Hop To
Page 16 of 39 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 38 39
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Yes it's time. Will need to buy a 12 volt battery for the clay machine if we will use it.

Don't buy one just for this trip, I have one for my trolling motor that we can use.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RIO7
ED,between my pickup and trailer i wont have a problem hauling targets, will need some help unloading and setting them up where you want them. looking forward to visiting with everyone. rio7

Blue, setting them up won't be a problem. Thanks again for bringing them!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Yes it's time. Will need to buy a 12 volt battery for the clay machine if we will use it.

Don't buy one just for this trip, I have one for my trolling motor that we can use.

Ed

Well, be sure to charge it then. Looks like several real shotgunners will be there.
3 case of birds should do it. Maybe.
I'm thinking only pre 80's shotguns?
Thanks for the battery use Ed.
I'm thinking Sponxx will for sure be the bartender on his drinks. He's the only one who knows how.
Going to need a blender for sure. Sponxx is a really nice guy. Lots of energy (he's young and healthy).
Did some real good Doc's care on the beach with the young fellow who stuck the gaff deal into his arm. Had his bag on site with the correct stuff inside to stablize Alberts friend for the 2 hour drive into town.

I would like to see some more of the North Texas guys, who have not signed up, say heck ya I'll be there. Just a weekend trip. 180 mile, just show up after work, 9ish or so and have a great weekend shooting. Don't want to camp? Motels in town as has been stated.
Food, that will get worked out for sure. Fun that is already assured.
I'm going to get to meet several that I've wanted too for a while.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed what do you and others think about eggs in the mornings.
And little thin bread. I have a big pan that will hold 36 scrambled eggs at a time. Electric (if cooking area has 110 out there) or we can go gas cooker. Have one of each.

Sandwiches for lunch

Shrimp and steaks for Sat. nite meal. ??

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A

3 case of birds should do it. Maybe. Maybe...
I'm thinking only pre 80's shotguns? 1980's or 1880's? grin

I'm thinking Sponxx will for sure be the bartender on his drinks. He's the only one who knows how.
Going to need a blender for sure. We have three, including a VitaMix.
Lots of energy (he's young and healthy). Good, he should, since he has little kids...

I would like to see some more of the North Texas guys, (Me, too!) who have not signed up, say heck ya I'll be there. Just a weekend trip. 180 mile, just show up after work, 9ish or so and have a great weekend shooting. Don't want to camp? Motels in town as has been stated.
Food, that will get worked out for sure. Fun that is already assured.
I'm going to get to meet several that I've wanted too for a while. I know that I'm really looking forward to meeting folks! Through PM's I have discovered that another attendee and I share some Anchorage history. It'll be good to shake his hand as well!

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I have a big pan that will hold 36 scrambled eggs at a time. Electric (if cooking area has 110 out there) or we can go gas cooker. Have one of each.

We have a two-burner propane cooker plus a two-burner Coleman stove and a one-burner Coleman stove.
There is a fire-ring with a swing-away grate for cooking or keeping food/coffee warm and burning hot-dogs if so desired.

There is also a brick grill that we have never used that might be useful as well as two charcoal grills.

There IS 110VAC to the pavilion where I expect the cooking to take place, so we can hook up our 24cup coffee maker and blender(s).

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Ed what do you and others think about eggs in the mornings. And little thin bread.

Sandwiches for lunch

BREAKFASTS; For both Saturday and Sunday mornings, eggs and/or pancakes would be great. Sausage and/or bacon/ham for us carnivores, too. Some folks just like breakfast pastries with coffee or tea and some like cereal. With several small kids here and a couple of fruit-aholics around, some bananas, strawberrys, etc would also be great.

LUNCHES; Sandwiches (cold cuts?) makes the most sense, with hot dogs/hamburgers available on the grills of someone is feeling ambitious. Chips, of course, and pickles. Again, fruit.

SUPPERS; Friday night & Saturday nights are wide open. LTPPOWELL has said that he would grace us with his cooking skills, so he needs to be in on the menus so he can decide what he might want to do.
For Saturday night, I like the idea of Shrimp & Steak, that begs the question of side dishes?

For Friday night, which MAY be a bit smaller crew, what about a fish-fry? Gene has the perfect cooker for it, even if the catfishing at his camp doesn't provide enough to feed all.
I also have a propane fish cooker.
We can always make folks go down to the ponds and catch their own supper... grin

I know that there will be some folks with dietary restrictions, so the earlier we know about them, the better we can adjust. No shame or embarrassment, food restrictions are part of life. Barbara and I both have our own.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like you have you place ready to go for this kind of event. Wow.
So all a person would have to do is bring a tent,(or motel it) chip in on food, bring lots of weapons, lots of ammo and have a great weekend finding out 24 hour campfire people are great to be around.
Guess we are going to have to have that campfire.
Chairs to sit in, bring one folks.
Woks for the eggs then, works great for large groups.
You say you have a bathroom out side? smile Anyone one in the group gets to use it? Nice set up Sir.
I'll bring one of those plastic white tables (small one) we can use for a bench plus a ground pad.
If I'm really good (this means remember too)I'll bring the dutch oven to cook a cobbler in Sat. night. Used to be pretty good at it. Not sure about today.

Last edited by Wtxj; 02/14/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed what do you and others think about eggs in the mornings. And little thin bread.

Sandwiches for lunch

BREAKFASTS; For both Saturday and Sunday mornings, eggs and/or pancakes would be great. Sausage and/or bacon/ham for us carnivores, too. Some folks just like breakfast pastries with coffee or tea and some like cereal. With several small kids here and a couple of fruit-aholics around, some bananas, strawberrys, etc would also be great.

LUNCHES; Sandwiches (cold cuts?) makes the most sense, with hot dogs/hamburgers available on the grills of someone is feeling ambitious. Chips, of course, and pickles. Again, fruit.

SUPPERS; Friday night & Saturday nights are wide open. LTPPOWELL has said that he would grace us with his cooking skills, so he needs to be in on the menus so he can decide what he might want to do.
For Saturday night, I like the idea of Shrimp & Steak, that begs the question of side dishes?

For Friday night, which MAY be a bit smaller crew, what about a fish-fry? Gene has the perfect cooker for it, even if the catfishing at his camp doesn't provide enough to feed all.
I also have a propane fish cooker.
We can always make folks go down to the ponds and catch their own supper... grin

I know that there will be some folks with dietary restrictions, so the earlier we know about them, the better we can adjust. No shame or embarrassment, food restrictions are part of life. Barbara and I both have our own.

Yes, sounds good. Menu is a good place to start. Trying to Get both Pats to talk, and Gene and Bart and Roger, etc.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A

Guess were are going to have to have that campfire. We will certainly have that campfire. I have no less than eight oak trees that have to come down before the Gathering as they have been killed by the drought, so firewood will not be a problem.
Chairs to sit in, bring one folks. I have a few extra here for those not driving in.
Woks for the eggs then, works great for large groups. Just don't try to "wok" my dogs! eek
You say you have a bathroom out side? smile Anyone one in the group gets to use it? Yes, we have an outside "Bath House" available for any and all to use.
My bride and I were also talking about bringing in a porta-potty for those late-night wanderers who might need it.

I'll bring one of those plastic white tables (small one) we can use for a bench plus a ground pad. We have a couple of tables as well for food prep and staging.
If I'm really good (this means remember too)I'll bring the dutch oven to cook a cobbler in Sat. night. Used to be pretty good at it. Not sure about today. Sounds like a winner! I forgot about desserts! blush

Something else to consider; snacks. I mentioned chips & fruit, is there a call for nuts, cookies, donuts, or fried pies?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, sounds good. Menu is a good place to start. Trying to Get both Pats to talk, and Gene and Bart and Roger, etc.

I can be there to make sure that Pat stays on task but I'm gonna need someone to make sure that I make sure. Ya know what I mean? smile
I'm always in when it comes to burning something on a smoker. Brisket,pork butt,whatever. It's a hell of a lot easier than grilling fifty steaks.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

I can be there to make sure that Pat stays on task but I'm gonna need someone to make sure that I make sure. Ya know what I mean? smile
I'm always in when it comes to burning something on a smoker. Brisket,pork butt,whatever. It's a hell of a lot easier than grilling fifty steaks.

OK, I'll agree to try to keep you on task. grin
Large hunks like brisket and pork butt will certainly be easier than individual steaks! Boiling shrimp for that many will be pretty easy, too.

BTW, is chili a side dish??? confused wink

Ed

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

b]I know that there will be some folks with dietary restrictions, so the earlier we know about them, the better we can adjust. No shame or embarrassment, food restrictions are part of life.[/b] Barbara and I both have our own.

I cannot eat food that is in any way deemed "healthly" or health food. I'm a finely tuned alcohol and cholesterol field machine. My healthy lifestyle is based on a pyramid of the five basic food groups; nicotine, caffeine, fat, salt, and sugar.

That is if I can make it. Things are still up in the air with mom. Little sis is down from Iowa. We've got all mom's stuff in order. They are doing the flower spray arrangement today. So now it's just spending some more good time with mom while she's still here!

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
kaywoodie - sorry to learn that you are living through this illness and anticipated loss of your mom. These can be difficult days. My thoughts are with you, and hope to be able to meet you at Ed's place.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks! I certainly hope I can make it. But if I ain't there, y'all know why!

Y'all will have a great time!!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I cannot eat food that is in any way deemed "healthly" or health food. I'm a finely tuned alcohol and cholesterol field machine. My healthy lifestyle is based on a pyramid of the five basic food groups; nicotine, caffeine, fat, salt, and sugar.
Not to worry, we have all of those covered! Woodford Reserve, Rebecca Creek, Pisco Sours, and even a small bottle of Peppermint Schnapps for your morning Mocha! grin
Followed by more coffee, donuts, chips, fried foods such as french fries & bacon, ham, sausage, scrambled eggs, plus white bread, more coffee, beer (if you bring it), cobbler (if Patrick succeeds), and any other desserts.
You are on your own for the nicotine.
grin

That is if I can make it. Things are still up in the air with mom. Little sis is down from Iowa. We've got all mom's stuff in order. They are doing the flower spray arrangement today. So now it's just spending some more good time with mom while she's still here!

You folks are still in my prayers, Bob. Family comes first.

Bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW, is chili a side dish???

I guess I could make some. If that is,y'all would eat it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed

Found out about the get-together from WP47, and want you to put my name in the hat.

I may not be able to get around too good, but just meeting everyone would be a hoot!

Now, no self-respecting coonass would let a get-together like this happen in the spring without crawfish. So ifin you dont care, I'll bring a couple of sacks and the cooker. Yall just bring your appetites and favorite beverage!

Last edited by Oldman2003; 02/14/14.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldman2003
Ed

Found out about the get-together from WP47, and want you to put my name in the hat.

I may not be able to get around too good, but just meeting everyone would be a hoot!

Now, no self-respecting coonass would let a get-together like this happen in the spring without crawfish. So ifin you dont care, I'll bring a couple of sacks and the cooker. Yall just bring your appetites and favorite beverage!

One of the best meals I ever had at a camp deal was LT>PAT's crawfish. He's a SEE Tex (southeasteast) guy you may not of ever met. You two will fit like two peas in a pod.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are the dates,4th-5th & 6th(Fri,Sat & Sun) of April set in stone?

Page 16 of 39 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,502
Posts18,509,209
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.