Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Torque
It's his choice to be homosexual.

The problem that I would have as another player would be locker room/shower situations. The entire point to having separate locker rooms is to separate attracting sexualities. Men and women do not share locker rooms for a reason. Having a homosexual person in a vast majority hetero locker room would cause problems. So is a team going to go to the expense of building a separate locker room and for homosexuals? It is his choice, but the rest of the team shouldn't have to put up with that situation.

Sexuality is not a choice, at what point did you 'choose' ? There would be allot less problems if the Christians didn't invent modesty , think German and Scandinavian hot pools or Hot Spring Cove on Vancouver Island.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Furprick

Sexuality is not a choice, at what point did you 'choose' ? There would be allot less problems if the Christians didn't invent modesty , think German and Scandinavian hot pools or Hot Spring Cove on Vancouver Island.

BS, they can choose to act on their perversion or not. I choose every day to be faithful to my wife even though I am programed like most men to be promiscuous. It is in our DNA yet there are a section of the population that has been though that it is not moral even though it goes against our nature we still resist. While others give into the urges. I suspect that gays are much the same with a section of them never acting on their perversion because they know it is wrong.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Who cares if he likes sausage or taco? What does it matter?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker

BS, they can choose to act on their perversion or not. I choose every day to be faithful to my wife even though I am programed like most men to be promiscuous. It is in our DNA yet there are a section of the population that has been though that it is not moral even though it goes against our nature we still resist. While others give into the urges. I suspect that gays are much the same with a section of them never acting on their perversion because they know it is wrong.

This . . . exactly! God gives us the power to choose the right and shun the wrong, regardless of the temptation.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Homophobic is a word Queers call normal heterosexual people so the [bleep] can feel better about the poor choices

IC B2

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

This . . . exactly! God gives us the power to choose the right and shun the wrong, regardless of the temptation.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

If you can't picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies, picture your son or daughter, who may be gay, are you going to through them under the bus or are you going to shed that cloak of ignorance. Do you know the allot of the suicide's of ~18 year olds are because they are homosexual and you have not demonstrated to them that you are a supportive parent no matter what the issue. That , in my view , is a crime.

Last edited by Furprick; 02/10/14.
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Not the same thing at all, you are exercising your sexuality with one partner (choice), you are telling the homosexual not to exercise their sexuality at all(no choice), because you have been programed otherwise.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I did not realize how strong the homophobia was here on the fire. Just because the dude is gay does not mean he is going to try to rape you in the locker room. I have worked with all kinds after being a cop in the bay area and I could really give a crap less what their orientation is. A good cop is a good cop regardless of what their sexual choice is. If he can run, tackle and read an offense he will be successful, if he cannot it will be the next man up. The SWAT team leader was gay and we all knew it ten years before he actually admitted it, never ever affected his ability to make proper tactical action and never affected my decision to follow his command for even a split second.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I did not realize how strong the homophobia was here on the fire. Just because the dude is gay does not mean he is going to try to rape you in the locker room. I have worked with all kinds after being a cop in the bay area and I could really give a crap less what their orientation is. A good cop is a good cop regardless of what their sexual choice is. If he can run, tackle and read an offense he will be successful, if he cannot it will be the next man up. The SWAT team leader was gay and we all knew it ten years before he actually admitted it, never ever affected his ability to make proper tactical action and never affected my decision to follow his command for even a split second.

Seems to go with christian

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well, just because there's a guy in the ladies locker room doesn't mean he'll try to rape them, but it's still not appropriate.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR SICK AND VILE WAY OF LIFE PERIOD.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Being gay is wrong, being a dope smoker is wrong, being a pedophile is wrong, being a thief is wrong, being a murderer is wrong. All of the above are choices. I choose not to accept or be around any of the above if I am aware of it. Dont make me aware and then I wont know. If you choose to make me aware I will not accept you or what you do. It is simple do the right thing and not the wrong.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
walt would love for the colon cowboy to ride him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
S
Most pro teams have a gay or 2 playing and most players and coaches know about it. Playing with a gay player who does his job is no big deal. But when the guy comes out and forces everyone to answer questions about it endlessly, well that's another issue. Teams are families, they really try to see themselves that way. Many families have a gay sibling or cousin and it soon becomes no big deal. Having said that, if I was a gm I would not draft this guy. Undoubtedly he is a good player but the publicity seeking act of outing yourself raises a red flag. NFL teams saw what happened with the Tim Tebow gong show and most are not interested in a repeat.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Do people really believe being gay is a choice?

It seems to me that nobody would choose being gay,given the hatred and mistreatment they're subject to on a daily basis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
picture your son or daughter, who may be gay, are you going to through them under the bus or are you going to shed that cloak of ignorance. Do you know the allot of the suicide's of ~18 year olds are because they are homosexual and you have not demonstrated to them that you are a supportive parent no matter what the issue. That , in my view , is a crime.

I knew a kid who killed puppies and kittens for fun, but his mother did not support him. Was his mother committing a crime?

99% of suicides are not caused by unsupportive parents. Given that homosexuality is just one more form of sexual deviancy, should parents be supportive of offspring who practice pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, etc., etc., etc.? Do you discriminate in favor of homosexuals? If so, why?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
hatred and mistreatment they're subject to on a daily basis

Where/when does that happen?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is a 3rd or 4th round talent so if by early you mean in the middle of the draft then you are probably right. Being gay certainly doesn't make him a higher pick any more than it makes him a lower pick.

I would bet that anybody that drafts him will have the conversation about his sexuality and how it affects their locker room. Just like they have the conversation about how every persons personality and character will affect the locker room. I can see him slipping a round or two...

...Not because he is gay, but why would a coach or GM want to bring the kind of distraction to the locker room for a guy who likely won't even start and may not even make the roster? It will be a distraction, not because the players make it that way, but because the media will not leave him alone.

Exactly.
Does anyone here think the teams want a guy that is potentially more of a distraction than Tebow?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scottprice
holy hell some of you guys are pricks....hope you dont have kids

Strikes me funny, ~10% of the population is homosexual, these guy's never consider that one or more of their children could be gay. My BIL is an alpha male and his son is gay , he did the right thing, acceptance and STFU. My sister SIL has 4 daughters , she thinks its a lifestyle so her teachings tell her.

Except that homosexuality is a behavior. It doesn't matter what's going on in your head, it's behavior that counts.
I know I'm genetically predisposed to be a serial philanderer, but in spite of many temptations I've managed to be true to my vows. [bleep] get no slack from me.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
The most decorated allied soldier of WWII was more than likely gay!

Still killed a bunch of Germans for the winning team.

Mike

if he was, it was while being married twice and having a son.

and he didn't have a presser about it either!

Uhh he was never married and had no children!! I said Allied soldier not American soldier.

Blair "paddy" Mayne, SAS Soldier. "ROGUE WARRIOR OF THE SAS, THE BLAIR MAYNE LEGEND, by Martin Dillon and Roy Bradford.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 257Bob, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.