Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I was crossing over to Central Africa Republic by accident from Cameroon at Gari Boli (sp?) The border gate officers kept raising their voices until they were screaming, holding Uzzies on me and the 3 passengers.
All I could say was, "Parlay English..."

Finally my buddy said, "Hey maybe they like caps." I gave all the guards base ball caps and we were free to go. The guards were smiling and waving as we drove off.

Last edited by SoDakota; 02/04/14.

For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Crossing over to the US from Canada. I told the border patrol I only bought one thing in Canada that I was taking back, "A Cuban cigar." Bad boy..

I had to take out luggage and go thru it until I found it. They said they were going to throw it away. OK, it was only a $50 cigar but hey...

For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bluecord1988
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
I would like to see what would happen if it was in reverse I'm sure the U.S. border guards would just have a good laugh about it and send us on our way.

Bluecord, you have no idea what you are talking about on so many levels, our Conservative government has loosened gun control laws unlike your buddy Obama. There are many other misconceptions you obviously have but who cares. We don't want you either, all normal Americans will be welcomed.

A bit touchy about gun laws are we? Look, I know Canada is awesome. During international travels, I've often told people I was Canadian to avoid problems! grin NOTE: I also said I wouldn't spend money is certain US States because I don't care for their gun laws. Yes, we have the Messiah because of the same states I choose not to visit. Yes, I am aware of Canada's pro-gun government voted in couple years back. But here's the deal, I like the idea of freedom. And Freedom has this little four letter word in it "FREE." I like to be FREE from most government regulation. Obviously there are some basics like general crime stuff, property rights, monetary systems, central banking, and so forth but beyond the most basics, don't need it. Firearm restrictions are a restriction on Freedom. I don't care for those restrictions from any Government, much less mine. Now, I don't mind filling out a few forms declaring weapons brought in to a foreign and sovereign government. I think that is fair. But arresting a man who made a mistake? Declared his intent to not enter the country and only wanted to turn around? That my friends, is some straight up big time, crap.
I'm pretty sure once a person commits, good or bad, one can't turn around, even if the long drive is a few miles long. We have the same issue here in the US. Going from say Virginia to Maryland on some roads. There are bridges and once you enter the bridge, the only way to turn around is crossing into the dead zone. I suspect it's the same at most border check points.

Please, don't get me wrong and I'll repeat. I think Canada is great. Considered moving there a few times but I just can't get past the gun laws. If I could, I'd probably be living in California. But, I can't! I won't give up my right to be free so I may live or visit any place. I vote with my slim wallet.

BC

You swap ends well, I'll say that for you.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

You swap ends well, I'll say that for you.

GTC

laugh laugh laugh

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I won't give up my right to be free

You don't have to give it up, your government is taking it from you and yours every minute they are in office, piece by piece.

IC B2

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to see what would happen if it was in reverse I'm sure the U.S. border guards would just have a good laugh about it and send us on our way.

Bluecord, you have no idea what you are talking about on so many levels, our Conservative government has loosened gun control laws unlike your buddy Obama. There are many other misconceptions you obviously have but who cares. We don't want you either, all normal Americans will be welcomed.

Thanks Gerry, some folks around the campfire don't get out of their county much. As a Canadian travelling to foreign countries I would never relinquish the Maple Leaf. Says allot about the OP, his perception of the USA and the structure of his backbone.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Scott F
Try the same trick in Mexico. You may never be seen again.

True. And all it takes there is an empty cartridge casing.

I've heard that. A few years ago I was in Laredo, TX for a federal drug trial on a Mexican national that I had caught the year before ( in KY ) with 170 lbs of marijuana. Feds deported him & basically told him all was forgiven if he wouldn't come back. Well, he couldn't stand it and got caught again. This time, he was being tried on my charges ( since the case was better ). I was cruising around Laredo and found myself on a one way street to a bridge into Nuevo Laredo, Mexico with my Glock in my rental car. I knew they wouldn't like it when they found the Glock so I stopped, put it into reverse, and backed up the wrong way till I could turn around. Figured a citation for going the wrong way was a whole lot easier to take care of then trying to get out of a Mexican jail! eek

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would never do that either Brad.

The only other thing I want to say is you need to understand the laws of a country before going there. I would never dream of taking anything firearms related into the U.S. and the same goes the other way. As mentioned earlier Canada is a sovereign state and it's rules need to be followed, we aren't part of the U.S.

Gerry.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's one bich of a wrong turn to make.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

You don't have to give it up, your government is taking it from you and yours every minute they are in office, piece by piece.

'Tis very true.

I just hope people will wise up soon, a couple of people I know have wised up to this kind of crap but I just don't know if enough will.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've always thought of Canada as a brother, the closest ally one could have as naive as that may sound but I've been across the line enough to know you need your ducks in a row.

This may sound equally naive but wouldn't you think officers on both sides of the line would have the intelligence and common sense coupled with almost instant ID checks to put the circumstance into context and bid you a "good day sir, you're free to go". If there is reason for suspicion, certainly, arrest and let the law sort it out.

I guess my question is for all these guys is, "do you have any disgression in your judgements?"

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would never do that either Brad.

The only other thing I want to say is you need to understand the laws of a country before going there. I would never dream of taking anything firearms related into the U.S. and the same goes the other way. As mentioned earlier Canada is a sovereign state and it's rules need to be followed, we aren't part of the U.S.

Very true, was in the US all of January, no speeding , not one drink when driving , respectful of all rules and regulations as I am a visitor.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

Ouch! That was a ten pointer Lynn! grin

All the more painful because it is true.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Scott F
Try the same trick in Mexico. You may never be seen again.

True. And all it takes there is an empty cartridge casing.

I've heard that. A few years ago I was in Laredo, TX for a federal drug trial on a Mexican national that I had caught the year before ( in KY ) with 170 lbs of marijuana. Feds deported him & basically told him all was forgiven if he wouldn't come back. Well, he couldn't stand it and got caught again. This time, he was being tried on my charges ( since the case was better ). I was cruising around Laredo and found myself on a one way street to a bridge into Nuevo Laredo, Mexico with my Glock in my rental car. I knew they wouldn't like it when they found the Glock so I stopped, put it into reverse, and backed up the wrong way till I could turn around. Figured a citation for going the wrong way was a whole lot easier to take care of then trying to get out of a Mexican jail! eek

Did the same thing in Nogales, AZ. Never saw any signs and all of a sudden the boarder is right in front of me. Stopped right in the middle of the road, until it was clear enough for me to back up to do a u turn. Ended up going the wrong way on the road, but it was definitely better than ending up in Mexico with what I had in the car.

OP Offline
Lots of great posts. Some dead on, other's not so much. But the facts still remain...a man made a mistake. An oppressive government official exercised poor judgment in arresting a man who clearly stated his intent was not to enter Canada.

In the American Criminal Justice system, there is thing called criminal intent. Absent criminal intent, there is no crime.

I will again state I understand a political entities ability to enact laws, prohibiting such things as gun trafficking. However, much to the dismay of my fellow North American's, a cheap .380 pistol in a glove box, unknown to the driver hardly classifies as "Gun Trafficking."

What would a US Government Official do? Being a federal position, they would screw the Canadian just as hard. Do I approve? NO!

I don't know Canadian law but I've meet a few Canadian Citizen's in my life. Most were pretty damn alright. But that has nothing to do with the laws enacted by extremists who some how or another, are able to win a political office.

And as much as it pains me to say it, President Obama, to my knowledge, has not signed one single piece of legislation affecting the ownership or possession of firearms in a negative capacity. He did however, sign a piece of legislation into law allowing the carry of personal sidearms on and in, National Parks, Monuments, and other federal lands as long as, the person carrying said sidearms, are in compliance with the state laws in which the federal land lies.

We can talk a lifetimes worth of other political issues pertaining to the current US President and his administration.

However, this thread is about a man, who unknowingly, without criminal intent, with no ill will, with no criminal mind, with no intent to commit any crime, declaring upon first contact with a foreign government official that he made a wrong turn and would like to turn around, and yet, was arrested.

Further, this thread is about my displeasure with firearm laws in general, here in the US, Canada, Mexico, and any other country, where the people are subject to Government Oppression, restriction of the right to self defense, unauthorized to possess, purchase, or maintain any weapon or extensive restriction to do so.

BC

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."

Theodore Roosevelt
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...rve-Three-Years-In-Prison-For-Wrong-Turn

Retired Army Sergeant Major Louis DiNatale was on his way to Vermont for vacation in his wife's car when he took a wrong turn, ended up on a bridge to Canada, and was charged for possession of a firearm after Canadian customs agents found a small-caliber pistol in his wife's console.

Although DiNatale made it clear he was on the bridge inadvertently and simply wanted to u-turn and return to the United States, he was handcuffed and could face three years in prison.

This is exactly why I'll never visit, travel through, or spend my hard earned money in Canada. Just as bad as Cali, NJ, NY, MD, and IL. Don't worry, I don't spend my money in those places either!
BC

No problem,STAY the [bleep] home,our country,our laws.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trailer park boys is hilarious too.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You may swap ends well,.....

but you're pretty LAME at keeping your ph*cked up agenda concealed

just typed :

"Bluecord": President Obama, to my knowledge, has not signed one single piece of legislation affecting the ownership or possession of firearms in a negative capacity.

Please elaborate (and keep it BRIEF),WTF are you trying to purvey THERE, in that totally ape-chit jewel ?

Think before hitting send, but I think I've read you like a pretty low grade book. We get a lot of your type blowing through here playing stupid games.

Dance,......and swap ends a few more times, while your at it.

Thanks for all the heads up about Canada,......us Desert Rats have very little knowledge of the place.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 02/04/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

OP Offline
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You may swap ends well,.....

but you're pretty LAME at keeping your ph*cked up agenda concealed

just typed :

"Bluecord": President Obama, to my knowledge, has not signed one single piece of legislation affecting the ownership or possession of firearms in a negative capacity.

Please elaborate (and keep it BRIEF),WTF are you trying to purvey THERE, in that totally ape-chit jewel ?

Think before hitting send, but I think I've read you like a pretty low grade book. We get a lot of your type blowing through here playing stupid games.

Dance,......and swap ends a few more times, while your at it.

Thanks for all the heads up about Canada,......us Desert Rats have very little knowledge of the place.

GTC

You seem riled up for some reason. This low grade book writer will now ask you a question. What federal legislation has President Obama signed negatively affecting gun ownership, ammunition, possession, buying or selling?

I may be new here but I see what I call Trolls spewing crap like yourself. So tell me Mr. "Desert Rat", the house bill number or senate bill number that contained any restricting legislation pertaining to firearms that President Obama signed into law? Perhaps you can post it instead? Oh wait what? You can't find any? Hmm, perhaps there is none? Perhaps my "Ape-chit jewel" of a sentence, as you call it, is what it is, A factual statement. I see you lack integrity and basic common decency to quote my entire statement. But doing that would not go with your Trolling technique now would it?

Since I change sides so often, have a crooked back, and any number of other "ASSUMING" qualities...why even engage me? I'm sure there are ignore features, yes? Heck, make it easier on your yourself....don't read what this low end book writer writes. That would require a cognitive brain with reasoning capabilities. Hmm, see these letters arranged in this order...Bluecord1988....don't read. If you don't read my crap, then I'm sure you won't have "FEELINGS" about me. If you don't have feelings, then I'm thinking you won't have a "NEED" to express yourself. This goes back to being a "FREE" man. You are free to read and waste your limited time here on earth making crap statements to me, or perhaps, you could utilize the limited resource of time in a more productive way and lead a more positive existence...like picking up trash along a local road, volunteer some of your limited time to the community, perhaps attending a remedial reading comprehension course at your local high school, or community college.

Sorry Mr. 43K posts who assumes residency status on a web forum, I have offended your sensibilities with my low quality writing. Perhaps a game of follow the bouncing ball is more appropriate given the current situation between several members here and myself. But, I don't have the time to play games with ignorant people. I've made my point on civil rights, freedoms, and liberty. You don't have to like. You don't have to read it. You don't have to comment. But see, there is that feeling of "GREATNESS" one assumes based on longevity. When in reality, you aren't entitled to "SH*T."

You, being a troll, assume I have an agenda and that I such in concealing it. Question: What is my agenda? And how do I suck a concealing it?
I'm pretty sure I attempted to, if not flat out, clearly and concisely, stated I am about living a free life, free of government minus the basic necessities. I even names a few of them. I made it clear I don't believe in the over regulation of firearms. I recognized each and every government has a right to make and enforce laws but I reserve choice of whether or not I spend my money where such laws are made and enforced.

So Sir, if indeed you are a Sir, what would one, with good reading comprehension, take from my concealed agenda? That I'm a libertarian? A socialist? A Republican? Do tell what my concealed agenda is on 24hourcampfire?

Should I arbitrarily assume you are white trash, living a meager existence in one of the poorest counties in Arizona? Sitting at a keyboard all day, filled with self hate and taking your lack of self worth out on others on an internet forum? 43 plus thousand posts in less than ten years? How does one accomplish such a feat? Does one not work? Does one not have a hobby besides trolling? Does one even own or possess firearms? Does one spend anytime shooting them? 43 plus thousand posts doesn't leave one much time to do anything else except sit around and loathe all day. Perhaps a keyboard commando who is actually prohibited from firearm possession and ownership yet has free access to read information with no practical application? That would sound about right to me.

Here's the deal Mr. God complex and this applies to anyone, I have nothing to prove to you or any other human being. I lived my whole life without 24hourcampfire and I'm pretty sure I can continue to do so. I don't have an excessive feeling of need and or want which is filled by being here. I certainly don't intent to troll in threads and talk CHIT. But, sometimes, the bully needs to put in their place....RIGHT?

BC

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."

Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I lived my whole life without 24hourcampfire and I'm pretty sure I can continue to do so.

I bet you won't.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,111
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.