Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 39 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 38 39
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
And I do add a couple secret ingredients to a pot of beans.

When it comes to pinto beans,less is better.
It doesn't seem like it was over twenty years ago but...Being young and struggling with two little kids makes sure that one can cook beans,rice,and cornbread very well.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, this event is coming off the Campfire Hog Hunt about 3 weeks prior, so I should have a pile of pork I can bring. Wilderness' sausage is very good, and I'm happy to bring some of that, if you folks like.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta have pinto beans, of course. I got a big enough pot for them and have been known to fix 'em pretty tasty.

Gene, I think I can bring some peppers to go with them. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
what are the dates again, i might fly to south Florida sometime in April to do some fishing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Ed...Are there still openings for your gig and are there hotels nearby?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
4th, 5th, and 6th. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Gene, not being able to find salt pork that wasn't soaking in water in a plastic package, I use the ham hocks for pintos.
My Mom always made pintos with salt pork and they're my favorite.
What makes a Texan believe that their pinto beans are better than those of North Carolina heritage?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac

Bob, there most certainly are openings! Yes, there are two hotels in Gilmer. Somewhere, earlier in this thread, I posted the info on them.
I'd be tickled to death to have you here!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
4th, 5th, and 6th. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Gene, not being able to find salt pork that wasn't soaking in water in a plastic package, I use the ham hocks for pintos.
My Mom always made pintos with salt pork and they're my favorite.
What makes a Texan believe that their pinto beans are better than those of North Carolina heritage?

Ed

'cause we invented them. But we don't call 'em "pintos" among ourselves. We call 'em red beans. Or frioles, for the darker complexioned Texans. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

Bob, Ben [Mudhen] used my 204 Ruger to win the PD shoot at Quemado using my pet load for it. It has not been fired since then and you are welcome to the exclusive use of it at Ed's place if you will come.

But this go-round you will have to compete with a lot more Texas shooters............ not that THAT means anything of course. You'll still be expected to win.

They kinda neglected to call my turn at Quemado out of fear of my 22 250 AI, so IT went unfired on that trip. It may get shot this time. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Gene, you waited 'til I invited Bob to mention that you were bringing your "Death Ray"?!?! shocked

Sandbagging is considered poor form in some parts of the world!

If you let Bob shoot the .204 and you shoot your .22-250AI, is there any hope for us poor mortals? Is there a Champion out there that can save us from the incessant bragging that will follow the victory of one of your rifles? confused

grin

Ed

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
'cause we invented them. But we don't call 'em "pintos" among ourselves. We call 'em red beans. Or frioles, for the darker complexioned Texans. grin

So, Texicans know how to cook red beans / frijoles, other folks know how to cook pintos. wink

Ed

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Anasazi... all others are second best...

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by krp
Anasazi... all others are second best...

Kent

Prove it. Show up here and cook a pot of them for us. grin

Ed

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Maybe... you'd probably want elk tamales or some such also...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Gene, you waited 'til I invited Bob to mention that you were bringing your "Death Ray"?!?! shocked

Sandbagging is considered poor form in some parts of the world!

If you let Bob shoot the .204 and you shoot your .22-250AI, is there any hope for us poor mortals? Is there a Champion out there that can save us from the incessant bragging that will follow the victory of one of your rifles? confused

grin

Ed

Well......... I am subject to bribery. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I realize that a good rifle is a must but if I recall correctly Ben was just barely edged out the year before by Jon toeshoes. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by krp
Maybe... you'd probably want elk tamales or some such also...
Kent

Well, yeah! Along with that fantastic Mole! grin Even if you stirred it with your booger picker. laugh

Actually, just show up. I think we have the menus pretty well covered. If you wanted to help cook breakfast, I wouldn't turn you down. Someone has to cook the milk gravy. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
I realize that a good rifle is a must but if I recall correctly Ben was just barely edged out the year before by Jon toeshoes. miles

Lucky for us, Jon is still overseas. laugh
Katie, on the other hand might be able to come if I had a way of getting in touch with her.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the list of attendees I have so far. The ones that are tentative I put a question mark next to. If I have missed anyone, please forgive me.
There are some folks that I wish would come that haven't chimed in yet. There's still time! grin
In no particular order;

BrotherBart (& son?)
curdog4570
kaywoodie ?
ltppowell
tdd4570 & 2 sons
gnnrsig40
Wtxj
SteveNO (& Grace?)
Paladin ?
stxhunter
Texncal
Texncal's Brother ?
prairie dog shooter
Big C
bcolorado ?
milespatton
RIO7
Slipsinker
Sponxx & family
HugAJackass & Family ?
Birdwatcher & Bride
crossfireoops ?
CCCC & Bride
Temmi
butchlambert1
gunner500
Oldman2003
TX270 ?
Isaac ?
Charlie Sisk
tmj10025?
Mystery Guest
websterparish47
DocRocket ?

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
YAHOO! We made it to a sticky!

Thank you, Rick! grin

Ed

Page 18 of 39 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.