Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Hunter,

I never ain't not clear and have always been at ease in calling Critters,what they is.

'Hawk's hilarious Horse Haired RAT,is simply a [bleep] Horse Haired Rat and you'll note that she knew better than to try and polish that Turd.(grin) You'll also note,that she ain't sayin' much about rifles either.(grin)

Funny how it all works.

Laffin'!

'gwe,

Links is broken,I cain't see your pics.

I chase Trouts now and again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Dude just cain't master the Poker Face and will reliably cave in and grin.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110423-DAD_3733.jpg[/img]

Mebbe 1 outa 100 shots,he'll come close.(grin)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110423-DAD_3749.jpg[/img]

Never had to fret Sister,she's had it down from inception.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110123-DAD_1251.jpg[/img]

Funny schit!

I'm rather at ease shooting a Perch in the face,for dinner.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DoubleTap.jpg[/img]

Klik'

'Hawk has a lot to Whine about and if it cheers her up,that a teenage girl has done more than she ever has or will...you may as well let her vent and relieve the wellfounded angst.

Laffin'!

Badley,

A good Poker Face is held in the highest esteem in these parts and it will reliably tip Window Lickers right the [bleep] over.(grin)

Baby Boy's War Face is coming along nicely.

'beachmen,

I think it's healthy for 'Hawk to Whine,if only because she has soooooo much to Whine about.

In fairness...she's doing "great".

Laffin'!

CLB,

Sister could poke poor poor stupid [bleep] 'Hawk in a backpack and schlep that load of schit to places it could only Dream about getting to otherwise.

Funny how it all actually works.(grin)

'LAW,

PLEASE tell me your Imagination and Pretend grants you the thought,that I somehow talked 'Hawk into being a piece of Clueless Do Nothing [bleep] Schit,so she could save all that "knowledge","experience" and it's "results"...to Post here for everyone's laughter?!?

Now THAT is [bleep] funny.

Bless your heart.

minengr,

Thinkin' they're all at a Rally,to combine their Imaginations for a final frenzied "stand".

Oh how I enjoy a good "stand".

Laffin'!

Bob,

I think Sister has spent some time Outdoors and wouldn't be much fun to shoot against or cast against...let alone tussle with.(grin)

She's a machine and then some.

'varna,

Weatherby's often enjoy rather sloppy headspace,which is but one of the "allures" of a stupid [bleep] number of lugs.(grin) They are also stoked purty hot,bolster schit brass and that melding ain't much to swoon on the average. Understatement.

As per always,the Wesatherby chamberings are of far more merit,than the actual Weatherby rifles and the pick of the litter is the twin-lugged specimens. Yet another bonus there,is that the offerings available in same are more mainstream and they are easy to feed with componetry far superior to the schit brass that Weatherby lets drip offa the shelves.

For conversation,the twin-luggers are held to a higher accuracy standard than their 9 or 6-lugged versions,by their very own decree.

Win/win.

HR IC

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good to see the young'nz out walkin' the walk.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the looks and ergo's of a Mk V Deluxe, and have owned a couple of Lazermarks that were awsome looking and handling rifles. However, I do not personally care for the fat bolt 9 lug idea, and dislike a 60 degree bolt lift VS a 90 as one loses some of the mechanical advantage of the longer lift to start the first part of the extraction proccess.

I do really like several of the Weatherby chamberings, however. I have built several 257WBY deer shooters, my 340 Tyrannosaur is merely a short necked, longer bodied 340 WBY, and I handload my 416 Rigby to just about 416 WBY speeds. All three of them work wonderfully for the tasks I ask of them.

Despite the shortcomings I mentioned, I could absolutely dig on having another Lazermark in 257WBY again, someday. I seee them kinda like I see a Colt Python. There are better tools for the job when a gun is a serious use piece, but I do appreciate a just plain gorgeous and smooth gun, mostly for the safe, show and tell with company here at the house, and some fair weather range time.

My other rifles have been hunted and show some 'character' shall we say, from those excursions.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Give me 9 lugs behind a 25-06, cradled in a shinny Mark V Deluxe wood stock and I'm happy. It'd blow the doors off any 2 lug, .243 in a plastic stock!!! He-He. Just kidding Larry...take a deep breath. smile

Actually, I love my Mark V Deluxe 270 Wby. Just love the classic look, and the way it feels when I shoulder it up. Personal preference I guess. Plus I reload, so it's not too terribly expensive to shoot. It's no slouch in the field either, even though it slings ping pong balls for bullets. smile

That being said, I have no plans to ever buy a new factory gun again. After building a custom on a Howa/Vanguard action for not much more than a new factory gun, I'm sold on customs. It was a breeze to tune, super accurate and easy to clean. Plus, I got exactly what I want. I have a 6-06 being built at the moment on a Rem 700 action. Never played with a 6mm, so looking forward to giving it a whirl.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I owned a Mark 5 weatherby for about a year back in my younger days. Got rid of it rather quickly and have no plans of ever going back.

Shod

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Boxer: sorry about the pics, I'll repost the " High Fence" fishing pic when PB quite phoucing with me�.

Bandwidth�pfffffft�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Boxer: sorry about the pics, I'll repost the " High Fence" fishing pic when PB quite phoucing with me�.

Bandwidth�pfffffft�.

Ingwe,

just throw money at PB. That cures most problems.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They already asked for that...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I have only messed extensively with a couple of mark V's. The first was my all time favorite rifle, and IMHO the finest Weatherby ever sold. Too bad they abandoned the action when they moved production out of Japan.

Yes I am referring to the original MIJ SA six lug Varmint Master. Mine was 26 inches and in 22-250. It balanced nicely, carried well, and shot sub moa. It was proportioned quite well.

Too bad that during the four years I owned it, the stock broke behind the recoil lug, (yes, on a 22-250) and the nut for the rear action bolt fell off.

The other was a used 340 with brake. It was pleasant enough to shoot if one was wearing plugs AND muffs. But it was a 3 MOA rifle with several powders and several bullets and copper fouled quickly, until we put a new Pac-Nor barrel on it. Oh, and did I mention the stock was broken behind the tang when I got it. I had it repaired and a couple weeks and 150 rounds later found the recoil lug was broken.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by husqvarna
Included: were blown primers with factory ammo,
Now that you mention it, I had a 270 Wby mag and it would blow the primers out 3 or 4 times from a box of twenty factory Wby ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My Weatherby Ultralight in .257 will be the last gun I ever sell. It is an absolute tack driver!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
About 18 years ago, when I was in college, a gunsmith and hunting buddy told me, when you get to where you can afford it, buy a .257 WBY. Mag. You'll never regret it. I finally got one this past fall. I thought I wanted a new rifle, but ended up with a vintage German 1971 LH Mark V Lazermark in terrific condition. Shoots lights out. A couple buddies told me, man that's a beautiful rifle but you'll never hunt with it. I'm going to spend the summer working up different rounds for it. This gun was built to hunt. Period.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
A couple buddies told me, man that's a beautiful rifle but you'll never hunt with it. I'm going to spend the summer working up different rounds for it. This gun was built to hunt. Period.

+1 on that

[Linked Image]

every wood stocked rifle I own has "character marks", many, well earned.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 18 years ago, when I was in college, a gunsmith and hunting buddy told me, when you get to where you can afford it, buy a .257 WBY. Mag. You'll never regret it. I finally got one this past fall. I thought I wanted a new rifle, but ended up with a vintage German 1971 LH Mark V Lazermark in terrific condition. Shoots lights out. A couple buddies told me, man that's a beautiful rifle but you'll never hunt with it. I'm going to spend the summer working up different rounds for it. This gun was built to hunt. Period.

What an AWSOME find! Yeah, I junted with my Lazermarks when I had 'em. Like you said, that is what they are FOR!

Would love to see a photo of yours posted up if you get the chance.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
A couple buddies told me, man that's a beautiful rifle but you'll never hunt with it. I'm going to spend the summer working up different rounds for it. This gun was built to hunt. Period.

+1 on that

[Linked Image]

every wood stocked rifle I own has "character marks", many, well earned.

Best,

GWB

Those are some fine looking hunting rifles, there. Thee one on the bottom (looks like a Sako af first glance) has some STUNNING color to its wood. They all look like good hunting rifles to me.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm not sure if this picture will post, but I'll give it a try.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/p235x350/1619419_262544560572201_34103348_n.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to post image instead of link?

Last edited by Bama_Rick; 02/11/14. Reason: ?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
... vintage German 1971 LH Mark V Lazermark ...

?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What's the question? It's a custom LH Lazermark.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The original way you wrote the description reads as if J P Sauer made a Lazermark in 1971.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm not sure if this picture will post, but I'll give it a try.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/p235x350/1619419_262544560572201_34103348_n.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to post image instead of link?

Upload it to photobucket (free account) then post from there.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.