-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd get the [bleep] out of MN regardless of the weather.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't speak to any place west of the Mississippi, but North Eastern Alabama isn't like the rest of the state.

The foothills of Appalachia extend into it. Guntersville always struck me as a little bit of paradise in that area - specifically the triangle between Guntersville, Scottsboro and Gadsden. There is even a skiing resort (resort is a stretch) around Mentone , AL, south of Chattanooga.

North Carolina is a very popular state to move to, however I am partial to Knoxville, TN.

With you desire to be close to hunting and fishing but also have access to modern medical care and be a professional, that might be a great option for you.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If from the north you will find most southern state way too hot in the summer time.. I have worked all over . From Prudhoe bay Ak to the gulf coast. Right now I am in Salt Lake City.. And must say utah may be the ideal place.. Maybe a little south of here away from the city. Lots of hunting and fishing and for the most part mild winter. Summers are hot but not humid like the Deep South.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Seafire

two weeks to somewhere warm would be more therapeutic than you can imagine...always helped me make it thru the length of winters...for me, it wasn't how cold it got... it was more like how LONG winter was...that got to me each year...

I would agree, it's probably cabin fever. However, this winter has been particually long and cold. I bet we've had 50 days that have been below zero. Today was -18 when I went to start my car for work at 6:00am.

With weather in the 20's (above) this week, we'll have a different outlook on things.

But when I retire, I'm not going to live here in the winter. There is just too much about winter I don't like. I'll leave in Jan when I'm sick of it and come back in June.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My parents wintered every year in Mesa AZ after they retired and loved it.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Seafire

two weeks to somewhere warm would be more therapeutic than you can imagine...always helped me make it thru the length of winters...for me, it wasn't how cold it got... it was more like how LONG winter was...that got to me each year...

I would agree, it's probably cabin fever. However, this winter has been particually long and cold. I bet we've had 50 days that have been below zero. Today was -18 when I went to start my car for work at 6:00am.
According to the weatherguessers, you've had 41 so far - and the record is 45, back in '81='82 - and yes, I remember that winter VERY well.. mad

But when I retire, I'm not going to live here in the winter. There is just too much about winter I don't like. I'll leave in Jan when I'm sick of it and come back in June.
I hear ya - but I ain't waitin' for Januray.. About mid-November I'm OUTTA here and won't be back for at least 5 months..

Went to the RV show over the weekend.. Coupla them big 5ers with the (either) rear or front living looked MIGHTY inviting.. Even the wifey-poo thought they were plenty comfy.. Probably get one once I'm too old to ride the HD... THEN hook it up to the F-350 and head south until people I ask reply with, "what's 'snow'?"

laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 13 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.