Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Furprick
Originally Posted by heavywalker

So being a bachelor or getting a divorce and not remarrying counts as being gay?

No, the word is suspect.

Who's the bigot?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by crittergetter
I DO NOT WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR SICK AND VILE WAY OF LIFE PERIOD.

Your not athlete so this should be no problem!

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
picture your son or daughter, who may be gay, are you going to through them under the bus or are you going to shed that cloak of ignorance. Do you know the allot of the suicide's of ~18 year olds are because they are homosexual and you have not demonstrated to them that you are a supportive parent no matter what the issue. That , in my view , is a crime.

I knew a kid who killed puppies and kittens for fun, but his mother did not support him. Was his mother committing a crime?

99% of suicides are not caused by unsupportive parents. Given that homosexuality is just one more form of sexual deviancy, should parents be supportive of offspring who practice pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, etc., etc., etc.? Do you discriminate in favor of homosexuals? If so, why?

No I don't discriminate. Your kittens and puppies example are there to deflect from the issue. Your son ,for example, tells you he is a homosexual, what do you do?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mossy
Do people really believe being gay is a choice?

It seems to me that nobody would choose being gay,given the hatred and mistreatment they're subject to on a daily basis.
It's as much of a choice as being a pedophile, a pyromaniac, violent, or any number of other sins. It makes no difference. If you have those tendencies, you must learn to control them to be real member of society. We're all sinners and God has instructed us to overcome them. As was said before, there is NO temptation to strong for us to overcome. God has promised to give us a way out before we do the act...every time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
picture your son or daughter, who may be gay, are you going to through them under the bus or are you going to shed that cloak of ignorance. Do you know the allot of the suicide's of ~18 year olds are because they are homosexual and you have not demonstrated to them that you are a supportive parent no matter what the issue. That , in my view , is a crime.

I knew a kid who killed puppies and kittens for fun, but his mother did not support him. Was his mother committing a crime?

99% of suicides are not caused by unsupportive parents. Given that homosexuality is just one more form of sexual deviancy, should parents be supportive of offspring who practice pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, etc., etc., etc.? Do you discriminate in favor of homosexuals? If so, why?

No I don't discriminate. Your kittens and puppies example are there to deflect from the issue. Your son ,for example, tells you he is a homosexual, what do you do?

You are sooooo wrong. The puppy/kitten example is NOT a deflection at all - read your abnormal psych texts. And, you seem conveniently to have ignored the examples of "pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, etc., etc., etc. ". Deviancy is deviancy - and you say it is criminal if parents don't support deviancy. Let's see - "I am a sexual deviant, and my mom and dad don't support my deviant behavior - so I must commit suicide". Seems to be something deviant in your thinking.

P.S. I do not have a son.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a fan of professional football and the NFL I couldn't give a rats ass what he is. First, as is typical of the media, they are making this into something much larger than it is. Do you really think he will be the first gay in the league? I think not. What I find most amusing, or will when it happens, is the thought of when this guy starts leveling dudes on the field. Picture that........big strong gay man levels another player. Now that will make for some interesting locker room conversations for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We're all sinners and God has instructed us to overcome them.

Have you overcome all of yours...?

Or, are you still a sinner...?

God loves all of us and gives us His grace even while we are still living sinful lives. The sin of a homosexual relationship is no worse in God�s eyes than the sin of self-righteousness or judging others or hypocrisy or misrepresenting the gospel, etc..

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
First, as is typical of the media,

That is the Red Meat that the media knows the cray right will feed on and you clowns bit it like hungry carp! Gay Fear is blown out of portion because most of the county does not care? I had a gay guy who worked in my ski shop many years ago. Who cares. The guy had great way with the costumers and the guy could ski like most of us only could dream. Any time we took snow cats into the back country for some untouched pow I always took him because he was such a great skier and he was reliable.

Gay?? Who cares! You guys who are all hung up on that need to have a reality check!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We're all sinners and God has instructed us to overcome them.

Have you overcome all of yours...?

Or, are you still a sinner...?

God loves all of us and gives us His grace even while we are still living sinful lives. The sin of a homosexual relationship is no worse in God�s eyes than the sin of self-righteousness or judging others or hypocrisy or misrepresenting the gospel, etc..
Of course I haven't overcome them all, not even close, but I'm trying.
I know that I'm sinning and I've asked Jesus for forgiveness. That's the difference right there.
The homosexuals are demanding that God accept them 'just as they are'. It won't happen. The Bible clearly calls homosex a gross sin that can be forgiven through repentance. But, they won't ask for forgiveness. They won't make any attempt to change. They like their degeneracy. God doesn't. All the talk you can do about God's mercy, His grace,etc. is wasted if they won't acknowledge their sin and repent. Jesus said that if we love him, we will keep his commandments. One of those commandments, given through Paul, is to abstain from all manner of sexual sin. There is forgiveness for all sins, but only if we repent and attempt to change.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
Holds the point of attack, good motor, strong work ethic and can play 4-3 or 3-4? We'll take him in GB. smile

Maybe him and Rodgers can be lovers?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Torque
It's his choice to be homosexual.

The problem that I would have as another player would be locker room/shower situations. The entire point to having separate locker rooms is to separate attracting sexualities. Men and women do not share locker rooms for a reason. Having a homosexual person in a vast majority hetero locker room would cause problems. So is a team going to go to the expense of building a separate locker room and for homosexuals? It is his choice, but the rest of the team shouldn't have to put up with that situation.

Sexuality is not a choice, at what point did you 'choose' ? There would be allot less problems if the Christians didn't invent modesty , think German and Scandinavian hot pools or Hot Spring Cove on Vancouver Island.

Everyone is born normal. Some CHOOSE to be abnormal. The rest have "chosen" to stay normal.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Who Cares...I don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PopeYoung
Who Cares...I don't.

Isaiah 53

1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know why the guy came out of the closet...think of all the eye candy (2 him) that he aint going to see no more....lol!!!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
First, as is typical of the media,

That is the Red Meat that the media knows the cray right will feed on and you clowns bit it like hungry carp! - - - Gay?? Who cares! You guys who are all hung up on that need to have a reality check!

nwa, you do not seem to be able to discern the difference between "hungry" and "disgusted". The news media has been hungry and the public has discussed this widely in differing ways. Why would the Campfire gang address it differently?

Folks in this thread have not bitten on anything - they have commented with differing points of view ranging from "I don't care" to "this should be interesting" to "how will this affect his draft round" to "look how the media handles this" to "why did this guy choose to reveal his deviancy now?" along with other such comments and questions.

Some folks here also, in their own ways, have acknowledged the abnormalcy of the situation and the matter of homosexual behavior itself, and have discussed how they think God views such. No one here deferred to or gave much credence to your escapist euphemism "gay" - just plain folks here understand and deal with homosexuality as deviant behavior. Deviancy CAN BE interesting, even if sometimes disgusting.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
How about him? Who cares?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Wildbill59: Normally I give the homosexuals what for - not berating them as such but I always let them know I prefer to shun them and for them to do the same to me.
In this giant fudge packers case I refuse to give him any reason to seek me out - so my comments are somewhat reserved in this instance!
Most folks are not aware of just how prevalent homosexuality and bisexuality are in the black community!
Go spend some time (several years) in an urban American ghetto - its an eye opener.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks in this thread have not bitten on anything - they have commented with differing points of view ranging from "I don't care" to "this should be interesting" to "how will this in -ffect his draft round" smile

Last edited by atvalaska; 02/11/14.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
He is just a middle of the road talent. He probably has lowered his value, many teams won't want to deal with the media that will follow him. He is smart. Now he is already famous, will write a book, do the talk shows, and make a ton of money even if his NFL career doesn't work out.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sexuality is not a choice, at what point did you 'choose' ? There would be allot less problems if the Christians didn't invent modesty

And Incest and Bestiality are not a choice either. People are born that way.

You and Woody Allen would get along great.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 1badf350, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 30 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.