-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is a good start! I'd love to see a Tacoma double access cab in diesel.

Eric

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Useless

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blame the government. Because of their rules we can't buy this:

http://toyota-africa.com/cars/new_cars/land_cruiser_70/index.asp

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Beargrease
I'd hold out for this one.

2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel

saw one on you tube ,as tested 55k.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 405wcf
Blame the government. Because of their rules we can't buy this:

http://toyota-africa.com/cars/new_cars/land_cruiser_70/index.asp

...our tax dollars at work. 535 useless PoS's that we pay to make us miserable.... defies the reason and purpose to have a government.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
a uselessly small truck with an engine that i have to pay 60 cents more a gallon to run when i can find a station that sells the fuel, and a special mechanic to work on it. and it needs plugged in in the winter. no thanks.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Still using a old mazda b2200 263,000 mi and 24 mpg, Keep the oil changes on schedule and runs like a watch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But does it have the suspension to haul?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, I'd like to see the new Dodge 3.0 L when they're on the lot.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I swore many years ago to never again take the depreciation incurred upon a new vehicle purchase.

But for this rig, I could break that oath.
[Linked Image]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Corporate auto has not a dam clue what real people want. Give me a midsized 4x4 disel that will get 30mpg has modular bed accessories and DOESNT have carpet in it and minus all the the bells and whistles like onstar or heated seats and all that pansy azz $hit. I want a truck built for a man with a cocknballs and uses them the way they were intended not a truck designed for the limp wrist that delivers flowers and wears skinny jeans.

Actually they understand exactly what their average consumer wants, the problem is the average consumer wants all manner of bells,whistles and generally useless trinkets. Those of us who would like a simple no frills truck are far outnumbered by those who want a show-off vehicle that they can brag about.

I live in oil and farm country where you'd think the basic work truck would rule, but people still opt for the most tricked out shiny chromed up rig their bank will let them buy. Just look around next time you go to a city and ask yourself how many of the trucks you see look like they've ever hauled anything more than a couple overweight passengers and their groceries.

For every farmer or outdoorsman who would buy a bare bones,practical truck, there's a dozen more who will walk right by it to the fancy one with all the gadgets included, the one with the engine that produces twice the power they will ever need and the shortest box possible. Far more people want to show off and be noticed than want to use their truck for actual work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I swore many years ago to never again take the depreciation incurred upon a new vehicle purchase.

[Linked Image]

Diesel Landcruisers, with a few old Diesel Land Rovers around were about all I even SAW in Zimbabwe during the years I hunted there. Amazing vehicles in a land where dependability and fuel economy were far more critical issues than we in this country will likely ever know. A hunting party, consisting of one or two hunter, a tracker, a skinner and a PH driving the rig could crawl around the backcountry all day on seemingly only a few cups of fuel.

I have wanted one of either version ever since, as well.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
But does it have the suspension to haul?

My new F150? rated to tow 9700 lbs.

The small trucks? No - Rangers 2000 to 3000 lbs, but I wouldn't tow a lot with them, anyway.

There's a lot of times, it's just me, a rifle, a bag, a few tools, and a cooler. 300 miles one way, and I am hunting.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

[Linked Image]

I agree, that could be a real useful vehicle here. But Toyota could make the Taco a lot more appealing, with simple changes.

Part of the deal, of course, is that the leaders, Ford, Ram, and Toyo see small trucks as competing with themselves. They make a pile of money on F150's, Rams, and Tundras, and don't want to sell a smaller truck.

It's going to take someone like Nissan to do something daring, and it looks like they will smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Useless & UGLY !

Fixed it for you wink

I'll just stick with my F-250 Diesel King Ranch Edition!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Useless & UGLY !

Fixed it for you wink

I'll just stick with my F-250 Diesel King Ranch Edition!

I wish I could AFFORD an F-250 King Ranch. Nice Rig, amigo!

I do like my 11 year old Avalanche, too, though. Coming up on 200K together real soon. So very glad I bought it and paid for it when I could.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, the payments suck, but when it's payed off, I plan on driving it untill I die wink

Figure the Diesel Engine in this one will outlast me cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/06/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good plan there. I am keeping this one, too. Put one motor in it, need a transmission next (and soon, got to sell that clean transition era model 70....) but still looks and drives awsome.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Now a Nissan 'ain't' a Yota or a Honda, but it is a marked improvement over government motors, or other broke dick, richard cranium 'domestic' 'vehicles'.

Laffin'

Really George?

Toyota Leads all Auto Manufacturers in Recalls - Again

Automakers recalled approximately 22 million vehicles in 2013, up 30 percent from the previous year, according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report referenced by The Detroit News. The total number of recalled vehicles was the highest since 2004, while recall campaigns were up by 10 percent to reach the highest since 2010.

Toyota topped the list once again, holding the same position for four out of the past five years. The Japanese company maintained similar numbers from 2012, recalling 5.3 million vehicles from 15 different campaigns.

Click Here

And the one year Toyota wasn't the recall queen in the past five years, Honda took the crown.

He who laughs last.....

When you sell the most, you will recall the most. Plus, Toyota and Honda are well-known for recalls without government requirement. They do it to make it right, rather than cover it up.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image]

Good gawd in that thing you would be the first one to arrive at the scene of the wreck. whistle whistle

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.