Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Having religion is like having a penis! It's ok to have one, and it's ok to be proud of it but, you don't go waving it around in public!

Just something to think about!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnGreyBeard
Having religion is like having a penis! It's ok to have one, and it's ok to be proud of it but, you don't go waving it around in public!

+1

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a few questions for our friend.

When you undertake to feed them, what is your plan for the future? Feed them until they are breeding age? Feed them for the rest of their lives? Will you be responsible and spay or neuter them or will you be like an old woman with a house full o cats? Feed them and let them breed until the humane society comes and takes them and puts them down? Nature or God, which ever you think started things in motion, is cruel and designed for survival of the fittest. When we interfere then it has a chain reaction that skews things one way or another. So by feeding them for a little while may make you feel better about yourself, it puts a burden on future generations to keep feeding them. I offer for evidence Detroit, Chicago, Memphis and many more cities. LBJ started the war on poverty back in the 1960's and we have, as a nation, spent trillions of dollars and the percentage of people living below poverty is the same as it was then. All it is doing is re-distributing the wealth and increasing crime. Now if you want to keep one for a pet and feed it and spay or neuter it, and be responsible for the rest of its/your life, then go for it. Me, I will pass. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by milespatton

When you undertake to feed them, what is your plan for the future? Feed them until they are breeding age? Feed them for the rest of their lives? Will you be responsible and spay or neuter them or will you be like an old woman with a house full o cats? Feed them and let them breed until the humane society comes and takes them and puts them down? Nature or God, which ever you think started things in motion, is cruel and designed for survival of the fittest. When we interfere then it has a chain reaction that skews things one way or another. So by feeding them for a little while may make you feel better about yourself, it puts a burden on future generations to keep feeding them. I offer for evidence Detroit, Chicago, Memphis and many more cities. LBJ started the war on poverty back in the 1960's and we have, as a nation, spent trillions of dollars and the percentage of people living below poverty is the same as it was then. All it is doing is re-distributing the wealth and increasing crime. Now if you want to keep one for a pet and feed it and spay or neuter it, and be responsible for the rest of its/your life, then go for it. Me, I will pass. miles
Johnson's mistake was to disregard Christ's dictum that the poor will always be with us. Actually not, however, since he knew full well that not only would he not eliminate poverty, he would magnify it. All the better to serve the true reason for social welfare programs. The reason for social welfare programs is never actually to relieve poverty. That's merely the justification for them. The reason for them is to increase and concentrate power in the central state in order to satisfy the self-interest of the elite class at its helm.

PS Christ knew that the reason Judas wished not to "waste" the perfume on Christ was something other than a desire to alleviate the suffering of the poor. That was merely his justification for criticizing its being "wasted" on him, thus he received no praise from Christ for his feigned interest in helping the poor.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Sako
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Lets see... you come across a dog and a human drowning in a lake.. you can only save one.... which do you save....?

Is it my dog?

Yes it is your dog.... answer honestly

My dog, then.

You are, at this point, not allowed to resubmit the question by identifying the human by age, gender, nationality, political affiliation or kinship to me.

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Dave588
The point is taking any defenseless creature, securing them in a manner to guarantee their cruel death.
Applies to every manner of creature, great and small.

So anyone on here that has killed a rat, caught a mouse in a trap, killed a coyote, gut shot a wolf or ever wounded a deer is as guilty as the guy who put the dog out that died... I agree.... but some on here think since it was a dog, the person should be killed... (their words not mine)

You are so very self-righteous that I cringe at your twisted responses. Every stomped spider or car crushed squirrel is quickest possible demise possible. If you taped squirrel to branch so it could stare at life while dying cruelly over several days is equal to what this guy did and your responses indicate that you know that.
Your continuous need at self attention over your perceived charity is ugly. I donate to deserving charities continuously and I don't see a reason to broadcast that throughout the forum.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I wouldn't put a coyote or a wolf in a cage and toss it off in the woods to starve/freeze to death. Bottom line is the little pup did not deserve to be killed in that manner.

Amen gonehuntin!

Sako, Please take your sanctimonious BS and go elsewhere. We couldn't care any less about how wonderful and superior YOUR motives are as compared to the rest of us. We also couldn't care any less about how perfect (or at the least, holier-than-thou) a Christian you are.

And while you're at it, GFY, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Oh booo hooo... did that make you feel better.... Call it what you will but Hey... if you are good with killing ahuman over a dog... OK... or letting a human die over a dog.... ok...

and for the record... I never brought up the Christian thing... that was asked of me several times before I answered... But hey... facts... do not let them stand in your way.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
The point is taking any defenseless creature, securing them in a manner to guarantee their cruel death.

So anyone on here that has killed a rat, caught a mouse in a trap, killed a coyote, gut shot a wolf or ever wounded a deer is as guilty as the guy who put the dog out that died... I agree.... but some on here think since it was a dog, the person should be killed... (their words not mine)

You are so very self-righteous that I cringe at your twisted responses. Every stomped spider or car crushed squirrel is quickest possible demise possible. If you taped squirrel to branch so it could stare at life while dying cruelly over several days is equal to what this guy did and your responses indicate that you know that.
Your continuous need at self attention over your perceived charity is ugly. I donate to deserving charities continuously and I don't see a reason to broadcast that throughout the forum.

First off... read the whole thread before posting inaccurate information... The questions are just a sampling of trying to get those willing to kill a human to tell me where the line is on what they feel it is OK to kill a human... there were plenty of other questions based on the same thing... i.e. gut shooting a wolf... is that ok... what about someone taking a poor shot or one they should not take on a deer and gut shooting it... should they be killed for their bad judgement.....

i do not need attention.... I just love pointing out people who would rather kill a human being or let a human being die than let a dog die.... talking about needing some phycological help,,,, man real wackos...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You could have said "I disagree" or chose not to put in your .02, you know darn well how these guys feel about dogs around the 'Fire.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by gonehuntin; 01/29/14.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Lets see... you come across a dog and a human drowning in a lake.. you can only save one.... which do you save....?

Is it my dog?

Yes it is your dog.... answer honestly

My dog, then.

You are, at this point, not allowed to resubmit the question by identifying the human by age, gender, nationality, political affiliation or kinship to me.

Does not surprise me.... I do feel sorry for you... putting so little value on human life... Think about that next time you look in the mirror... better yet think about looking the family of the person that you would let die in the face after letting them die for your dog.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by milespatton

you forget the majority of this thread... I do not hold pets to the same level as Humans.... I would kill the pets to feed the humans....

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

There is a big difference between having religion and have a relationship with Christ... it is too bad that there are a lot of people who only have religion

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

First off... read the whole thread before posting inaccurate information... The questions are just a sampling of trying to get those willing to kill a human to tell me where the line is on what they feel it is OK to kill a human... there were plenty of other questions based on the same thing... i.e. gut shooting a wolf... is that ok... what about someone taking a poor shot or one they should not take on a deer and gut shooting it... should they be killed for their bad judgement.....

i do not need attention.... I just love pointing out people who would rather kill a human being or let a human being die than let a dog die.... talking about needing some phycological help,,,, man real wackos...

Obviously, this was a thread about animal cruelty, You started the human question in your self aggrandizing efforts to promote yourself. None of that was part of thread until you introduced it. The actual posters have demonized the animal cruelty as any decent person would.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Skeezix

+1

Go back and read the thread.... I did not bring religion into this thread... that was steelhead and he had to ask the question multiple times.... so do not go blasting me for the religion comments...

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Most people I know would give their own lives to save their dogs. That characteristic alone tells me they have more compassion towards humans in general in their pinky than you have in your body

Wolves- kill em all, any way you can

Pedophiles- kill them all slowly and painfully

Would I save my dog over another person. Very possibly- depending on if i am at work or not

I've never seen evil in the eyes of a dog. I have seen it countless times in the eyes of humans.

I've never seen a dog that would not give it's life for its human. If we aren't wilkingbto return that loyalty, do we deserve the unconditional love dogs give us?

I have seen plenty of people who have taken the lives of their family members Those are the people I have no igreat concern whether they keep breathing or not

Until you do my job, don't tell me whete my compassions have to lie

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Actually this was a continuation from the other thread.... I simply asked a very valid question regarding the posts of others stating they wanted to kill the person who did this... (BTW the person who did this was a human) so I was simply asking a question as to their posts... I am not trying to promote myself simply pointing out the fact that there are people on this board who would let a human drown to saw a dog... and would kill another human for killing a dog.... it just simply hurts when these things are pointed out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[There is a big difference between having religion and have a relationship with Christ.

You are correct, maybe you should ponder it a little more.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Most people I know would gove their own lives to save their dogs. That characteristic alone tells me they have more compassion towards humans in general in their pinky than you have in your body

Wolves- kill em all, any way you can

Pedophiles- kill them all slowly and painfully

Would I save my dog over another person. Very possibly- depending on if i am at work or not

I've never seen evil inbthe eyes of a dog. I have seen it countless times in the eyes of humans.

I've never seen a dog that would not give it's life for its human. I have seen plenty of people who have taken the lives of their family members Those are the people I have no igreat concern whether they keep breathing or not

Until you do my job, don't tell me whete my compassions have to lie

Lets see.... obviously never seen a trained guard dog... or a pissed off pit bull.....

so since it is OK to kill a wolf anyway you can.... I guess it is OK to put a wolf in a crate and let it starve to death....

Would save a dog over a human.....

You must be a cop.... that explains a lot with your holier than now attitude... as I see you get to judge if an animal is worth killing someone for... and since you see as it being OK to cage and starve a wolf to death since you do not like them... what a bout people who have wolves for pets..?

You are a real piece of work.. would kill someone if you could for putting a dog in a crate to die but thinks it is OK to do that to a wolf...... if you are in fact a cop, you are the type of cop that people need to worry about....

Last edited by Sako; 01/29/14.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
for clarification.... and one who wants to throw around the religion thing... go back and read the thread... I did not bring it up and was asked multiple times if I was a Christian before I answered....

However, I must think this is a good thing.... people assumed I was a Christian since I advocated it was better to help a feed a child and was questioning people on the fact they wanted to kill another human being for killing a dog... Thank you all for making that assumption...

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I simply asked a very valid question regarding the posts of others stating they wanted to kill the person who did this... so I was simply asking a question as to their posts... I am not trying to promote myself simply pointing out the fact that there are people on this board who would let a human drown to saw a dog... and would kill another human for killing a dog.... it just simply hurts when these things are pointed out.

Nonsense, it's not a valid question. Posters were lamenting a horrible situation. You escalated it by demanding people place a value on human life. Then you escalated it by describing your charity efforts as superior than other peoples which is bragging.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.