Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
those declining use pre packs are the only thing that helps me when I get exposed to poison Ivy.
Hate the side effects though.
Same here Sam

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I had all to do to take them when I was younger ,but no longer I was hospitalized last year for breathing problems ,the nurse came in my room and gave me two of them ,I could taste that disgusting tast and knew I was in trouble ,5 minutes latter I starting tearing up the room I through the water pitcher across the room and went nuts ,they ended up sedating me to sleep ,today I refuse to take them pills no more for me.Literally the hair on my head was standing up I know what you mean about the RAGE.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by selmer
Yes, it is like a miracle drug. Unfortunately it's usually akin to using a 10 lb. sledge hammer to put a nail in the wall to hang the family picture. It will get the job done, but the collateral damage isn't something to be enjoyed. smile

I developed gout in both of my feet due to a blood pressure pill my doc prescribed. We did a couple of different drug therapies to treat the gout which weren't successful. Doc finally put me on prednisone and it was like a miracle. I could finally walk like a normal person, the prednisone cleared up my psoriasis and all my aches and pains went away. The stuff even made my recovery time during my daily workouts shorter. I didn't have any issues with anger, felt good to be pain free. I asked Doc if he had any free samples to give away. He said if he had any he'd save them for himself...

It is nasty stuff to take long term.

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been suffering with lung issues that ended in pneumonia and it was the end result. For some reason this go round wasn't as bad altho I think I ate 2 deer in the process....

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by selmer
I have an autoimmune neuromuscular disease called myasthenia gravis. Symptoms started flaring yesterday and the docs put me on a prednisone burst to knockback my immune system. 60 mg daily for the next week, then tapering 10 mg down every four days. I hate this crap. Road rage is out of sight, temper fuse is non-existent, and I want to eat everything in sight until I vomit and then do it again, all while bouncing off of the walls like an ADHD squirrel. Hopefully the symptoms taper off soon so I can get off this burst... In the meantime I'll stuff the fridge with celery, carrots, cabbage, and cauliflower...

Stuff is a God send for me, everything from poison oak to back inflammation it is nothing short of a miracle.

Yea, a miracle drug that saves millions a year and makes them feel they will survive.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Terrible chit Iv'e been on it since "06" I hate it

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sorry to hear you have needed to be on it long term. Those treatments really can have some serious side effects.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That stuff gave me a lot more sympathy for women when they go hormonal.

The part I hated most was the feeling that my guts were going to fall out when I came off it.

God's peace and healing.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was on that chit for more than a year when I was in my early twenties. I'm 60 now. I gained so much weight so fast I ended up with stretch marks clear around my belly. Took a LONG time to where I felt half way normal again. Had to really watch my temper as I sorta have a bad one anyway. You have my sympathy. Keep in touch with your doctor and let him know what's happening. He might be able to help with some of it. My best wishes to you through this. Russ

NRA Benefactor Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Im extremely allergic to poison ivy/oak. I took the stuff probably 15 or 20 times when I was young. A couple of years ago I had to take it again and it did me the same way, short fuse and it was smoldering all you had to do is blow on it and K-boom, I would blow up. Everyhthing pisssed me off, tiny little stupid $hit that didn't matter made me crazy as hell. I won't take it now.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Im extremely allergic to poison ivy/oak. I took the stuff probably 15 or 20 times when I was young. A couple of years ago I had to take it again and it did me the same way, short fuse and it was smoldering all you had to do is blow on it and K-boom, I would blow up. Everyhthing pisssed me off, tiny little stupid $hit that didn't matter made me crazy as hell. I won't take it now.

Yep that's how I remember it! Last week in fact!

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was given the stuff 15 years ago for a bee sting, now I don't produce insulin anymore.

You can't hit the target if you don't take the shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there is a note in my file up at the clinic that they are not to give me a burst of prednisone UNLESS they either A: admit me and tie my arse to the hospital bed or B: the doc is willing to let me move in with them till the drug is out of my system......my wife has told them she has been with me through two big burst doses so far but our marriage could not survive a third crazy

yeah the stuff works miracles when yah need it but it turns me from a pretty laid back individual to damn near psychotic and violent individual eek cracked a bone in my hand punching a wall the last time.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know what ti does for folks but when my Dad got put on it,it made him look like he swallowed a medicine ball.

He never felt right while taking it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I usually have a bout of bronchitis once or twice a year and have the pleasure of doing at least a dose pack each time. Once I get a good blood level going sleep disappears. Just kinda lay in bed dozing, hating to stay there and hating to get up all at the same time. But most of the time I end up with a hydrocodone based cough suppressent to go with it. Takes the edge off. Hate the feeling I get when it's coming on because I know already the treat that's in store.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Got the mold infection from hell this past April and was on prednisone for about 5 months....until then, I had taken it twice before, one week at the time with no ill effects. Good goshamighty...that 5 months was another story. Insomnia, nervous, fidgety, short tempered, low resale value of my house, poor gas mileage, etc etc...lost 30# for my October elk hunt....came back in two weeks! Hate that stuff, but it does serve a purpose.

Last edited by Godogs57; 02/05/14.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
It sure screwed me up. Irregular heart beat, nervous, GERD. Took me a year to clear the side effects up. Now I have to be on GERD meds continuously.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My sympathy... I also have an Auto-Immune disorder, Crohns' Disease, and when it hits, 60 mg of Prednisone is one of the treatments. For the "minor" flareups I take 20mg at home. I'm fortunate (I guess) in that it doesn't affect me that badly.

My daughter was on it as well for the same thing and it affects her worse than me.

Hang in there...

Tom

Last edited by TGriff; 02/05/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I took one of those declining packs for Poison one time!

Went to the Dr. about 3 PM he asked if I had trouble sleeping at night I told him no.

He said go get it filled and start immediately, take all of the first days dose up to the present time and then follow regular instructions.

Thank God it was a Friday, wifey and I went out to eat supper then to Home Depot and bought a new porch light fixture and Kitchen light fixture, get home and she starts getting ready for bed so I say well I'm not sleepy I'm going to install the porch light, go outside and get to it, finished up still not tired to get in the kitchen and install that one too, still not sleepy so look at the clock it's 3 AM and I'm geeked up like a meth head or something...think I saw sunlight while setting in the living room watching TV before finally sleepy enough to go to bed..

Don't recall getting hungrier than normal but that stuff is wicked.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The stuff made my mother cranky when she needed it.

Heal fast and strong, hang in there.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.