-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem with snowmachine visors is the build up of moisture from sweat. Even the very best helmet with the very best breath deflector will eventually cloud up with sweat from your cheeks and moisture from your eyes.

I had a heated visor that would prevent fogging but eventually you had to wipe the moisture away to see clear again. The wires connecting the visor to the sled proved to be a pain in azz.

I ended up going with a helmet that had a really good breath deflector and tight fitting goggles that wouldn't let air seep past and cause frostbite on my cheeks. I used a Scott goggle anti-fog cloth to wipe the moisture off and treat the goggles. It was THE best set up I found.

FWIW, liquid Rain X will screw up the coatings on plastic ski goggle lenses.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by rost495

All that diving stuff goes out the window with an SCBA mask in a fire type situation, and the only thing I've seen.

My SCBA lenses have always been treated but even that sometimes fails. Quick burp of the bypass valve clears her up quick

Yep, but since I"ve gone to defog it, I don't have to burp the valve... good things.

What do you treat your SCBA with? Or are you saying the come pre-treated? Ours evidently do not.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks Jeff and jwp

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
He didn't ask for my input, but I was asking because a family member was having problems with his glasses fogging when hunting. I'm going to email a link to this thread to him.

Thanks so much y'all and sorry it took so long to get back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I put Rain-X. It also will be bead up rain while hunting. I have a set of glasses dedicated to hunting. Not sure I would put them on my regular glasses.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

All that diving stuff goes out the window with an SCBA mask in a fire type situation, and the only thing I've seen.

My SCBA lenses have always been treated but even that sometimes fails. Quick burp of the bypass valve clears her up quick

Yep, but since I"ve gone to defog it, I don't have to burp the valve... good things.

What do you treat your SCBA with? Or are you saying the come pre-treated? Ours evidently do not.

Everyone I know uses the Parkers

F
fzo Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
thanks for the hints

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have used this solution for many years. I don't wear a mask & my glasses, scope, & binoculars used to fog up. Usually takes several applications & if its a cold day & I'm walking needs to be reapplied. I buy mine at cabala's.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.