Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Put the kid up for adoption. Problem solved"

The 14 YO CHILD might not like your proposed "solution".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm not worried about going to Hell for other people killing thier own kids.

Nor am I.

But I don't want them doing it with tax dollars since so many tax payers are against it on moral or religious grounds.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I remember that i liked intimacy...i remember i didnt like condoms.
Beings how that played out, i feel that i would have had no right to have any say in what transpired, be it a single or married man..

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Curdog, a ration discussion of the subject usually begins with discussing the distinction between "life" and "potential life".

According to polls, most Americans are "prochoice", but most Americans also oppose late term abortions. This seems to indicate the average American has a more nuanced view then the zealots on either side.

In addition, adoption may not be as easy a solution as many zealots believe. Since 1973, it's estimated there were 56 million abortions. In order to accommodate all those children through means of adoption, half of all American household would of had to adopt one additional child.

Do you really believe half of prolife absolutist are willing to adopt, and how many of there are willing to adopt the child from a black mother?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Curdog, a ration discussion of the subject usually begins with discussing the distinction between "life" and "potential life"."

OK.............. you go first.

[actually, it's been touched on the thread]

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by Sako
Let all those that think it is not murder or think abortion is OK... Make them take part in a late term abortion where the child is birthed and then the back of the spinal cord is cut to kill the baby.. make them look at that child and ask them if it is still OK

You are right if you think I can not have a rational debate on a topic where you are killing a child...

All right thinking folks condemn that without having to actually see it.

But if my 14 YO daughter or grand daughter were gang raped, I don't like the idea of her being reminded of it on a daily basis while being forced to carry the child to term.

And you would have your child carry it to term?

Read my firs post. My family faced that. The result is wonderful.

Now as to when life begins, my personal beliefs are at conception. If life begins at birth then why can someone be charged with two counts of murder for killing a woman an her unborn child?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ironbender won.
Surprise? No.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone that is FOR abortion has already been born.
Count me as being pro-choice..... I choose life.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Now as to when life begins, my personal beliefs are at conception. If life begins at birth then why can someone be charged with two counts of murder for killing a woman an her unborn child?"

You didn't arrive at your personal belief because of what the law is, did you?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
" Either its murder or it isnt."

Not exactly.

If you believe life begins at conception, then abortion is homicide, but not necessarily murder.

T thought I made that clear, as far as my stance.

You have to touch all the bases to score a run, even if you knock the ball over the fence.

Im not sure I understand conception or the morning after pill totally... but what I THINK it is, the conception has occured, but it cannot allow the fertilized egg to stick to the wall or some such, so since it can't get a "home" it dies.

I'm one on this topic that basically has his own feelings about parts of it. And to discuss something that is an individual issue gets sticky if you will.

I feel its up to the individual and its no one elses business.

After all that individual/s has to bear the brunt of this issue for a LONG time, IF they are RESPONSIBLE.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wageslave
Ironbender won.
Surprise? No.

Well, not to me.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
To quote Tupac "....ladies that make the babies
And since a man can't make one, He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one"

Sometimes, one has to wonder if some folks really can distinquish the difference between a woman choosing to "create" a child (the act of copulation) and choosing to kill one (the act of abortion).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"Now as to when life begins, my personal beliefs are at conception. If life begins at birth then why can someone be charged with two counts of murder for killing a woman an her unborn child?"

You didn't arrive at your personal belief because of what the law is, did you?

You know me better that that. smile

I just fine it funny when someone can be charged with murder for killing the unborn but the mother can get an abortion and it's OK. You cannot murder someone who is not alive so how can you charge someone with murder for killing the unborn then turn around and say life begins at birth. Only a liberal can be that stupid!

But think about this. If a mother can kill a child why should that right stop at birth? Say the kid is ugly or grows up to be someone mom doesn't like. What if the kid won't take out the trash or clean their room? Shouldn't she be aloud to kill them when they are twenty? What is the ungrateful little brat puts mom in a nursing home and doesn't visit every week? Shouldn't she be able to have doctors take the brat out at age fifty? If she kin kill the unborn why not the adult child? Bet that would change a lot of lives. wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rost495

Im not sure I understand conception or the morning after pill totally... but what I THINK it is, the conception has occured, but it cannot allow the fertilized egg to stick to the wall or some such, so since it can't get a "home" it dies.

I'm one on this topic that basically has his own feelings about parts of it. And to discuss something that is an individual issue gets sticky if you will.

I feel its up to the individual and its no one elses business.

After all that individual/s has to bear the brunt of this issue for a LONG time, IF they are RESPONSIBLE.

Which individual, mother or infant. Bet the unborn might vote a different ticket than the mom.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Pulling the gang rape card is weak."

In a DEBATE, it's a perfectly good card, maybe the best one, in response to the "partial birth abortion" card.

In that debate was requested and the hypothetical has been raised, in the alternative to "rape", let us consider the situation where a male willing to copulate has been deceived regarding the safety of the moment and then unwillingly impregnates the deceptive woman. Does he then have the same right to terminate the pregnancy through abortion?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My OP said that IF life begins at conception, then an abortion,BY DEFINITION is homicide. That's just a fact.

Then, the question becomes WHO is authorized to commit the homicide. The white hispanic was authorized by Florida's self defense statutes to commit homicide with little trayvon, for example.

That same self defense argument might be stretched to authorize a homicide when a mother's life is threatened by her pregnancy.

There really is nothing analogous to a woman impregnated during a rape, so that must be settled on common sense grounds.

Beyond THAT, making a case for authority becomes more problematic.

THAT'S why the abortion on demand folks must insist that life commences outside the womb.

And that is a very weak argument.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
"Pulling the gang rape card is weak."

In a DEBATE, it's a perfectly good card, maybe the best one, in response to the "partial birth abortion" card.

In that debate was requested and the hypothetical has been raised, in the alternative to "rape", let us consider the situation where a male willing to copulate has been deceived regarding the safety of the moment and then unwillingly impregnates the deceptive woman. Does he then have the same right to terminate the pregnancy through abortion?

No...............There is no question that she is the mother.

A young lady called her folks halfway thru her first semester at Texas A&M :

I have good news and bad news.

Give us the bad news.

I'm pregnant.

What's the good news?

It ain't mine.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

And that is a very weak argument.

Yes it is. It is a mindset I cannot fathom.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
78 replies and no name calling. It this the real Campfire?

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,952
Posts18,519,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.