-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm surrounded by Ukrainian immigrants with satellite dishes tuned to the old country.....I'll check in with Sergy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Ironman65
The people of Ukraine have had enough of a tyrannical Government.

They're always saying that. Another tyrant will be along pretty soon.

Yep!

The "revolutionaries" are ultra-nationalist....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for the link.

I sent it to a friend who was born in that area of the world in the late 1930s. He had the extreme misfortune of having had to live under both Hitler and Stalin.

Fortunately, he and his mother and sister were later able to escape East Germany and move to the U.S.

I'll see if I get any feedback from him about these current events.

Here's my friend's response. --->> Спасибо!

Don't ask me what it means.

Last edited by Jocko_Slugshot; 01/22/14.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The police are shooting and killing citizens there now.

If anyone thinks OUR police or military won't fire on Americans given the same circumstances, they are making a fatal mistake.

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) � Opposition leaders in Ukraine are asking protesters to refrain from clashing with police for the next 24 hours, after at least two demonstrators were shot and killed in confrontations with police.

Emerging after three hours of talks with President Viktor Yaanukovych on Wednesday evening, opposition leader Arseniy Yatsenyuk said he gave the president until the following evening either to move to ease the political crisis or face popular rage.

"Tomorrow we will go forward together," Yatsenyuk told a crowd of tens of thousands of demonstrators. "And if it's a bullet in the forehead, then it's a bullet in the forehead, but in an honest, fair and brave way."

Prosecutors say two people died of gunshot wounds at the site of the clashes in Kiev on Wednesday, but the opposition says five people have died.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
There are a LOT of guns in that area of the world, it is just that they are not openly available, as here, to the ordinary person.
A lot of the mosin nagents and other rifles of that type sold here in recent years as i understand it came out of the ukraine and georgia.
There were some mauser 98's a few years ago that were sold here that came out of some salt mines in that neck of the world. Arsonel reconditioned and put in storage.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
In a related news story two members of the group "Pussy Riot" will be in NY Feb 5.

I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
If you really want to know what's going on over there, this is an excellent link from a photo journalist on the ground.

The pictures are amazing. So for all you guys that admit to looking at the pictures, and not just reading the articles, this is a must see!!

http://zyalt.livejournal.com/984735.html

Last edited by Ironman65; 01/26/14.
I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Bringing this back TTT.

You will not be disappointed in the link above.

There are some amazing pictures, and if you take time to read the article, you can see that this isn't just typical Ukrainian protesting.

Last I saw, there were government buildings over taken by the protestors in 11 different sections of Western Ukraine.

I also understand that the military has sided with the citizens in western Ukraine as well. I would like to think the same would happen if SHTF here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Thanks for the link.

I sent it to a friend who was born in that area of the world in the late 1930s. He had the extreme misfortune of having had to live under both Hitler and Stalin.

Fortunately, he and his mother and sister were later able to escape East Germany and move to the U.S.

I'll see if I get any feedback from him about these current events.

Here's my friend's response. --->> Спасибо!

Don't ask me what it means.

Don't worry NSA is busy decoding it as we type. )k.<'[88yG.2]

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Russians will let it go only so far, then they'll do there what they did to Georgia...the country, not the State.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thank you for the post

Ours may start in May

I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
I can honestly say........y'all are the biggest BS [bleep] ever!

[bleep] talked [bleep] said!

Disappointing at the very least!!!

You guys would rather talk about Justin "beaver" than a real Revolution!!

Sad, sad, sad boys!!!

I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Bunch of NOTHING! That's what I see! For shame!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ironman65
I can honestly say........y'all are the biggest BS [bleep] ever!

[bleep] talked [bleep] said!

Disappointing at the very least!!!

You guys would rather talk about Justin "beaver" than a real Revolution!!

Sad, sad, sad boys!!!

What the hll are you talking about?

I guess we should all grab a gun and dash to the Ukraine. We all support their struggle, but we're realists, also.

The Russians won't let this rich land get away from them. They will make sure puppet regimes rule the Ukraine. Bet on it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When it comes to Eastern Europe, there are no real claimants to the title of 'worst oppressed'. For as long as recorded history, they have gone back and forth, slaughtering their neighbors wholesale, and then whining about being abused when someone does the same to them.
Ukrainians sure had no problem with killing their Polish neighbors, or stepping up to help the Nazis kill Jews.
A pox on them all.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Ukrainians sure had no problem with killing their Polish neighbors, or stepping up to help the Nazis kill Jews.
A pox on them all.

Russians had no problem killing Ukrainians, about 14 million they estimated.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my point exactly. This round robin ethnic slaughter as been going on for as long as there are historical records. Just like the middle east, it's not going to stop because of another change of 'leadership' in Kiev.

Sam......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.