Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,289 of 1,842 1 2 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Stainless wont cut it. Conifer pins need to be titanium,

I was in Dallas back in the late 70's when an ice storm hit. It wasn't pretty folks. The roads went from zero to total gridlock in less than a minute.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A lot like Atlanta, GA a few years back when I went to visit my buddy and his wife a few years back. First time in 30 years it snows there in a measurable amount, is when we go there. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Goalie. You have this game on? She's a beauty! I'm REALLY starting to like Kuemper.

Hell, I'm really liking the whole damn crew! Up 4-1 on the Ducks, with 10 to go in the 3rd. I'll take it.

Last edited by tzone; 01/28/14.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Two inches of snow here. Nothing for you "up nort" guys and gals but schools are shut down for Wednesday, offices announcing closings, not a damn loaf of bread or bottle of milk left in any grocery store. Incidentally what's up with the bread and milk thing? Happens every time we get snow. I live here and don't understand it.
My gun/pawn shop part time job is not affected since we are normally closed on Wednesday anyway.
We don't usually get much snow. It is really pretty. The two little white boys are constantly in and out the pet door. Little doggie tracks all over the yard. They love it.
I have a lot of suet feeders and bird seed out all the time so our feathered ones are ok. I noticed yesterday that they are going at the suet a lot. Quick body heat builder I guess since it contains mucho tallow type fat.
It is 5:30AM here. I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't sleep so got on here. I call it " Geezer sleep".The older you get the less you sleep. Remember that.
On the subject of Ford 300 cubic inch six cylinder engines, I believe that is a real solid and dependable engine for a working style truck.I had a Ford van with that engine once and I thought it would last forever. One thing I remember was that it ALWAYS started. Never let me down in that respect.
OK,I am chatty as all get out this AM. Have a great day my friends.
Fluffy, much luck on the new job.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Goalie. You have this game on? She's a beauty! I'm REALLY starting to like Kuemper.

Hell, I'm really liking the whole damn crew! Up 4-1 on the Ducks, with 10 to go in the 3rd. I'll take it.

That was a rhetorical question, right?

He's playing great. At that level, all the goalies have the tools in the toolbox, it's all about that seven inches between their ears.

Those were two points we NEED if I am going to be at a playoff game drinking 12 dollar beers this Spring.....

smile

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Incidentally what's up with the bread and milk thing? Happens every time we get snow. I live here and don't understand it.
Stan in SC

Maybe it's because the southerner's heard that most northerners's are conceived during snow storms when there is nothing else to to do but get bred?

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
laugh laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie

That was a rhetorical question, right?

He's playing great. At that level, all the goalies have the tools in the toolbox, it's all about that seven inches between their ears.

Those were two points we NEED if I am going to be at a playoff game drinking 12 dollar beers this Spring.....

smile

Of course it was a rhetorical question. smile They came out a little flat but, then BAM, kicked it up several notches in a hurry.

Do you have tix? I'd buy on or maybe two and split the beer with you this spring. Something to think about...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
laugh laugh

Stan, when I worked at Cub Foods in HS and college, it was the same thing. The day before a storm the place was packed with people stacking up on bread. The difference being we usually get nearly a week of cold behind the storm, where you guys will have that snow melted pretty quickly.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Talked with my buddy in Louisiana yesterday. He's from Wisconsin and knows how to deal with the weather. The problem in the South is they don't have the equipment or experience to deal with snow and ice. Rick relayed the following to me about a salting operation on a bridge that was televised.

One of the Parishes had salt but no equipment to spreads it properly on the bridge. They loaded a dump truck with salt, cracked open the gate and drove across the bridge letting the salt spill out. A work crew followed the truck using rakes to help spread the salt. Rick said that when they finished, the salt was ankle deep on the bridge deck.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Stan I am pretty close to geezerhod status myself and I believe it isn't that we don't need as much sleep it just eludes us. I could use a lot more sleep than I get.

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That will keep guys like me in business for long time fixing bridges. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I stayed home with the kids yesterday since school was cancelled. I took a nap. Man did I feel good the rest of the day. I'm going to have to look further into this. laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I stayed home with the kids yesterday since school was cancelled. I took a nap. Man did I feel good the rest of the day. I'm going to have to look further into this. laugh

My goodness, Tom. you just jumped right into geezer hood.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fine with me if I can have a nap!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do you have tix? I'd buy on or maybe two and split the beer with you this spring. Something to think about...

Hmmm, let me see. I used to have season tickets, but don't anymore due to schedule and the little-guy making it not really feasible.

I may be able to score us tickets to a game though. There is a little lounge on the club level where the beer is free. All you have to do is tip the ex-North Star goalie who runs it during games, so I would buy you one there and you can buy me one of the 13 dollar ones in the concourse......

smile

But I will PM you. I need to get to some more games.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I consider it a sign of good parenting when I can get my little-guy to nap. The bounce-house at the health-club's kid area got me a nap yesterday.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Fluffy, much luck on the new job.

Stan in SC

so far the new job is spectacular. they give me blue prints and go away. grin
Im now working for one of the premier home builders in Minnesota.
looks like a first class operation all around.
sent me down to corporate office yesterday to fill out paper work.
started Monday,first check is due on Friday. laugh
start at 500 am,work till 330 pm.
unlimited hours,vacation,holidays ,401k ,health insurance,aflac.
room for advancement.
Im liking it.
should go buy myself a new rifle to celebrate. laugh

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like you have gotten into something good. I am glad for you.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My DIL just posted this on her Facebook page:

"My son just asked me, "Mom, if the people voted Obama in to office, can't they just vote him out of office, too?" I love the way my kiddo thinks!"

Page 1,289 of 1,842 1 2 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.