Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I pick up an XD-45 LE. 4"

Looking for options on IWB holsters.

I'm liking the WhiteHat for a couple of reasons. They have the kydex part that is switchable. Say I buy a different pistol, I can just get the kydex for that pistol. And, all though it may be a little pain, I could swap the kydex between different guns, if I want that. Also, they have designs have available for the kydex, just for fun.

The Cross Breed seem to have a bit higher following. Any real reason to go with the Crossbreed over the White Hat?

Maybe suggestions of other companies? I really would like this type with leather and Kydex. Thanks

Any opinions or comments are appreciated.

Last edited by Pahntr760; 01/30/14.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Milt Sparks.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Have not owned a White Hat, but the Crossbreed is a good holster.

My honest to God favorite IWB is the Comp-Tac Infidel. May not look comfy, but for whatever reason it is the most comfortable IWB I've had.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Travis, which attachment option on that holster. And where do you like to carry with that type? Sorry, new to the covert carry thing...

Thanks, Scott, I am checking those out, as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam Andrews leather

Sam......

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You may wanna look at the Galco King-Tuk also. Same basic idea as the whitehat and Crossbreed

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the Crossbreed a lot. Very comfortable. Got one specific for the Ruger LCR but most any .38 snubbie will fit it. I use it with SP101, S&W they all fit.
Never used a White Hat.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I like the Crossbreed a lot. Been using the supertuck deluxe horsehide combat cut for a couple years now and no complaints.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
We've got several crossbreed holsters with no complaints. Least wise, they have never said anything.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
http://crossbreedseconds.com/

Run by the crossbreed people. Send cash, get holster. Mine came in perfect condition. I bought one listed in very good condition.

My next holster will probably be a fancy looking WhiteHat just to switch things up.

ss

Last edited by SS_Freak; 01/30/14.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Crossbreed is one of the very best. I have one for a G27. Very comfortable and concealable.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
We've got several crossbreed holsters with no complaints. Least wise, they have never said anything.

Mine does, it squeaks all the time. Horsehide takes FOREVER to break in. Here is the skinny (for those who are, this may not apply to donut eaters) on Crossbreeds; You will recieve a serviceable holster, for sure, but it might not be optimal for YOU. The good news is, you've got a big chunk of cowhide you can twist, bend, and carve away to make it "yours". Pay $200 for a Del Fatti, you most likely won't be attacking it with shears or a bandsaw.

The metal clips just plain do not work for many. I've taught classes where Crossbreeds were provided, and about a third of the class, mostly lean and mean types, would pull the gun and holster out of their pants about 1 outta 4 times. Crossbreed sells kydex J-clips that prevent this,and I run a modified (shortened and re-located) J-clip forward.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've got 2 Milt Sparks Summer Specials and 2 VersaMax ISB holsters. The VersaMax are great and as comfortable as can be.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by djs
I've got 2 Milt Sparks Summer Specials and 2 VersaMax ISB holsters. The VersaMax are great and as comfortable as can be.

Full sized steel 1911 in a VersaMax all day, every day. Often forget it is there.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
As for materials, what's the preference in leathers? Horse versus Bovine?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
any of you have the N82 or Nate squared IWB holster?

if so how do you like it?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/home Scroll to bottom and check out their reviews. My daughters getting one for her XDs soon.

Deus Juvat

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 270winchester
http://aliengearholsters.com/index.php/home Scroll to bottom and check out their reviews. My daughters getting one for her XDs soon.

I just found this company due to another poster on PM. I'm going to give them a try. Money back guarantee, and free kydex swaps for life...sounds like I can't go wrong. Quite a few folks are happy with them, so says the inter web search.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
As for materials, what's the preference in leathers? Horse versus Bovine?

I have a horse hide holster. I live in a higher humidity part of the country and it also helps keep sweat off the firearm. They are supposed to be a little harder to break in but I had no trouble and after two and a half years of constant use it still has great retention.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
some suggest increasing your pants waist 1-2" in size. also, use a real gun belt. either a wilderness belt type or a true leather gunbelt.

here is your answer to comfort:

http://www.tuckergunleather.com/the-answer-iwb/

ked

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 01/30/14.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 52 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,516
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.