Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman2003
Ed
Found out about the get-together from WP47, and want you to put my name in the hat.
I may not be able to get around too good, but just meeting everyone would be a hoot!
Now, no self-respecting coonass would let a get-together like this happen in the spring without crawfish. So ifin you dont care, I'll bring a couple of sacks and the cooker. Yall just bring your appetites and favorite beverage!

Excellent! Glad to have you, even if you hadn't offered the bugs! grin Not knowing the "coonass rules of etiquitte", does one need anything special to go with said crawfish?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Are the dates,4th-5th & 6th(Fri,Sat & Sun) of April set in stone?

Yes. That's the time when I know I'll be here and my bride won't do this by herself. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to know that the dates were set early and not changed.
What do you have for a smoker/dead critter cooker?
I have a smoker that I can bring if needed.
I've been to and cooked at a few of these get togethers and would suggest that we get the menus set in stone. That includes meal times,side dishes and who's cooking/preparing what.
Pat an work well together because we've been cooking together for a few years.
The more help the better.
Lets start putting together the particulars.
I think you should start a list of who's committed to show up and what they plan to bring and cook.
Then let's plan the daily menus.
It would be best to do most of this through PM's to you or you could start a PM with everyone that's gonna cook and get it hashed out.
Just a suggestion.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think you should start a list of who's committed to show up and what they plan to bring and cook.

Trust me, you do not want me cooking but I will bring near anything y'all want me to, with in reason. I can and will peel potato's, fetch beer ect. for the cooks, but no cooking. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 02/14/14. Reason: missed between quotes

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad to know that the dates were set early and not changed.
What do you have for a smoker/dead critter cooker?
I have a smoker that I can bring if needed.
I've been to and cooked at a few of these get togethers and would suggest that we get the menus set in stone. That includes meal times,side dishes and who's cooking/preparing what.
Pat an work well together because we've been cooking together for a few years.
The more help the better.
Lets start putting together the particulars.
Then let's plan the daily menus.
It would be best to do most of this through PM's to you or you could start a PM with everyone that's gonna cook and get it hashed out.
Just a suggestion.

I'm all for suggestions. I've put together more than a few potlatches (potlucks for the Cheechakos in the crowd) and hosted dozens at our place in AK, but I don't EVEN claim to know all there is and sometimes I fall asleep and forget what I DO know. grin

You're spot-on about getting menus and timetables set.

I will make another post here in a little bit regarding who I have coming so far, and that will give us an idea about numbers we'll need to feed.

I, and others, have repeatedly asked Rick Bin to make this a sticky and hope that he will as we are getting closer and I don't want for someone to miss out because they didn't have information about it.

Ed

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
Trust me, you do not want me cooking but I will bring near anything y'all want me to, with in reason. I can and will peel potato's, fetch beer ect. for the cooks, but no cooking. miles

Miles, I've seen you in action at a couple of these things and I KNOW you'll be in the thick of things. grin

I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A sticky would be good but I'd prefer he un-sticky most of what's up there now. smile

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
A sticky would be good but I'd prefer he un-sticky most of what's up there now. smile

I agree, but it's his & SYSOP's bidness... I just hope I haven't got them P.O.'ed at me about something. blush

I forgot to reply to your question about dead critter cookers. No, I don't have one that could cook up a bunch of brisket and/or pork butts.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Amen!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Amen!

I just PM'd Rick about making this topic a sticky and un-stickying most of the others Ken. I even dropped your name so it will more than likely happen. smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
No, I don't have one that could cook up a bunch of brisket and/or pork butts.

That's actually good. I'm better off cooking with my smoker cuz I'm used to it.
Ok... I'll bring my smoker and the wood unless you have abunch of dead pecan wood laying around.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Nope, just live pecan. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Miles, I've seen you in action at a couple of these things and I KNOW you'll be in the thick of things.

Hmmm, what a nice way to tell me to keep my big azz out of the way. grin miles

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
Miles, I've seen you in action at a couple of these things and I KNOW you'll be in the thick of things.

Hmmm, what a nice way to tell me to keep my big azz out of the way. grin miles

Not at all! I saw how much of a help you were at Quemado and was hoping you'd offer your services again!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not knowing the "coonass rules of etiquitte", does one need anything special to go with said crawfish?

Hey, using them big words confuses me!

Figure on doing the usual cookout. One cooker of straight crawfish and one cooker of crawfish, potatoes, and corn.

Nothing too fancy!

Since I'm gonna be moving slow and wont be staying the night, if possible, I'd like to cook the crawfish Sat. Say have them ready to eat about noon?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
was hoping you'd offer your services again!

Just picking at you. You know that I will help any way that I can. miles

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman2003
Not knowing the "coonass rules of etiquitte", does one need anything special to go with said crawfish?

Hey, using them big words confuses me!

Figure on doing the usual cookout. One cooker of straight crawfish and one cooker of crawfish, potatoes, and corn.

Nothing too fancy!

Since I'm gonna be moving slow and wont be staying the night, if possible, I'd like to cook the crawfish Sat. Say have them ready to eat about noon?
That works for me!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Them crawdads done got my mouth watering, and..... to answer Bart's question, I can [and have before] eat chili for breakfast.

And yeah, I've got a 4 gallon "Cajun cooker" if we want a fish fry. Or it can be used for deep trying a bunch of anything REAL quick.

I've timed myself before, and for cooking just the fish, it figures out to about 1 1/2 minutes per person. That sounds pretty fast, but if we have 60 head, some of the fish is gonna be an hour and a half old before it is eaten. Just something to think about.

I expect I can catch enough catfish between now and then if we want to have the Fish Fry, but I sure like the idea of Bart and Pat cooking beef and hog better. We can chip in buy the meat.

I'll go along with most anything that don't interfere with the crawdads and chili. grin

I can bring a couple of Dutch ovens as well.

Gotta have pinto beans, of course. I got a big enough pot for them and have been known to fix 'em pretty tasty.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Gene, are you planning on coming Friday or earlier? We could have a fish fry for Friday night as I know several folks coming in on Friday. Your fryer would be a big help regardless of when you get here.

I make a great pot of pintos, too, but mine aren't very fancy. Salt, smoked ham hocks, beans, and water.

Same recipe for Navy beans. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can more than likely get there early enough on Friday to cook a mess of catfish for supper.

You got the right idea as far as keeping pintos simple, but salt pork is for pintos. ham hock is for Navy and butter beans.

And I do add a couple secret ingredients to a pot of beans.

You surely ain't - bein' a transplant and all - challenging a bred and born Texan to a bean cook off or you?grin

Dutch ovens make killer cornbread, too.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 17 of 39 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (257 roberts, 260Remguy, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 257Bob, 52 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,595
Posts18,511,248
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.