Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I know this is off topic, but i made a post like this last winter and was able to pass along some good deals to my fellow 'fire members. i have three flat rate boxes full of golf balls that I accumulated this past season.. They are pictured and described below.
--SPF.
Box #1 is a large flat rate box (180 ct) of used and slightly abused balls.. all various brands from titleist to top flites and everythin in between.. some have scuffs, discoloration, wear, etc. no cuts. be good for the shag bag, to hit around the yard, play, etc. $35 shipped
[Linked Image]
---Box #2 is another large flat rate box (180 ct) of barely used golf balls.. many of these could pass as new and they all have been washed and shined. brands like titleist, bridgestone, srixon, taylor made, etc.. these are in excellent shape and ready for the course $50 shipped
[Linked Image]
--SPF
Box #3 is a medium flat rate box of 60 Pro V1x's and 30 Pro V1's.. they have all been used to varying degrees but there is a lot of life left in them. $50 shipped
[Linked Image]

Last edited by brandonh; 01/25/14.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Great targets

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I got some from you last year, worked out great. I'll take box #1, PM sent.

NRA Life Member
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'll take box #3.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a kid, I used to get the golf balls out of the ponds on the neighborhood country club. We made some pretty good money cleaning them up and selling them down on the course. .35 each or 3 for a buck. .50 each on the really nice stuff. There were several kids in the neighborhood doing this, so the challenge was always to be the first on in the ponds as early in spring as you could stand the cold water, as the other kids hadn't been in yet. Once it warmed up, we'd spend more time diving to the bottom in deeper water where the other kids wouldn't go. 'Rigged up a floating fish basket on a couple small inner tubes. We'd dive to about 10 feet, get what we could then resurface, put the balls in the basket, catch our breath and then dive again. A good night might yield over 25 balls. I'd clean them up and be next to the 9th hole tee box on Saturday morning. Frequently the old greens keeper would come around and buy me out just to get me off the course. He always acted all rough and tough about us being there on a private country club, but he really had a soft spot for kids and made sure no one ever messed with us. We cleaned up the shags and sold them to a local driving range for about .17 each. I'd accumulate the shags and sell them in the spring when the driving ranges opened. I made enough selling balls and shags to buy my first compound bow and some decent fishing gear.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Cool story gopher. Wish the kids today had that kind of ambition, mine included (grin) Free bump

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was a pretty enterprising young kid. We lived near a fishing lake and I'd go pick worms in the yard at night, take 'em up to the corner which lead down to the lake, and sell them to the fisherman. I'd be up at 5:00 every Saturday and Sunday so I'd be up at the corner by 5:30 to catch the guys going by. Dad used to take me out to the creek on our old family homestead in Washingtonville, Ohio and I'd seine minnows, and catch bigger suckers on hook and line. We had a big old plastic tank that we put in the trailer and hooked up to the lawn tractor. I'd run a battery powered aerator, and haul the minnows up there to sell. I used to get .50 each for big suckers. I'd go with 30-50 dozen nightcrawlers and a few dozen suckers and I'd be sold out by 7:30 every morning. I had all the neighbors and friends saving cottage cheese containers, styrofoam cups with lids, anything I could pack worms in. None of the neighbors ever complained about me running the tractor early in the morning, surprisingly. It was good money for a 10 year old kid, and Mom and Dad liked the fact that I got started so young, and didn't have to have an allowance as I was making my own money. I did good enough with the bait that I kept it going, even after I started working two jobs when I turned 16.

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/26/14.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
really cool stories gopher.. i still have box #2 left for $50

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
$50 shipped for 180 balls is a steal!!! Almost all of those golf balls in the picture sell for at least $25 a dozen!!!!!

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Box #2 still available.. $45 shipped to your door

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hell, I'll take em...pm inbound

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,763
Posts18,515,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.