of the gun she got for Christmas and she did not get suspended.

Oklahoma is enacting 'Common Sense' legislation to do away with that sort of silliness in this state.

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have a grandson it grade school in Caldwell ID. He took a pocket knife to school. My son got the call to come to school. Principal said my grandson was suspended for the rest of the day. He was told to never do it again. All over, done deal. Principal was more concerned about the kid breaking a rule than the knife and admitted to my son he had carried a knife all throughout all his schooling.

There are good people in some school systems. If this happened in many other places the world might have ended.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It does sound like common sense ruled the day. Some places would have brought in squads of counselors the next day so that any kids who witnessed the tussle could see them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I agree. I went to my daughters Middle School orientation a few week ago and there are 3 of them! A waste of $ IMO.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have a grandson it grade school in Caldwell ID. He took a pocket knife to school. My son got the call to come to school. Principal said my grandson was suspended for the rest of the day. He was told to never do it again. All over, done deal. Principal was more concerned about the kid breaking a rule than the knife and admitted to my son he had carried a knife all throughout all his schooling.

There are good people in some school systems. If this happened in many other places the world might have ended.

Ct. woulda closed down the state and dispatched the National Guard with a complimentary battery of drones. crazy grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep. My forth grade grandson would be wearing prison stripes.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.