Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's the congress we voted for. One side gives you Obamacare, the other comes up with a huge tax increase by making healthcare benefits taxable. What idiots!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthew...care-is-a-big-tax-hike/?partner=yahootix

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't read the GOP proposal since no matter what Reid wont allow it and the fuhrer will just veto it.

I'm sure it would be better than ocare. I will add that if a politician thought it up it won't be good, better but not good.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Death and Taxes. Same old Same old. I guess the Senate has to find ways to pay for their benefits.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't read the GOP proposal

Prohibit insurance companies from imposing lifetime benefit limits on a customer.

Give individuals the freedom of purchasing the health care plan that best suits their needs.

Return the power of regulating health insurance to the states.

Lower the age rating restriction to the previous normal level.

Under Obamacare, older, sicker patients would not pay more than three times what a younger, healthier person would pay in premiums. That rating will be returned to five to one.
Offer dependent coverage up to age 26.

Prevent customers with a pre-existing condition from being denied coverage if they can show proof of continuous coverage, including COBRA.

Provide a one-time open enrollment period.

Increase purchasing power for small businesses and individuals by providing a targeted tax credit which can be solely used for the purchase of health insurance.

Require transparency from the medical and insurance companies regarding the costs of procedures.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/111280-breakdown-gops-obamacare-replacement-proposal/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since "healthcare" is not a Constitutional function of the federal government, what is the gripe if the feds raise taxes to pay for it. There ain't no free lunch!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
what is the gripe if the feds raise taxes to pay for it. There ain't no free lunch!

My gripe is paying for non Americans. They should pay out of their pocket, or be deported for medical reasons.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
what is the gripe if the feds raise taxes to pay for it. There ain't no free lunch!

My gripe is paying for non Americans. They should pay out of their pocket, or be deported for medical reasons.
So the Republicans should come up with something that does away with us paying for illegals.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Why has not one republican asked the American people why we should work and pay for he health care of some people who will never hit a lick at a snake when they are able bodied?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
idiots.

In my dreams the US would get rid of the scam that is the two party system, and start voting in people who would actually represent us. Until then I will continue to vote against the incumbent. sigh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Here's the congress we voted for. One side gives you Obamacare, the other comes up with a huge tax increase by making healthcare benefits taxable. What idiots!!!

Well of course ya got to hit up all the working folks that pay as much as 39.6% on earnings so the special people can enjoy tax brackets of 0%-15% and, god forbid, 20%.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Well of course ya got to hit up all the working folks that pay as much as 39.6% on earnings so the special people can enjoy tax brackets of 0%-15% and, god forbid, 20%.

yeah cause half the population paying no taxes or getting more back then they paid has No affect on the whole system smirk

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If Zeke Emanuel hates it, I love it. We're talking the �-care author here, folks. Ya know, Mr. you get the bullet when you are of no societal value anymore, guy. The guru of death panels.

I have been paying 100% of my own insurance cost with after tax dollars my whole life. Why should others get tax free money to pay for their insurance? This is fair.

Why did the IRS treat me this way? Cuz, I created jobs and employed people. Punish that enough and it will go away. Voila.

Oh yeah, folks finally pay attention to cost, when they pay. Corrects the market.

This is an improvement, to be sure. Sorry Kev.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Since "healthcare" is not a Constitutional function of the federal government, what is the gripe if the feds raise taxes to pay for it. There ain't no free lunch!

Since its not a "Constitutional function" why do they have their nose stuck in it to start with? IMHO, the Federal Gov't is not the trump solution to all problems.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by heavywalker
idiots.

In my dreams the US would get rid of the scam that is the two party system, and start voting in people who would actually represent us. Until then I will continue to vote against the incumbent. sigh

News Flash, we have no two party system in the traditional sense. shocked

there are the progressives [all dems and most republicans], and then there is the TEA PARTY. wink

If the people representing you are NOT endorsed by the TEA PARTY, don't vote for them. Things are only going to change when people get the backbone to vote out the John Boehners, John McCains, and Mitch McConnells of the political world. smirk

Last edited by dmsbandit; 01/29/14.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the Republicans should come up with something that does away with us paying for illegals. gets the illegals deported.

Fixed it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Only a MORON would bring up this issue. Then again morons ain't bright enough to know the difference...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I've been saying for some time that there isn't dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican Establishment and this article proves it. This why McCain and Romney could not beat Obama.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
if you want to pay for insurance for people who can't/won't afford it, you have to get the money somewhere. since the health insurance fairy hasn't come through, this is the next step.

the voters spoke loud and clear and said they want healthcare insurance for all. twice. so here's the republican proposal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Since "healthcare" is not a Constitutional function of the federal government, what is the gripe if the feds raise taxes to pay for it. There ain't no free lunch! the federal government has no business being involved in "healthcare".

There I fixed it for you.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Seems to me, it worked better before they started plucking FIXING it! They made a "crisis" out of thin air, and proceeded to mess it up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 9 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.